The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I Don't Understand Evolutionists (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=89642)

Mary Etheldreda 04-29-2013 01:10 AM

I Don't Understand Evolutionists

According to evolution, all life is one random mistake after another. The evolutionist therefore naturally believes the only thing that makes mankind special is opposable thumbs. How sad.

IronDuke 04-29-2013 04:24 AM

Re: I Don't Understand Evolutionists

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 998779)
According to evolution, all life is one random mistake after another. The evolutionist therefore naturally believes the only thing that makes mankind special is opposable thumbs. How sad.

Natural selection (and therefore evolution) does not work randomly. It is based on the non-random probability of survival and fertility resulting from random mutations of genes. Humans are special and different in quite a few ways from most animals on the earth. What makes us special is how large our frontal lobe is, that is the biological reason for our intelligence.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-29-2013 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDuke (Post 998844)
Natural selection (and therefore evolution) does not work randomly. It is based on the non-random probability of survival and fertility resulting from random mutations of genes. Humans are special and different in quite a few ways from most animals on the earth. What makes us special is how large our frontal lobe is, that is the biological reason for our intelligence.

Lies. :thumbdown:

Mary Thompson 04-29-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

Stop arguing with yourself, dear. God created everything you just have to turn to page one of your Bible to see it (Genesis 1: 1) it was not random, and not in the way you explained, God created everything the way it is now.

Dr Laurence Niles 04-29-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Make your mind up: is it random or not? How can probability be random? Is 1/10 random?

This just shows the paucity of scientific integrity of the youngsters, these days.

YIC

Missionary in Sweden 04-29-2013 10:49 AM

I guess if they don't have brains, I guess the next best thing we have is opposable thumbs.

Pastor Ed Lowman 04-29-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Mutations, aye? Then why don't sharks mutate into having legs to run along the beach to get food? Surely there are enough mostly-naked food sources there? And why isn't there a half-elephant/half-mosquito mutation?

Can mutations save your soul? Can they forgive your sins? Can mutations bring you into the exuberant joys of Heaven?

I think not.

Pastor Ed

AthiesticChristian 05-10-2013 05:42 PM

Sharks don't grow legs and run on the beach because they can survive in the water. If sharks ran out of food, the sharks that could access food from other places would live longer and create more children. Theoretically lets say there is one shark who can spend 10 minutes on land and another can spend 16 minutes on land, then the shark who spends more time on land gets more food. It's ability to survive on land is passed on to it's children because sharks breed through meiosis which allows variation to occur. The children of the shark who can survive on land longer keep increasing the time they can survive for until they could live comfortably on land. If they stayed on land for long periods, their offspring over many generations until it could develop legs to capture more food. Now this is a very unlikely scenario and would take maybe millions of years to happen but this is basically how evolution works.

Redeemed Papist 05-10-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001919)
Sharks don't grow legs and run on the beach because they can survive in the water. If sharks ran out of food, the sharks that could access food from other places would live longer and create more children. Theoretically lets say there is one shark who can spend 10 minutes on land and another can spend 16 minutes on land, then the shark who spends more time on land gets more food. It's ability to survive on land is passed on to it's children because sharks breed through meiosis which allows variation to occur. The children of the shark who can survive on land longer keep increasing the time they can survive for until they could live comfortably on land. If they stayed on land for long periods, their offspring over many generations until it could develop legs to capture more food. Now this is a very unlikely scenario and would take maybe millions of years to happen but this is basically how evolution works.

I can't make head nor tail of if you're trying to say Evilution is real or not in that gobbledygook. Except it obviously isn't because God made all the critters Himself. Read your Bible, sonny. Now run along to your daddy for the beating that little lot has earned you.

Mary Etheldreda 05-10-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001919)

So conceivably, you could put a million fish on the beach and expect at least one of them to survive, and its offspring to do the same. Gee, why hasn't any scientist ever tried this?

Evolution seems so simple to prove, and yet no one ever has.

Redeemed Papist 05-10-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1001921)
So conceivably, you could put a million fish on the beach and expect at least one of them to survive, and its offspring to do the same. Gee, why hasn't any scientist ever tried this?

Evolution seems so simple to prove, and yet no one ever has.

They dare not put their ideas to the test with experiments because it shows them to be really false. It's like we don't catch millions of fish every day in fishing boats. Has a single one of them grown legs and run away? :rofl3:

The Darwintwits are so stupid!

AthiesticChristian 05-10-2013 06:00 PM

I was using that as a theoretical situation. Sharks with legs would probably never happen anyway. I though that was at the end of the post.

Bjorn Jensen 05-10-2013 06:02 PM

The scientheists of Landover Baptist Church has proven evolution to be false. They dropped dolphins (they are fish, aren't they?) in the Mojave desert. The dolphins died, and did not grow any legs.
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=11946

Redeemed Papist 05-10-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001928)
I was using that as a theoretical situation. Sharks with legs would probably never happen anyway. I though that was at the end of the post.

What's wrong with your Bible? Why do you not think it is the word of God? Why are you just making up your own Jesus and thinking it is true? Or are you totally at odds with Jesus and think He didn't die for you?

AthiesticChristian 05-10-2013 06:35 PM

The dolphins died because variation only happens during reproduction. Unless a baby was conceived and born in the few seconds or minutes they were alive, of course they would die. Evolution also takes thousands or millions of years to happen so without water to retreat back to and many generations living in the desert, they would not develop legs.

I read the Vulgate Bible, the oldest and most accurate translation of the original Bible. I do not believe it is the word of God because as an Atheitic Christian, I don't believe God is real but I still follow the moral teachings of the Bible.
I believe that Jesus was a preacher but he was not the son of god because god is not real. Jesus may have been crucified but he did not die for my sins because I uphold the moral laws of the Bible which is not sinning.

May I ask, does your Bible use the word trumpet?

Mary Etheldreda 05-10-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001940)
The dolphins died because variation only happens during reproduction. Unless a baby was conceived and born in the few seconds or minutes they were alive, of course they would die. Evolution also takes thousands or millions of years to happen so without water to retreat back to and many generations living in the desert, they would not develop legs.

Your backpedaling is cute. You suggest one shark can spend 10 minutes on land and another can spend 16 minutes on land. Instead of waiting around, lets put a million to the test at the same time. Ex-viking already showed you this experiment has been done, and in no way was your Darwinism supported. Why not face the facts? It won't hurt, you know, to learn the Truth©.

:)

Dr Laurence Niles 05-10-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001940)
Evolution also takes thousands or millions of years to happen

Which is it: thousands or millions? You can't have it both ways :angry:

And another thing: show me an animal that can live thousands or millions of years.

You are contradicting yourself.

YIC

AthiesticChristian 05-10-2013 06:55 PM

Would you please read my posts and stop cherry picking. I used the shark thing as an example, which I said was hypothetical and it would probably never happen.

Evolution can happen over thousands of years through a few random mutations or millions due to adapting to a slightly changing environment. This is because of genetic variation due to meiosis.

I never said animals live thousands and millions of years. Their offspring change due to variation. The variation causes evolution over many generations. This can take thousands or millions of years.

Mary Etheldreda 05-10-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001944)
Would you please read my posts and stop cherry picking. I used the shark thing as an example, which I said was hypothetical and it would probably never happen.

Evolution can happen over thousands of years through a few random mutations or millions due to adapting to a slightly changing environment. This is because of genetic variation due to meiosis.

I never said animals live thousands and millions of years. Their offspring change due to variation. The variation causes evolution over many generations. This can take thousands or millions of years.

But something has to happen first. We're telling you this has never happened, even though circumstances have been created to provide for just this possibility. The most you're doing is offering an argument based on incredulity. You can't conceive of God creating the animal kingdom as we see them today, therefore, they must have evolved some way. Then you fabricate whatever way you can conceive of. The sad thing to me, and why I started this thread, is that when one believes there are naught but the product of random evolution, the opposable thumb is the best thing they can think of with regards to intrinsic value. That's so sad. I desire for you to know you're valuable to Christ, once you repent of your sins and accept Him as your Lord and Master.

:)

Bjorn Jensen 05-10-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AthiesticChristian (Post 1001944)

But how does a fish get an offspring on land before it chokes to begin with? Thats technically impossible and goes against the laws of nature!