The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Godly Politics (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   God Tells Pat Robertson (And ME) Who Will Win in November! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=6828)

Pastor Ezekiel 01-06-2008 12:32 AM

God Tells Pat Robertson (And ME) Who Will Win in November!

Praise Jesus!! Brother Pat Robertson and I shake our heads and laugh in horror at what may be happening. What a wonderful thing, to have such a personal relationship with the Lord, that He would bestow such vital information upon us (Pastor Robertson and I). Too bad for all of you, God made us promise not to tell until after the "election" is over in November. :taunt:

Quote:

Evangelist Mum on Who'll Win 2008 Race

Norfolk, Va. - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson said Wednesday that 2008 will be a year of violence worldwide and a recession in the United States, followed by a major stock-market crash by 2010.

Praying about events in the coming year and sharing what he believes God has told him is an annual tradition for Robertson, founder of the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord was saying that there's going to be violence and chaos in the world," Robertson said on his "700 Club" news-and-talk show.

"We've just begun to see what's going to happen, and the nations are going to be convulsed with violence," he said, citing as an example unrest in Pakistan after the death of former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.

Evangelism will increase because more people are going to be seeking God as the chaos develops, he said.

"We will see the presence of angels and we will see an intensification of miracles around the world, which I think is going to be a wonderful thing," he said.

He also predicted that there will be a recession, oil will reach $150 a barrel and the U.S. dollar will continue to fall. He added that there will be a major stock-market crash in 2009 or 2010.

Robertson's past predictions have included presidential politics; in 2004 he said God told him President Bush would be re-elected in a blowout. He declined Wednesday to say who will win the 2008 race, but He says that he knows.

"I'll just keep that to myself and look with horror at what may be happening," he said with a laugh. "I know, but God asked me to keep things quiet until November."

Robertson also noted that one especially horrible prediction he made last year - that a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in a mass killing in the United States - did not come to pass.

"All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us," Robertson said.
I wonder if any of my fellow True Christians™ might have been contacted by God and let in on some of these secrets. Glory!!

lilith 01-06-2008 02:08 AM

Re: God Tells Pat Robertson (And ME) Who Will Win in November!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 126157)
Praise Jesus!! Brother Pat Robertson and I shake our heads and laugh in horror at what may be happening. What a wonderful thing, to have such a personal relationship with the Lord, that He would bestow such vital information upon us (Pastor Robertson and I). Too bad for all of you, God made us promise not to tell until after the "election" is over in November. :taunt:

I wonder if any of my fellow True Christians™ might have been contacted by God and let in on some of these secrets. Glory!!

"Violence in the world,huh?"
So...nothing new there then.:innocent:

He expects people to actually believe that "he knows who'll win,but chooses not to say?"
Riiiight.:devil:

Seeker 01-06-2008 04:47 AM

Quote:

Robertson also noted that one especially horrible prediction he made last year - that a terrorist act, possibly involving a nuclear weapon, would result in a mass killing in the United States - did not come to pass.
"All I can think is that somehow the people of God prayed and God in his mercy spared us," Robertson said.
I love it, praise him. :thumbsup: This is what true Christianity is all about! Pat has never been wrong, ever! See what happens when 2 or 3 are gathered. Amen.

Ahimaaz Smith 01-22-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

God doesn't speak to me about Presidential politics (except, of course, to the extent he speaks with our glorious Pastors and they pass the message on). However, I did have a revelation that Alf Johnson will win the Republican nomination for dog-catcher in Freehold.

Seeing as how Brother Alf has won re-election to the post for he last 30 years, is widely acclaimed an excellent animal control officer, is endorsed by both the Freehold Truth and Light and the Landover Republican, is advised on strategy by Karl Rove, has a $700,000 campaign warchest, and is running unopposed, I see this as just one more proof that God exists and is watching developments on Earth closely.

And yes, I'm a Pat Robertson fan. Given what he said, it looks like we really need to turn up the intercessory prayers a notch.

Father Thomas Martin 01-23-2008 12:10 AM

Quote:

You said he was "Unsaved Trash" when he endorsed Guliani.

I hope he's seen the light and switched his choice!

Ahimaaz Smith 01-23-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 132662)
You said he was "Unsaved Trash" when he endorsed Guliani.

I have it on good authority that Pat Robertson only endorsed Giuliani so that he could preach the Word to the Jew/Catholic ex-mayor of NYC, and to torpedo the campaign if Guiliani refused to renounce sin. Given his strong stance on US security and lowering taxes, if Guiliani had recanted his adulterous, pro-gay, anti-choice, Catholic ways, he would have made a powerful candidate for the Lord, so it was worth a shot. Unfortunately, though, Rudy chose Baal over God, and now he is paying the price.

JennyD 01-23-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

"I'll just keep that to myself and look with horror at what may be happening," he said with a laugh. "I know, but God asked me to keep things quiet until November."
Why would he look with horror, unless it means . . . Billary Klingon, or Barack Osama, or Rudely Jewliani?! :fear2:

Pastor Ezekiel 01-23-2008 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyD (Post 132735)
Why would he look with horror, unless it means . . . Billary Klingon, or Barack Osama, or Rudely Jewliani?! :fear2:

I'm sorry :fear2: but we're not allowed :fear2: to discuss the details of :fear2: this information with anyone. :fear2:

Jesus made Pastor Robertson and I promise. :fear2::shutup:

Father Thomas Martin 01-23-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 132803)
I'm sorry :fear2: but we're not allowed :fear2: to discuss the details of :fear2: this information with anyone. :fear2:

Jesus made Pastor Robertson and I promise. :fear2::shutup:

I thought you were "Saved," and that meant you could do whatever you wanted and still go to heaven.

Deaner 01-23-2008 06:27 PM

Quote:

Why was this not the lead story on every newscast and every newspaper worldwide? A terrorist nuclear attack thwarted because of the power of prayer. The suppression of this amazing fact is just another example of the ongoing conspiracy to discredit True Christians. Why does everybody think we're a big joke?

Brother Temperance 01-23-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Thomas Martin (Post 132876)
I thought you were "Saved," and that meant you could do whatever you wanted and still go to heaven.

Yes, because all he wants to do is obey Jesus! If, like you, he wanted to interfere with little boys, then he would not be Truly Saved®!

Pastor Ezekiel 08-12-2008 06:28 AM

I can't wait for Election Day! :yahoo:

BRING IT ON!! :bb:

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 08-12-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 220570)
I can't wait for Election Day! :yahoo:

BRING IT ON!! :bb:

I wish I could share your joy, Brother. I do, however, have this nagging suspicion at the pit of my stomach that, come November, we may find that George W. Bush may no longer be America's (and God's) chosen to lead us into the new Millennium :( Granted he has given us his best years, spent countless hours presumably praying on his several months worth of vacations in Texas and doing his best to fight terrorism both abroad and right in our own Halls of Congress. Despite this, I feel that America will spit in his face and show him the door after 8 short years of prosperity. It is a truly saddening day when good shall be called evil (GWB) and evil shall be called good (B. Hussein Osama)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaiah 5:20
20Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

But I shall put on the armor of God and pray that the Lord protect us True Christians™ despite what may happen in November. Once we don't have a sleeper a vigilant Protector in the Oval Office, Lord knows what will happen to our government-funded abstinence-only education, faith-based initiatives and our lobbies for giant 15' crosses on all publicly owned-land:( Indeed it is a sad day for America.

Ahimaaz Smith 08-12-2008 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. (Post 220620)
I wish I could share your joy, Brother. I do, however, have this nagging suspicion at the pit of my stomach that, come November, we may find that George W. Bush may no longer be America's (and God's) chosen to lead us into the new Millennium

Don't be disheartened, Dr. Ville. Remember the Book of Judges--every time God sold the Israelites into slavery (well, technically, he only sold them into slavery twice in Judges, the other four times were a gift), he brought forth a champion to redeem their freedom.

I am sure that God will bring forth leaders to keep America strong, and Pastor Deacon Fred has given us a pretty good idea where we can find them:

Abu Obama 08-15-2008 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaner (Post 132885)
Why was this not the lead story on every newscast and every newspaper worldwide? A terrorist nuclear attack thwarted because of the power of prayer. The suppression of this amazing fact is just another example of the ongoing conspiracy to discredit True Christians. Why does everybody think we're a big joke?

Pat Robertson is one of our many enemies. His crusaders stopped us once by summoning their Jinn of Shaitan, but they will not stop us from destroying the Great Satan again!!!!

:camel:
http://www.fabiofeminofantascience.o...HBONESTELL.jpg

If Obama can wipe out all the security, this will be as easy as pie! Brother Obama 08'!

Fogbonnet 08-15-2008 12:35 PM

Who Will Win in November?

Should any Christian (or anyone else for that matter) seriously consider voting for this man? See and hear what Obama says (in his own words) about the Bible...
http://christianityundersiege.blogspot.com

Mister Brasil 08-15-2008 07:32 PM

Re: Who Will Win in November?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogbonnet (Post 221672)
Should any Christian (or anyone else for that matter) seriously consider voting for this man? See and hear what Obama says (in his own words) about the Bible...
http://christianityundersiege.blogspot.com

Thank you for that fascinating link. Hussein Obama's words have caused quite a ruckus over here at Landover.

To Hussein's sarcastic inquiry, "Which part of the Bible should we let guide our public policy?" the answer is: Every part of it! Obviously, he focuses on some of the least popular applications of Biblical law, and the suggestion that we should respond to terrorism with love betrays his Muslim education-- it's clear to any Christian with half a brain that President Bush has been divinely charged with the war in Iraq, and he should treat that nation as Joshua treated Jericho.

But Biblical law would be a God-send (pardon the pun) for this nation! Zero-tolerance for adolescent disrespect would put a quick end to gangs and most drug use. Zero-tolerance for sex out of wedlock would end our problems with abortion and poverty. And who amongst our overstretched military wouldn't be overjoyed at the thought of every Sunday off?

MattyB 08-16-2008 09:06 AM

How convenient, you can't say until after the election.

Pastor Ezekiel 08-16-2008 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattyB (Post 221987)
How convenient, you can't say until after the election.

Well, neither can you. :taunt:

Only I know now and you don't. :haha: