The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Hi there - I used to love singing hymns and praising my lord Jesus (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=76807)

imalombax 04-18-2012 02:54 PM

Hi there - I used to love singing hymns and praising my lord Jesus

Hello, I am new to this website. I have believed in Christ for years now and believe I should widen my knowledge with the lovely people here. I found Jesus when I was young and in primary school. I used to love singing hymns and praising my lord Jesus. I go to a church just up the hill from me in England. My favorite Bible verse is Reveltions 2:16: He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. Thankyou for reading!
Amen!

Redeemed Papist 04-18-2012 02:59 PM

Re: Hi there

Revelation 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

Seems to have lost something in translation there. God is a warrior, friend. Once He has resurrected the dead then killed and burned the worthless trash and we are with Him the hymns we sing to the counterpoint of their screams will be glorious.

Redeemed Papist 04-18-2012 03:02 PM

I think perhaps you meant this wondrous passage. Oh joy and glory! God lays it on the line to those sinners right there!

Revelation 21:5-8
5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

imalombax 04-18-2012 03:14 PM

Oh no sorry, I was typing too quick and put the : in too late it is 21:6. Just a typo. Sorry!

Redeemed Papist 04-18-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imalombax (Post 873206)
Oh no sorry, I was typing too quick and put the : in too late it is 21:6. Just a typo. Sorry!

No worries! It was clearly the Holy Spirit at work because it gave a chance to headline God's wrath as you no doubt intended.

WWJDnow 04-18-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imalombax (Post 873194)
Hello, I am new to this website. I have believed in Christ for years now and believe I should widen my knowledge with the lovely people here.

SHOUT GLORY!

Quote:

I used to love singing hymns and praising my lord Jesus.
I hope you still do, friend. What could possibly be more pleasurable than singing hymns and praising Jesus?

Welcome!

Rev. M. Rodimer 04-18-2012 11:46 PM

I know I can hardly wait to spend all of eternity singing hymns and praising Jesus for being Perfect!

And just think, we won't have to eat, or sleep, or drink, or go to the toilet, and we won't have g****als, so we won't have to be distracted from Jesus by anything! :yahoo:

Roberta 04-18-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imalombax (Post 873194)
I go to a church just up the hill from me in England.

Is that like in Scotchland?

Faith_Machine 04-20-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 873504)
I know I can hardly wait to spend all of eternity singing hymns and praising Jesus for being Perfect!

You and me both!