The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47186)

librarian 01-25-2012 11:00 PM

Re: Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor!

I like it how people here are ignoring comments, especially ones that are riddled with Bible texts if they are posted by non-longtime members of this forum.

Brother Percy, i also learned humility when I have read 1 Samuel 2:8. I hope you enjoy the same lesson I have learned.

Bobby-Joe 01-25-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841686)
I like it how people here are ignoring comments, especially ones that are riddled with Bible texts if they are posted by non-longtime members of this forum.

Brother Percy, i also learned humility when I have read 1 Samuel 2:8. I hope you enjoy the same lesson I have learned.

Friend,

You are confusing the issue here. Yes, compassion should be shown to the poor. Just we TRUE Christians™ know the best way to help the poor is teach them to ask for jobs and not welfare checks. Some times it takes tough love to deliver these messages. We want the poor to self-deport themselves from poverty.

The question this thread raises is about the greedy poor? Those poor people who want to steal the food from the table of hard working American executives. The poor who think they should be given welfare, foodstamps, unemployment, health care and steaks because they live in this great country and that CEO trashed the company they work for. That friend is just theft.

We both agree theft is wrong friend?

librarian 01-25-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 841696)
Friend,

You are confusing the issue here. Yes, compassion should be shown to the poor. Just we TRUE Christians™ know the best way to help the poor is teach them to ask for jobs and not welfare checks. Some times it takes tough love to deliver these messages. We want the poor to self-deport themselves from poverty.

The question this thread raises is about the greedy poor? Those poor people who want to steal the food from the table of hard working American executives. The poor who think they should be given welfare, foodstamps, unemployment, health care and steaks because they live in this great country and that CEO trashed the company they work for. That friend is just theft.

We both agree theft is wrong friend?

We know all too well about the topic of this thread and I agree with you.

I do understand that there are poor people that are simply lazy and are sinners. But, not all poor are sinners and not all of them are lazy. But the hate and generalization of all the poor I have witnessed in this thread is simply against the Bible, as shown in those verses I have mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lee (Post 566948)
Poverty, on the other hand, indicates God's displeasure. You yourself, for example, are poor, aren't you? --as if I need to ask.

According to the bible verses I have found out, this is not true. God even helps them out by helpful laws. And would they be present among princes if God is displeased on them (1 Samuel 2:8).

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 567265)
The poor are the most vile beings on God's earth. They're vermin.

Poverty is not the lack of anything, but a positive plague, virulent in itself, contagious as cholera, with filth, criminality, vice and despair as only a few of its symptoms. It is to be stayed away from, even for purposes of study. It is to be shunned.

The bible verses I have mentioned shows that the poor should be pitied upon and they need help, not shunned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 634924)
Because first, who are we to judge them? God will starve the scum to death in a slow and horrible way on His time. Second, the moral example the poor provide. No one would be virtuous if there was no penalty for being immoral. If all the poor were gassed and killed everyone would forget how disgusting a poor person really is and they would go right off sinning again. No, only by stepping over the body of a bum slowly dying in a filth filled gutter can a virtuousness man know he is one of the good.

According to 1 Samuel 2:8, this is not true. And no virtuous man should just step over a dying man (the parable of the good samaritan).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 841611)
It doesn't mean, "All poor people go to Heaven"!

Taking in account 1 Samuel 2:8 and taking it word per word and not reading into the verse, literal application should include every poor people as no exclusions was mentioned. But then again, we need to read into it and cross reference it with other bible texts, therefore we can say that sinners whether poor or rich are not found in the kingdom of God.

Again, 1 Samuel 2:8 shows that the poor and rich are equal in front of God as He set them on thrones among princes.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-26-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841703)
Again, 1 Samuel 2:8 shows that the poor and rich are equal in front of God as He set them on thrones among princes.

You obviously lack Christian Discernment. That verse refers to those who are Saved©, not some random lazy hobos.

God doesn't love everyone. Just potentially.

librarian 01-26-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 841719)
You obviously lack Christian Discernment. That verse refers to those who are Saved©, not some random lazy hobos.

God doesn't love everyone. Just potentially.

I believe I have answered this by the following in my post, second paragraph to the last.
Quote:

we can say that sinners whether poor or rich, are not found in the kingdom of God
The qouted message is in relation to my post about who is in the Kingdom of God.

And I believe I also mentioned my agreement that the poor who are simply lazy and sinners are not saved. Nowhere did I mention random hobos especially lazy ones that are saved.
The whole point of my posts are about the generalization(both sinners and non-sinners) and the hate centered towards the poor, which is in contempt of the scriptures I have posted earlier.

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841670)
Anothe bible verse I found while reading the Proverbs 14:31,
This, I believe is in a complete disagreement on the emotions voiced earlier in this forum. Again, if I am mistaken, feel free to correct me.

Yes friend, you are quite mistaken. But I forgive you. I am a True Christian™ after all.:innocent:

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841725)
I believe I have answered this by the following in my post, second paragraph to the last.

The qouted message is in relation to my post about who is in the Kingdom of God.

And I believe I also mentioned my agreement that the poor who are simply lazy and sinners are not saved. Nowhere did I mention random hobos especially lazy ones that are saved.
The whole point of my posts are about the generalization(both sinners and non-sinners) and the hate centered towards the poor, which is in contempt of the scriptures I have posted earlier.

Friend, if you follow God, live by His Word, you have the slightest chance of being Saved©. There are no guarantees in the Bible, just what you must do.:thumbsup:
Poor people do not try hard. That is why they are poor. I work six days a week, 16 hours a day, every day since I was a child. My field workers work just 12 hours a day, six days a week. The lesson here is you must put out the effort if you want the just rewards that God will provide the righteous.:innocent:

librarian 01-26-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841728)
Yes friend, you are quite mistaken. But I forgive you. I am a True Christian™ after all.:innocent:

Thank and please make me understand as to what is my mistake. And help me understand what does that text really mean and if it does not really contradict with the emotions voiced in here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841730)
Friend, if you follow God, live by His Word, you have the slightest chance of being Saved©. There are no guarantees in the Bible, just what you must do.:thumbsup:
Poor people do not try hard. That is why they are poor. I work six days a week, 16 hours a day, every day since I was a child. My field workers work just 12 hours a day, six days a week. The lesson here is you must put out the effort if you want the just rewards that God will provide the righteous.:innocent:

Thank you for the lesson but as I know by experience, an honest days work gets you an honest day's pay. I also agree with you that there is no absolute guarantee in the bible. But those are beside my point.
As I have repeated again and again, my point is that this forum generalized all poor people into lazy and sinners and hated by God for being poor and such generalization and hate comments about them are against the scriptures I quoted.
I had to disagree with you on the note that poor people do not try hard. Some poor families juggle 2-4 jobs and still at loss how to make thing meet. Perhaps they did not have the chance for any sort of education, but they follow God's word. According to the generalization of this thread, since they are poor, they are vermin and will not receive God's favor.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-26-2012 01:51 AM

If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841734)
Thank and please make me understand as to what is my mistake. And help me understand what does that text really mean and if it does not really contradict with the emotions voiced in here?

Thank you for the lesson but as I know by experience, an honest days work gets you an honest day's pay. I also agree with you that there is no absolute guarantee in the bible. But those are beside my point.
As I have repeated again and again, my point is that this forum generalized all poor people into lazy and sinners and hated by God for being poor and such generalization and hate comments about them are against the scriptures I quoted.
I had to disagree with you on the note that poor people do not try hard. Some poor families juggle 2-4 jobs and still at loss how to make thing meet. Perhaps they did not have the chance for any sort of education, but they follow God's word. According to the generalization of this thread, since they are poor, they are vermin and will not receive God's favor.

You honestly think poor people work a lick when they are not being watched? I have over 200 people who live and work on my plantation. My family cannot watch all of them and every time my back is turned, they are standing around, drinking my water, taking a break. I play the daily services every Sunday through the PA at the workers compound for free to help those heathens turn their souls over to God. When I reprimand them, I always quote from the KJV Bible. If they did not fritter the good money I pay them away on movies and expensive gifts at the Plantation store, they could invest in stocks and various businesses like I did and make something of themselves. Instead, every week, they sign a chit to borrow against next weeks wages. I do everything a man can do for these ungrateful creatures. I resent your insinuations!