The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75865)

BelieverInGod 03-29-2013 06:23 AM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GAY AND SINFUL (Post 990521)
You beat your wives becuase they add too much starch? oh my piffleing god, you guys are bigger assholes than i thought

Look, none of the women here are interested in you. And I'm pretty sure with the uncontrolled emotions that you show, you'd be an abuser. I have found, in my experience, most abusers are pretty much adults with the mentality of 2-year-olds.

And there is a huge difference between correction and abuse. Maybe before you tackle the Bible, you should attempt a dictionary.

wotheactualwot 12-02-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Creeser (Post 862128)
Friends,

We all know the only reason God will allow a divorce is if adultery is committed, there is NO other reason.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Well one such Godly Republican has been reading his King James version of the Bible too!!:thumbsup:

Source

Look, a True Christian™ husband doesn't just smack his wife around for no reason, that would be wrong:nonono:. The only reason we physically punish our wives is because they did something incredibly stupid (burned the pie, used too much starch, accidentally flashed an ankle, etc). As with any sub-intelligent species, they need a physical reminder in order for it to truly sink in (unlike a male who just needs to be told once). I do the same thing with my dog.

So ladies, next time you are enduring your husbands blows, remember the things you love about your husband (think positive) and the reasons you two fell in love.:wub::thumbsup:

God bless you Representative Don Pridemore!! A True Christian Republican™ standing up for traditional Christian marital values:innocent:

So you beat the shit out of your dog to train him/her?

Say hi to the RSPCA.

Dr Laurence Niles 12-02-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wotheactualwot (Post 1045039)
So you beat the shit out of your dog to train him/her?

Say hi to the RSPCA.

Did you miss the part where Brother Creeser states that he does not 'beat the shit out of his dog', as you so crudely put it: he is teaching it not to pee inside the house?

Or do you think it is okay for a wife to hitch her skirt and urinate on the floor? Just what goes through you atheist's heads?

YIC

Mark L. Snyde, PhD 12-02-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1045046)
Did you miss the part where Brother Creeser states that he does not 'beat the shit out of his dog', as you so crudely put it: he is teaching it not to pee inside the house?

Or do you think it is okay for a wife to hitch her skirt and urinate on the floor? Just what goes through you atheist's heads?

YIC

It seems very few either Unsaved Trash take the time to actually read and understand threads, or reading comprehension is virtually non-existent in the Godless. :(

lydiaa 12-21-2013 10:58 PM

If the bible preaches to not only accept but embrace violence in the name if The Lord, then there's no surprise that all of yous are so messed up. If I ever get married and my husband hits me, I would not stand it. I would hit him back and leave him. No women should be a slave to their husband, and Christians should not encourage or promote domestic abuse In the name of god. It's sick.

Basilissa 12-21-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lydiaa (Post 1049859)
If the bible preaches to not only accept but embrace violence in the name if The Lord, then there's no surprise that all of yous are so messed up. If I ever get married and my husband hits me, I would not stand it. I would hit him back and leave him. No women should be a slave to their husband, and Christians should not encourage or promote domestic abuse In the name of god. It's sick.

What do you suggest, honey? That we throw away our Bibles and become atheists? :rofl: If we do that, God will sends us to Hell. What do you think is worse - to suffer, shut up, and obey Godly men during our short lives, or to suffer eternal punishment in Hell?

Fireburp 02-26-2015 08:11 PM

Quote:

Friends,

We all know the only reason God will allow a divorce is if adultery is committed, there is NO other reason.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Well one such Godly Republican has been reading his King James version of the Bible too!!:thumbsup:

Source

Look, a True Christian™ husband doesn't just smack his wife around for no reason, that would be wrong:nonono:. The only reason we physically punish our wives is because they did something incredibly stupid (burned the pie, used too much starch, accidentally flashed an ankle, etc). As with any sub-intelligent species, they need a physical reminder in order for it to truly sink in (unlike a male who just needs to be told once). I do the same thing with my dog.

So ladies, next time you are enduring your husbands blows, remember the things you love about your husband (think positive) and the reasons you two fell in love.:wub::thumbsup:

God bless you Representative Don Pridemore!! A True Christian Republican™ standing up for traditional Christian marital values:innocent:

***NAZI FILTH REMOVED****

Marko Loimaan-Aho 02-26-2015 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireburp (Post 1136285)
fick dich amerikanischen Schwein. Ich hoffe, Sie in der Hölle rote.

Are you a Nazi? Are you blind?

Aggressus 02-27-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

mmmm. i don't know if that solves anything.

quite frankly, it would make me hate my abuser more.

Mary Etheldreda 02-27-2015 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggressus (Post 1136321)

Interesting take, dear. If you can find for me the chapter and verse in the Holy Bible (King James Version, please) the part about feeling romantic towards your spouse, I would appreciate it. I don't recall coming across it myself.

Fireburp 02-27-2015 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marko Loimaan-Aho (Post 1136287)
Are you a Nazi? Are you blind?

If anybody here is a Nazi it's you.

James Hutchins 02-27-2015 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aggressus (Post 1136321)

Would you rather be ignored? Do you want a spouse that does not care?
When I go away for weeks at a time then come home to surprise my wife, nearly every time when she hears my voice booming throughout the house "Where are you Woman!!!", she weeps with joy.

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 02-27-2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireburp (Post 1136325)
If anybody here is a Nazi it's you.

My dear burp, please kindly remember you are wrong. I'm a wife, and was married back in November, to a godly pastor. I could not be more happy or blessed because MY HUSBAND IS WILLING TO PUNISH ME. This is not abuse, since he is a godly man, and he is helping me get to heaven. (For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. Hebrews 12:6) He has given me the gift of his seed, so that I can bear children ("Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety." 1 Timothy 2:15) He provides me with a nice house, nice shoes, servants to keep order, and food on the table. I'm blessed for all he has given me. :wub:

Yours in Christ,
A very happy Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson

Aspie girl 06-10-2015 11:26 AM

God hates a man being violent towards his wife, as it states in the Old Testament. What if her life and her children's lives are at risk? A Christian man would not behave in such a manner.

A Follower 06-10-2015 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspie girl (Post 1147963)
God hates a man being violent towards his wife, as it states in the Old Testament. What if her life and her children's lives are at risk? A Christian man would not behave in such a manner.

You should support your ridiculous claims with some actual verses from the Bible, otherwise I'll be inclined to continue believing what I know the Bible says: Ephesians 5:22-24, we should treat women like Jesus treats men. I follow the news and I know Jesus kills thousands every day through wars, pestilence, plague, cancer, car accidents, etc. Obviously that means we as Christian husbands and fathers should follow His lead.

Didymus Much 06-10-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

God hates a man being violent towards his wife, as it states in the Old Testament...

Where does it say that?

Quote:

...What if her life and her children's lives are at risk?...
What does that have to do with it? Scriptural support for all claims, thank you.

Quote:

...A Christian man would not behave in such a manner.
Guess what? You do not define what a "Christian" man is or does, the Bible does. You want to claim the Bible says something? Show it or shut up.

Regis Alexandrus 06-11-2015 03:59 AM

Quote:

You could give yourself more credibility if you quote from the KJV Bible. Ephesians 5:28-29 would support your point even though it is a New Testament piece of scripture.

Ephesian 5:28-29 "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

*For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:":kjv1611:

Basilissa 06-11-2015 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regis Alexandrus (Post 1148073)
You could give yourself more credibility if you quote from the KJV Bible. Ephesians 5:28-29 would support your point even though it is a New Testament piece of scripture.

Ephesian 5:28-29 "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

*For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:":kjv1611:

Correct!

And, as the Bible tells us, the best way of showing love is to beat the loved person:

Proverbs 13:24 - He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Praise :jesus-fancy:!!

SoldierofChrist 07-03-2015 03:29 PM

When I am taken as a wife I will remember that he shall only beat me because he loves me and it is God's will for him to do so.

The bible tells us it is not only okay but necessary to physically discipline our children. And let's be honest lady. Sometimes our weak delicate minds are no better than that of a child. Thank God for putting men to watch over us!

Proverbs 23:13-14 "Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die. Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell"

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-03-2015 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regis Alexandrus (Post 1148073)

She could also give herself more credibility if she would stop being an assburgers syndrome. But I guess mass murder is en vogue these days.