The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   There need to be a LOT more blind Christian men! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106813)

Mrs. Mary Whitford 08-21-2015 04:20 AM

There need to be a LOT more blind Christian men!

I'm REALLY tired of all the namby-pamby nancyboys who dare call themselves "Christian" men! Yes, most True Christians™ are washed clean in the blood of :jesus-fancy: and no longer have impure thoughts, but some (I'm talking to the likes of you, Brother Duggar) need to be stumbling around blind!

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

Now you can't tell me that your eyes never offend you! But why did my husband, Mr. Whitford, tell me to particularly mention men?

"Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

Lusty thoughts, Brother Duggar! And some others! Enough is enough! If eyeballs don't start rolling, don't you DARE call yourselves Christians! :ranting2:

Elmer G. White 08-21-2015 10:02 AM

Re: There need to be a LOT more blind Christian men!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 1155902)
I'm REALLY tired of all the namby-pamby nancyboys who dare call themselves "Christian" men! Yes, most True Christians™ are washed clean in the blood of :jesus-fancy: and no longer have impure thoughts, but some (I'm talking to the likes of you, Brother Duggar) need to be stumbling around blind!

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." (Matthew 5:29-30)

Now you can't tell me that your eyes never offend you! But why did my husband, Mr. Whitford, tell me to particularly mention men?

"Whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." (Matthew 5:28)

Lusty thoughts, Brother Duggar! And some others! Enough is enough! If eyeballs don't start rolling, don't you DARE call yourselves Christians! :ranting2:

This is an important thread. I am proud to be a married man and happy to say that looking at my spouse, there is never any lust, only repulsion and DUTY (Genesis 1:28). Still, I must acknowledge that not all men are as fortunate and they may experience arousal when looking at scantily-clad females - either at their household or via the omnipresent disgusting imagery that is the Interwebs.

I am also pondering if this should be applied also to feelings of homer lust?! After all, sodomy is more widepread than ever and it would benefit the general morality of the nation greatly if mandatory enucleation of the visual organs was introduced to all those who look longingly at pictures of muscular youths?

1 Corinthians 12:23
And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
:jesus:

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Roland 08-21-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mary Whitford (Post 1155902)

[...]

Hello Mary,

The verse you quoted mentioned the right eye, not the left. Though having only one eye seems inconvenient, it wouldn´t cause you to stumble around. Even less if you are really drunk (compared to people with two eyes) since you don´t have the added challenge of double vision.

Kind regards,

Roland

Youth Minister Harry 08-27-2015 08:34 AM

Mr. Roland, which Bible verse tells us not to put out BOTH eyes to show your devotion to God's Holy Instructions? I'll tell you, not being able to see out of both eyes, even for a little while, can have a powerful effect on a man at any age. As a youth minister, I have used blindfolds in my intensive one-on-one prayer sessions and have had strong young boys doubled over, crying out and pleading for Christ's mercy to come over them.

And from what I understand from Mr. Whitford, his wife is well versed in having the Lord's punishment come into her eyes. In fact, one might even call her an expert on the topic if women were permitted to be experts.

Billy Bob Jenkins 08-27-2015 10:39 AM

I keep a paring knife in my shirt pocket at all times, just in case either of my eyes offend me, or one of my fellow True Christians'™. But since I arrived at the bosom of Jesus through the Prison Outreach Ministry of Pastor Ezekiel, I haven't experienced an iota of lust. In fact, the sight of a woman usually makes me nauseous.

Dr Laurence Niles 08-27-2015 12:19 PM

I can say without fear of contradiction that I have never looked at a woman with lust in my heart.

Cranky Old Man 08-27-2015 01:09 PM

The day my wife could no longer have children was one of the best days of my life since I never would need to have sex again. I still don't understand why it made her so sad. Lust is something for gays and girls. True Christian™ men only hunger for death and Heaven.

Roland 08-27-2015 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Youth Minister Harry (Post 1156581)
Mr. Roland, which Bible verse tells us not to put out BOTH eyes to show your devotion to God's Holy Instructions?

Hello Mr. Harry,

Shouldn´t you just keep to the Bible instead of making up your own rules? Deuteronomy 4:2.