The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Who are the Moabites and Ammonites now? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=42005)

repented harlot70 04-26-2010 06:21 PM

Who are the Moabites and Ammonites now?

In Genesis 19 it talks of the daughters of Lot being impregnated by him after they got him drunk on wine. I have two questions--

1)Was their seed cursed that they may not ever have salvation?

2)Who are the descendents now?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 04-26-2010 06:30 PM

Re: Who are the Moabites and Ammonites now?

Genesis 19-21 is day 7 of our Bible-in-a-year program. Brother V tells us:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V
God is merciful to Lot and his daughters:

16 And while he lingered, the men laid hold upon his hand, and upon the hand of his wife, and upon the hand of his two daughters; the LORD being merciful unto him: and they brought him forth, and set him without the city.

(for a discussion of mercy read here)

repented harlot70 04-26-2010 06:38 PM

I was going on Deuteronomy 23:3

An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the LORD for ever:

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 04-26-2010 06:56 PM

God hates a lot of nationalities for a lot of reasons, but being inbred has never been one of those reasons. He probably just hated them for failing to be His Chosen People.

Every time someone talks about Moabites I think of the M.O.A.B.: Massive Ordinance Air Burst:

http://bluenucleus.i.ph/photo/d/223-...ombs_thumb.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...6/MOABtest.jpg
:lex_12:http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...HU1Ge/340x.jpg:lex_12::ph34r:

Levi Jones 04-26-2010 07:06 PM

If you look in 1 Kings 14:21-31, you can see that Solomon's heir is half Ammonite. He did a lot of wrong in the eyes of the LORD. So much that the Egyptians sacked Jerusalem.

In Deuteronmy 2, God warns the Children of Israel not to disturb them.

Dirtscooter 10-28-2010 09:15 PM

I think I know what they look like, one or the other or both, not sure.... and I could be wrong completely, But I doubt that I'm way off, unless I misfigure Prov 20.11 (and I do believe that the word of God has many levels beyond our present understanding)

I haven't worked out the mathematical ratio in all these years I've researched it, but I think I know what they look like..

According to my theory, basically two measurements are involved.

First: The distance between the bottom of the chin and the hairline above the forehead whether bald or not, there is a line where the type of skin changes..

Second: The distance from temple to temple, the imaginary line even with the center of the eye line.

When compared, the first measurement is unnaturally longer than the second... Anyone else here interested in the long term study of biblical genealogy?

If so have you noticed this?

Cynthia 08-12-2012 12:39 AM

The Moabites are the Chinese people.The Ammonites are the Japanese people as you know these poeple have been in the earth for dynasties, and are still here today just as the children of Isreal are here.

The Jebusites are the Yoruba people in Nigiera today (perhaps they changed their name to hide their true identity) and the Housa people(live in the North of Nigiera changed their name also) are the Hivites they are brothers and Canaan(Ham is the father of Canaan) is the father of Jebusites and the Hivites-read Gen 10:15-19
15 And Canaan begat Sidon his first born, and Heth,
16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.

The Canaanites are the children of Ham such as Buckingham, Cunningham, Nottingham, etc. After the flood Ham, Shem and Japhet replenished the earth with people and we all came through one of these 3 men

Pastor Ezekiel 08-12-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyntajah (Post 917466)
The Moabites are the Chinese people.The Ammonites are the Japanese people as you know these poeple have been in the earth for dynasties, and are still here today just as the children of Isreal are here.

The Jebusites are the Yoruba people in Nigiera today (perhaps they changed their name to hide their true identity) and the Housa people(live in the North of Nigiera changed their name also) are the Hivites they are brothers and Canaan(Ham is the father of Canaan) is the father of Jebusites and the Hivites-read Gen 10:15-19
15 And Canaan begat Sidon his first born, and Heth,
16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite,
17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite,
18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad.
19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha.

The Canaanites are the children of Ham such as Buckingham, Cunningham, Nottingham, etc. After the flood Ham, Shem and Japhet replenished the earth with people and we all came through one of these 3 men

You might be interested in THIS thread, that offers a detailed biblical explanation of the origin of the races.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

LaQrundrellia 08-17-2012 08:21 PM

Probably niggas.

We Pre-Adamic, and no good can come of us.

Bobby-Joe 08-17-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaQrundrellia (Post 919812)
Probably niggas.

We Pre-Adamic, and no good can come of us.

For the public schooled, Moab and Ammon were two kingdoms in King David's time located in what is modern day Jordon

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...el_830_map.svg

So back off to your paste eating and safety scissors.

Makarii 08-31-2012 02:02 AM

They are American cults that dress in all black cloths and not believe in automobiles.

Deaner 08-31-2012 02:10 AM

Well poke me in the eyes; I thought they were both with the Falcons.

Deaner 08-31-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makarii (Post 924833)
They are American cults that dress in all black cloths and not believe in automobiles.

Wrong. Those are called dicks.

Bobby-Joe 09-05-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makarii (Post 924833)

You talking about the Oakland Raiders?

MitzaLizalor 02-09-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 515786)
If you look in 1 Kings 14:21-31, you can see that Solomon's heir is half Ammonite. He did a lot of wrong in the eyes of the LORD. So much that the Egyptians sacked Jerusalem.

In Deuteronmy 2, God warns the Children of Israel not to disturb them.

Thank you for that information.

I am worried however about how many people lived in the Lot home.
GENESIS 19
And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.
14 And Lot went out, and spake unto his sons in law, which married his daughters, and said, Up, get you out of this place; for the LORD will destroy this city. But he seemed as one that mocked unto his sons in law.
KJV
Are these the pouncing daughters from the cave? Or were those two the virgin daughters offered to the savages of Sodom? That would make 4 daughters wouldn't it.

And why was Lot afraid to live in Zoar, which the angels specified as a safe haven. Am I missing something here?

Mother Of Seven 02-09-2014 12:31 PM

Ruth was a Moabite who married Boaz and they begat Obed. Obed begat Jesse and Jesse begat David (Ruth 4:17). So she was the great grandmother of David. She is thus the ancestor of Joseph the carpenter who married Jesus' mother, Mary.

Alvin Moss 02-09-2014 02:17 PM

Aparently, the Moabites have moved over to Utah to live among the unsaved Mormans, where they have reestablished their kingdom and have named it Moab, as they did before.

MitzaLizalor 02-09-2014 10:10 PM

:unsure: So does that mean Jesus was not the product of incest..?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1063393)
Ruth was a Moabite who married Boaz and they begat Obed. Obed begat Jesse and Jesse begat David (Ruth 4:17). So she was the great grandmother of David. She is thus the ancestor of Joseph the carpenter who married Jesus' mother, Mary.

I'm getting very confused now. Those sons-in-law, they thought Lot was mocking (like those fools who thought Noah had gone mad). Therefore I suppose the sons-in-law were well into it which would suggest their wives, Lot's daughters, were similarly envenomed prancing around in fancy dress among the sodomites which would be rather disappointing for them and no matter how much fluoro lycra they put on—or removed—or.. or..

:helpsmilie:

Mother Of Seven 02-09-2014 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1063481)
:unsure: So does that mean Jesus was not the product of incest..?

Of course not! Joseph was not related to Jesus. He was sort of his adopted father, but not blood related.

MitzaLizalor 02-10-2014 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1063483)
Of course not! Joseph was not related to Jesus. He was sort of his adopted father, but not blood related.

So was it Mary who was of the line and lineage of David?

Psalm 91:1-4b He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust:
KJV .. look up , whole psalm

Then I read:

Luke 1:28a And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee:
31-35behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end. Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
KJV .. look up , whole passage

..which made me start thinking about another Psalm concerning shadows because yesterday I was walking past the railway station, that is to say I was about to start walking when an eagle plonked itself down in a tree there was an awful lot of flapping and stuff I think it must've got stuck or something but the point is that it was blocking out the sun, so I was in the shadow of its wings. That reminded me of Leda and the swan and I started to feel sick: it was quite sunny; I'd been standing there for about an hour.

Now W. B. Yeats is a complete reprobate as we know, promoting—like so many poets—the depravity inherent in every non-Christian heart. And since he does promote depravity, we know that he is not a Christian.

A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed
By the dark webs, her nape caught in his bill,
He holds her helpless breast upon his breast.

How can those terrified vague fingers push
The feathered glory from her loosening thighs?
And how can body, laid in that white rush,
But feel the strange heart beating where it lies?

A shudder in the loins engenders there
The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
And Agamemnon dead.
Being so caught up,
So mastered by the brute blood of the air,
Did she put on his knowledge with his power
Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?

Like just how ridiculous do these crazies think we are?
And this is supposed to explain Castor and Pollux & the pope's eggshell hat?
Give us a break, there wasn't any Leda and she never obsessed over any swan, as we know because Mount Olympus is empty and bleak with nary a Zeus to be seen.

So, I returned to the inerrant Word Of God. To Psalms, a lovely book, many of them written by that very David. Hallelujah!

Psalm 63:6-7 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
KJV .. look up , whole psalm

Jesus, then, has no taint of Moab? That is reassuring. I'm glad I wasn't indoctrinated into garbled & nonsensical pagan cultic traditions with all the orgiastic customs exemplified in Gomorrah from which both just Lot II Peter 2:7 and obedient Abraham Hebrews 11:8 were delivered. Just think of the consequences if God had not warned them what He was about to do! No King David, no Solomon, no exemplar for Jesus. But God is merciful and in His Lovingkindness He did spare Lot even as those wretches and their wretched children and their despicable babies were blasted into the lower parts of the earth.