The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   what to place in your child's stockings this year!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=54032)

despising david 11-13-2010 06:53 AM

what to place in your child's stockings this year!!!

As we all know satan is pushing sugar plumbs and candy and other devices down our childrens stockings for them to be distracted from God. However there is one gift that keeps on giving for eternity! SLIPS!!!!!
Especially great for that child who's just learning to read, Slips not only can give the kid's a great fun time but they can start to learn to fear God at the same time they learn to read!! If you have not seen one before here are a few examples of the good times that await your child!
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xDOdRgQsrXU/S5...Vo/0007_13.gif

Here is one for a new age of love!!!
http://www.faith.org.uk/Shop/Priest-and-his-loving.jpg

and one that especially brings home the bacon!!!
http://images.gnpcb.org/products/663575727194.jpg

I am giddy with joy waiting for Jesus's birthday to give these to my nephews!

Brother Harold Porter 11-13-2010 08:22 PM

Re: what to place in your child's stockings this year!!!

3 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking of one of these personal computer video games for the grandkids to share. Leaning toward "Truth Seekers: Battle Against The Lies" as the most educational for the youngsters. But hard to pass up the "Bible Champions" series too. I'll pray on which one to buy on the world wide web.

Attachment 14238

Attachment 14241

Attachment 14240

Bible Master 11-13-2010 08:54 PM

Children should become ... nothing!

Presents are only for buisness partners, or other people outside the family. Never give your wife a present!

Proverbs 17:8

8A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.

SheepOfGod 11-16-2010 03:33 AM

I don't have any kids but I have some close friends with kids and I am gonna put one of these in each one of the little ones stockings. :kjv1611:

despising david 11-16-2010 03:38 AM

That's a plus!! I would just be worried about the stocking's ability to hold the weight of the greatness of a KJV 1611, I think you should wake the children up by beating them with their new bibles!! In addition to being a good introduction to the beginning of loving Christ they wouldn't mistake who gave them the gift with satan Clause

James Hutchins 11-16-2010 11:01 AM

Well, I am a softie and I do love to spoil my kids.

As soon as a child is one year old, they get a plastic coated KJV Bible.
After that, the boys get guns or dirt bikes, the girls, vacuums or brooms.
When the boys reach 15, they get their first car, always a fixer-uper, like a '78 Porsche whale tail (that is little Esiah's present this year - shhhh) or some other oldie but goodie. I'll never forget little James Jr. (little, he is 37 now) , we got him an old all alloy Speedster. Many a fun night was spent in the shop boring and stroking.
The girls get ironing boards and floor buffers.

Annie1 11-16-2010 11:24 AM

For young boys I'd suggest carpentry tools. Hammers, chisels, screwdrivers - that sort of thing so they can be a carpenter just like Jesus :)

For young girls something practical, maybe their first dishrag just like mama's or their first piece of cast iron cookware. I've been collecting cast iron cookware since I was about 9 or 10. This year I'm hoping to get a dutch oven *fingers crossed*.

Oakland "Reb" Griner 11-16-2010 03:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am probably getting a little soft as I get older, but I do put some dollies in my nieces stockings for Christmas.

SayvedByTheLord 11-16-2010 08:31 PM

Brother Griner these are indeed works of art. I sure hope the little ones appreciate the craftsmanship. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oakland "Reb" Griner (Post 638057)
I am probably getting a little soft as I get older, but I do put some dollies in my nieces stockings for Christmas.

Phebe Carlyle 11-16-2010 09:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I know that my nieces and nephews will be getting nothing from me in their stockings! God has already given enough and given all they will EVERY truly need and that is JESUS!! :loveshower:

So rather than giving them materialistic nonsense, I will sit them all down and do a lovely relevant Bible Study, explaining the prophecies of both Daniel and Isaiah of the coming of The Lord and show them just how accurate God's word is ,by cross referencing these vital Old Testament scriptures with the Books of Matthew, John and Luke.:thumbsup: Then, if they have been good and listened, I may give each of them Chick Tracts;one of my favorites being :The Word Became Flesh"

Here are just a few from it as I don't want to spoil the full surprise :giggle:

YIC

Sister Phebe.

Annie1 11-16-2010 09:19 PM

Chick Tracts are really good for any occasion :thumbsup:

DeadMan89 11-17-2010 12:18 AM

you could always get them a jesus action figure. they do actually have those, as well as moses.

darkdonkey 11-17-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadMan89 (Post 638326)
you could always get them a jesus action figure. they do actually have those, as well as moses.

I like this a lot.

James Dewitt 11-17-2010 05:35 AM

I am not sure that Jesus would want any of us to give gifts, after all Jesus is the reason for the season. Did Jesus ask from us anything more than our love?

Brother Harold Porter 11-17-2010 09:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Dr. Kent Hovind's ministry has a great selection of gifts for the tots!

This looks like Godly fun for the youngsters.

Attachment 14294

Or one of these fun T-shirts?

Attachment 14295

Attachment 14296

In Christ

Annie1 11-19-2010 11:52 AM

A doll is okay, especially baby dolls for little girls because it teaches them how to be good mommies. Barbie dolls have been created by the secular satanists to turn little girls into harlots though, you should NEVER get these dolls for your daughters.

Toy cars for little boys are okay too but they are not the most creative things in the world. A nice Bible based game or chick tracts show that you've put more thought into it than just getting a toy car from the dollar store at the last minute.

despising david 11-24-2010 04:33 AM

I always used to get oranges in my stockings from my grandma, is there a specific reason for this or did she just really like to give oranges as christmas presents?

BelieverInGod 11-24-2010 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by despising david (Post 642831)
I always used to get oranges in my stockings from my grandma, is there a specific reason for this or did she just really like to give oranges as christmas presents?

I think it's just a hold over from the days before modern storage and shipping. Christmas was when the oranges were available, so they were a wonderful winter treat.

Personally I think I'm going to order some books from Answers in Genesis.. I think little Matthew is going to be a Creation Scientist when he grows up. I'm still concerned about Seth Jr. though.

despising david 11-25-2010 04:38 PM

You could always encourage him to be a carpenter! Start him while he's young and make him fix light switches and other easy to do things of that nature!

Johannes Kirkeholm 11-25-2010 06:34 PM

I will never forget the morning where I as a five year old boy learned about the horrors of abortion by finding a fetus in my christmas stocking. It was one of the most valuable lessons of my life!

I will highly recommend putting a fetus in your children's stockings to any True Christian™ parents. It is never to early to learn your children about how terrible abortion is:thumbsup: