The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Recommended True Christian™ Music (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=62)

Pastor Ezekiel 11-28-2006 01:02 PM

Re: Recommended True Christian™ Music

Quote:

Originally Posted by BibleThumpinBlonde (Post 19445)
I was rummaging around my basement today and found this oldie but goodie!

We need to start a True Christian™ CHRISTMAS Music Thread

GLORY!

Sister Thumper

Which one is Frankie and which one is Jamie and who is the third? While I do admire that white linen highwater jumpsuit, the potentiality for bisexual perversion lingers in my mind...:glare:

eliot mayfield 11-28-2006 01:28 PM

Now, this lady looks TC but then read the songs!!! This is a non-starter. Do not go there!
http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/miller.jpg

Here's real tear jerker. Makes me shed a manly tear everytime I hear it!
http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/bakker.jpg

Back in the days before I was saved I used to jam out at this guy's shows! Those wild and crazy 1970's!!!! Thank God i am now saved. Thank you God, Thank you!
http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/demko.jpg

OnYourKnees 11-29-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 7684)
Cradle of Filth...the dirtiest looking boy-band I've ever seen! They could use some grooming lessons from Justin Timberlake.

Those were boys?!

Pastor Ezekiel 11-29-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 19641)

Brother Eliot, I have to offer you a mild rebuke on this one. That Lamplighter Inn was a well-known den of iniquity back in the 1970's. Luckily, Jesus burnt it to the ground, along with the unsaved trash who ran the place.

I am a bit shocked to hear that you were one of their patrons!:angry:

eliot mayfield 11-29-2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 19846)
Brother Eliot, I have to offer you a mild rebuke on this one. That Lamplighter Inn was a well-known den of iniquity back in the 1970's. Luckily, Jesus burnt it to the ground, along with the unsaved trash who ran the place.

I am a bit shocked to hear that you were one of their patrons!:angry:

Pastor Zeke, I thought I made it clear it was back in my Hell Bent for Destruction days! I was a real wild man before Christ came into my life!

Pastor Ezekiel 11-29-2006 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eliot mayfield (Post 19965)
Pastor Zeke, I thought I made it clear it was back in my Hell Bent for Destruction days! I was a real wild man before Christ came into my life!

Well I guess so! I had no idea you were one of those Lamplighter hooligans. :angry:

Thank Jesus you are Saved© now.

neko-lear 11-30-2006 04:13 AM

Re: Recommended Music

I was listening to a mix of Queen and Flogging Molly while I was working today, but I've moved onto The Trans-Siberian Orchestra now.

Enobarbus 11-30-2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20205)
I was listening to a mix of Queen and Flogging Molly while I was working today, but I've moved onto The Trans-Siberian Orchestra now.

This thread is about recommended True Christian™ music. Not what unsaved trash like you listen to. I hate to even think about what this "Queen" band is all about -- some sort of tribute to homerism and wickedness, no doubt.

neko-lear 11-30-2006 04:32 AM

Pastor Eno, are you saying you don't know Queen? they have songs that at least referance christ positively, as opposed to some of my other music.

You may find Tran-siberian a neat experience and a strange twist on christmas music.

Enobarbus 11-30-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20207)
Pastor Eno, are you saying you don't know Queen? they have songs that at least referance christ positively, as opposed to some of my other music.

You may find Tran-siberian a neat experience and a strange twist on christmas music.

I have just done a litte research and it has comfirmed my fears. One look at the picture of the members of this "band" makes it plain that they are sodomites.

You need to start listening to some decent Christian music, my friend. This Queen band will lead you straight to the Fires of Hell with other modern music. It is all of Satan, there can be no doubt about it.

neko-lear 11-30-2006 01:01 PM

wow, I thought you'd have a worse time with something like flogging molly than you would queen...

Pastor Ezekiel 11-30-2006 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20257)
wow, I thought you'd have a worse time with something like flogging molly than you would queen...

You seem to advocating some kind of homer self-gratification here boy. I hope you know that hellfire awaits those who spend their days choking their chicken....If you know what I mean.

Perhaps you need to try this new product, carried in plentiful supply at the LBC gift shoppe.:thumbsup:

neko-lear 11-30-2006 01:19 PM

...i don't see how that would really do anything. anyway, Flogging Molly is among the best Irish punk bands on the market, at least the worse thing they have against them is drinking

Pastor Ezekiel 11-30-2006 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20262)
...i don't see how that would really do anything. anyway, Flogging Molly is among the best Irish punk bands on the market, at least the worse thing they have against them is drinking

You are using obscene street slang not fit for True Christian™ children. Take a look at THIS and you'll see what I mean.

Please turn to Jesus before your tallywacker falls off.

Enobarbus 11-30-2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 20267)
You are using obscene street slang not fit for True Christian™ children. Take a look at THIS and you'll see what I mean.

Please turn to Jesus before your tallywacker falls off.

May the Good Lord protect and preserve us. Thank you Brother for alerting us to this evil. In my innocence I'm afraid that I thought this young man was taking about something wholesome like flogging a wife called Molly.

It shows how vigilant we must be. The dark one is full of trickery and can conceal himself in so many ways.

I hope this boy is simply misguided and not knowingly a minion of Satan come in an attempt to tear down our Godly boards. May God have mercy on his sad soul and bring him to the light of Jesus before he goes blind (or his tallywhacker falls off, or both).

Brother Temperance 11-30-2006 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20205)

Queen promoted both homerism and the worship of Satanic false idols; Flogging Molly mix unholy punk rock with Irishism, which in turn promotes drunkenness, Mary-worship, and terrorism. Why would you boast about associating yourself with such ungodly things?

neko-lear 11-30-2006 03:51 PM

http://www.floggingmolly.com/

Seriously you take everything a touch to seriously, just because I think the music is good doesn't mean I condone what the musicians do in their private lives.

Bobby-Joe 11-30-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20280)

Seriously you take everything a touch to seriously, just because I think the music is good doesn't mean I condone what the musicians do in their private lives.

Friend,

Music, like the arts, is a window to the musician’s soul. If the musician wallows in utter depravity how can their music be nothing more than utter filth, they very bleating of Satan's bowels?

Enobarbus 11-30-2006 08:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by neko-lear (Post 20280)

So you acknowledge that they live lives of depravity, licentiousness, and perversion?

This picture of one of the "group" and a young friend is all we need to know about them:

neko-lear 11-30-2006 08:04 PM

ah, but one groups opinion does not prove something right or wrong, I'm sure people like Maggot9872's opinion of you is negative, but that doesn't mean you're neccessarily bad, nor does someone like Sister Glendora saying something nice mean they like you.