The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Myths about Atheism (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10732)

Unfalsifiable 04-24-2008 07:19 PM

Myths about Atheism

Atheists smugly think to themselves that they are the logical ones, they are the ones following "science". They believe their philosophy is the right one and can't understand why anyone would invest in anything else.

Let me tell you now, that belief is unfounded and philosophically stumped short. Atheism is the belief in no higher powers, why would someone believe that? Let me tell you: there appears to be no interaction from an intelligent higher being with the human race. That, my friends is what the reasons all boil down to in the end. NO, "science" is not a reason people turn Atheist, that is a reason they think they do, but if they do VIA that reason, they've done it wrong.

Science thus far has proved that the existence of the universe is unexplainable by science itself from the human perspective. We can simply not understand how something cannot come from nothing, yet something exists. What it does imply, however, is that something outside of the human perspective (comprehension) probably exists or existed or at the very least 'somethinged'. Of course, by DEFINITION, we don't know ANYTHING about this thing, apart from that IT PROBABLY was up to something. Considering this, WHY THEN do people say that there are no, and were no, and will never be any "higher divine beings"? Let me reiterate, we know NOTHING outside of our comprehension, apart from the fact that to solve the riddles that our own comprehension tosses up, we have to assume that someone this realm, if you will, holds some kind of answer.

Are you going to tell me that in that realm there is nothing divine? On what grounds? The stuff seems pretty divine to me just by definition. Of course, I happen to know that GOD was behind it all, but, just looking at it from a logical perspective, atheism is a wilkd unruly stab in the dark, when considering the huge scope of possibility this "realm" beyond our comprehension could hold.

6hundred&6sixty6six 04-24-2008 07:45 PM

Re: Myths about Atheism

Do you even realize that you yourself have fallen into the trap you accuse atheists of setting up? That nothing but the religion you believe in is correct?

SUV 04-24-2008 07:50 PM

Atheists are nothing but a Confederacy of Fatsos;
starved for the Word of God they gorge themselves on all other toothsome morsels to try to fill their gaping maws. Sickening :glare:

Bobby-Joe 04-24-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6hundred&6sixty6six (Post 176903)
Do you even realize that you yourself have fallen into the trap you accuse atheists of setting up? That nothing but the religion you believe in is correct?

No he hasn't. Your argument would be correct if he was only going on his own observations like an atheist does. However we Christians have The Bible, which gives us another observer to collaborate our views.

Unfalsifiable 04-24-2008 07:56 PM

Quote:

From an outsider's point of view, the Christian is in an equal philosophical and logical position to the atheist. The anti-theist, the person who marks theories about creation etc. etc. as improbable may stand a little more firmly, but he himself could never be called an atheist.

But the Christian doesn't need to worry about that, he has the Bible, the truth, the way. But to go back outside, look at it like this - The atheists belief, improbable and a blind stab in the dark, nothing gained by it. The religious person - a blind stab in the dark (to the outsider), a lot potentially gained by it, plus things gained like a moral objective viewpoint, certainty, etc.

I Is Bad 05-07-2008 01:20 PM

Quote:

I agree... :D
Everyone has a diffrent religion and others should force theirs on u so people will like u...and u so called christians call us scums well take a look @ yourselves >_<

Bobby-Joe 05-07-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JebusIsBad (Post 184138)
I agree... :D
Everyone has a diffrent religion and others should force theirs on u so people will like u...and u so called christians call us scums well take a look @ yourselves >_<

Freind,

We don't call you scum, after all we can not judge as The Bible commands. It's God who calls you worthless scum.

The Absurdist 05-07-2008 01:28 PM

Wow, God got a pretty crude language

thefinder7043 03-28-2012 01:34 PM

Now that we have been given examples of Argumentum ad nauseam and Circulus in demonstrando maybe we can see some other evidence showing Atheism is untrue.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 03-28-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefinder7043 (Post 864421)
Now that we have been given examples of Argumentum ad nauseam and Circulus in demonstrando maybe we can see some other evidence showing Atheism is untrue.

While you are here you will use the same language God uses: United States English. If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me :thumbsup:

thefinder7043 03-28-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. (Post 864431)
While you are here you will use the same language God uses: United States English. If it's good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me :thumbsup:

I will.

herbertLovesGod 03-28-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Ohhhhhh LORD! Please allow me temperance when I find sinners reusing "big words" from their intro thread.

Servant Herbert.

Bobby-Joe 03-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Friend, I do that right here

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...033#post609033

thefinder7043 03-28-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 864465)

Hello Bobby-Joe. Thank you for the link. I greatly appreciate it.

Redeemed Papist 03-28-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

So you want us to do something logically impossible?

Look, the Bible is true. Atheists disagree. End of discussion.

SeraphSalvation 04-19-2012 03:45 AM

Science does not study the Divine, and thus has nothing to say about it. Never can science disprove God's glory, it doesn't attempt to. It is the study of God's creation, not of God.

Zechariah Smyth 04-19-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeraphSalvation (Post 873594)
Science does not study the Divine, and thus has nothing to say about it. Never can science disprove God's glory, it doesn't attempt to. It is the study of God's creation, not of God.

Secular scientists worship false gods like Darwin and Dawkins, and feverishly work to make bestiality and forced abortions the law of the land.

I hate the way they try to force their twisted beliefs on persecuted Christians.

:badmood:

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

SeraphSalvation 04-19-2012 05:07 AM

No, that is the politicians and bureaucrats. The true agents of Satan. The true scientists, not the armchair scientists, simply study, observe and try to understand God's Creation. The politicians are the one who decides what happens with the results. Any other false scientist is simply a politician in disguise.

Bobby-Joe 04-19-2012 05:37 AM

Quote:

Which is mighty convenient, don't you think friend? If science never studies our ineffable God it will never understand our ineffable God.

Billy Bob Jenkins 04-19-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

When science claims that the universe is billions of years old, it is contradicting the Bible, which says the universe is a little more than 6,000 years old. Science is a vast conspiracy of liars attempting to disprove the Bible, motivated by the hatred of Jesus.