The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512)

Danish Crusader 09-02-2014 06:07 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with science

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1108673)
Of course butter comes from milk. Did you think the milkmaid squeezes the cow's teat in a different way to squirt out a stick of butter?

Well the lord works in mysterious ways, so why not? ;)

So you guys believe that God "designed" all things?

Zechariah Smyth 09-02-2014 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danish Crusader (Post 1108676)
Well the lord works in mysterious ways, so why not? ;)

What do you believe? That some tiny bundle of something-something exploded a billion years ago and somehow became everything in a matter of seconds?

:wacko:

And you try to tell US the dangers of blind faith!

:lol:

Attila's Wife 09-02-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1108672)
Det var ikke for vanskeligt, was it?*

*That's the Daniac language for 'that was not too difficult after all, var det?' I'm a bit witty today, aren't I.:innocent:

I had completely lost track of what this person was talking about, he seems so confused. Now I realize that it really doesn't matter. :lol:

Thank you for cheering me up, Brother Dr. Professor. I always enjoy your made-up languages.

Didymus Much 09-02-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attila's Wife (Post 1108686)
...Thank you for cheering me up, Brother Dr. Professor. I always enjoy your made-up languages.

Next, he'll be trying to convince you that there really is a place called "Belgium". :lol:

Mary Etheldreda 09-02-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1108681)
What do you believe? That some tiny bundle of something-something exploded a billion years ago and somehow became everything in a matter of seconds?

:wacko:

And you try to tell US the dangers of blind faith!

:lol:

Brother, I've listed to their High Priests, like Christopher Hitch 'em up, and Richard Dullkins, and Tim I Need A Haircut Minchins, and they sit around and congratulate themselves for duping each other into believing that first there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing, and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, creating everything, and then a bunch of everything magically rearranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs. They then have the audacity to take this on faith, ignoring all evidence to the contrary, and demand proof of God!

Pastor Ezekiel 09-03-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danish Crusader (Post 1108676)

Well it sure as hell wasn't Ikea, you godless eskimo. :rtfm:

Quote:

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

alberto.enchapala 07-24-2015 07:04 PM

I'm scared.
I'm very scared about this website, and all the people who wrote in it.
For they to think they use "science" to prove God, it's really no big deal.
But they seem to be a bunch.
And that's the dangerous part.
That's what's happening right now with ISIS.
If some Rv. or the pope tell you to kill anyone who thinks different than you, will you do it?
I think you are a shame to Christ's teachings.

Dr Laurence Niles 07-24-2015 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoSan (Post 1152996)
I'm scared.
I'm very scared about this website, and all the people who wrote in it.
For they to think they use "science" to prove God, it's really no big deal.
But they seem to be a bunch.
And that's the dangerous part.
That's what's happening right now with ISIS.
If some Rv. or the pope tell you to kill anyone who thinks different than you, will you do it?
I think you are a shame to Christ's teachings.

What a terrible thing to say. Why do you atheists constantly ride rough shod over our most cherished beliefs?

Christians are persecuted enough without us being hunted down on our own piece of the Inter Nets by haters like you.

Matthew 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 10:22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Luke 21:17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
1 Corinthians 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:Luke 6:22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

YIC

Didymus Much 07-24-2015 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BetoSan (Post 1152996)
...I think you are a shame to Christ's teachings.

Then you should read the Bible, and see what Jesus really said, before you go trying to correct people who have been studying this stuff for the better part of their lives.

Seriously, do it. It's shorter than Harry Potter, and I'm sure you've read that. 66 books, read two a day, couple of hours, tops (some are really short), and you'll be done in little more than a month. :thumbsup:

djunicorn 07-04-2017 05:39 AM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien

I'd like to point out here that the water in the earth is not just single-use, it actually goes in a cycle, around and around. Otherwise, even to last just 6 thousand years, the oceans would need to be hundreds of meters than they are today(which would mean that there would be almost no land to live on, aside from mountains), and all the wastewater would need to be magically removed.

All that you need to get away from these problems is a quick, 30 second google. Let me do that: ***Highly suspicious pro-evolutionary (i.e., sodomy-related link) removed by the JesOS malware application***

djunicorn 07-04-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wait_what (Post 745381)
You are wrong. In Science if something is universal, irrefutable, and 100% proven, it is called a law. Darwin's theory is not Darwin's law of evolution.

He wasn't some random guy; He is God.

The logic is there in your own secular science laws.

According to the First LAW of Thermodynamics, matter and energy cannot be created nor destroyed. Well then, how is it that I keep getting a fresh gallon of water every day while I live in the high desert? Simple, God gives it to me.

No, the water cycle does.

I think you missunderstand about "theories" vs "laws" in a scientific context. In colloquial language, your argument makes sense, however in a scientific one it does not.

The 1st law of thermodynamics is a law because it Will always happen.

Anyone with rational thinking and Google can know with complete certainty that evolution Did happen, however there is no law that it had to.

-------------------
don't shout louder, get a better argument

Elmer G. White 07-04-2017 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djunicorn (Post 1216261)

I think you missunderstand about "theories" vs "laws" in a scientific context. In colloquial language, your argument makes sense, however in a scientific one it does not.

Anyone with rational thinking and Google can know with complete certainty that evolution Did happen, however there is no law that it had to.

-------------------

Dear Judicorn,

The only waters you should care for are the Living Waters of Jesus Christ!

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

Anyone with rational thinking is distasteful to God. In fact, he hates rational thinking. The whole concept of His Creation is beyond rationality and all attempts to explain it with the Google are doomed to fail, for example, your attempt above. God only wants your Fear and Obedience (Ecclesiastes 12:13). That's not too much to ask, is it, when the reward is Eternal Existence in Bliss in Heaven!

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Mary Etheldreda 07-04-2017 03:34 PM

Quote:

-------------------

So a scientific theory, according to you, is anything that WILL always happen?

Please do tell us when evolution will stop happening, according to your liberal seminaries (universities).

handmaiden 07-04-2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Anyone with rational thinking and Google can know with complete certainty that . . .

Anyone with [fill in the blank] and Google can know with complete certainty that. . .[fill in the blank, again].

Google is not the be all and end all of information, learning and wisdom.

Sit a dozen people down in front of a computer with access to Google and give them a problem. You won't just get 12 different solutions, you'll get at least 12 different problems.

If Google is your God, then you would do better with the Bible.