The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Proper ways of corporal punishment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=63185)

lukasekman 04-14-2011 09:02 PM

Proper ways of corporal punishment

Say a kid disturb you multiple times when you study the Bible, or hide your training clothes. Sure it's time for corporal punishment, but how do you administer it, and which body parts do you advice?

My wife and I always go for the bare buttocks, and smack with open hand. Once I washed out his mouth with soap. However, I know people who prefer other ways, like punching the stomach and boxing the ears. In addition, some prefer hot-saucing, like Jessica Beagley <--- WARNING, Mormon content.

Please share your best ideas here.

BelieverInGod 04-14-2011 11:54 PM

Re: Proper ways of corporal punishment

Seth is the true spanker in the house, and that's his roll. Me, I'm a cuffer. I usually catch the top or back of the head, although I take what I can get. I just do the lightning fast cuff, I find that being a woman, the surprise of the back of the head cuff works to my advantage because I don't have the strength for a good spanking. Also punishment is done, right then, right now.

My kids would be wearing electronic collars if I could legally get away with it.

The Bright Beast 04-15-2011 09:14 AM

I advise the use of a hairbrush to the bare buttocks, this way, you avoid touching the buttocks, which are a sinful, unclean body part. If you feel unsatisfied after a few minutes, then use your belt. A few hours of SUPERVISED bible study afterwards for the offender can't go amiss either.

Two-Dollar Bill 04-15-2011 10:07 AM

We use one of those things that people use to beat carpets and rugs with. The boys get a number of "whacks" on the backside outside the home (regardless of weather) and in full view of the neighbors. This adds a bit of drama and really hits home with the children. It also shows the Sindinavians how a real family raises it's children - that is to say not like a bunch of pansies that let their brats run amok.

James Hutchins 04-15-2011 11:07 AM

I make sure to look the child deeply in the eyes and wait until the full realization of my furor has set in. Then a slight smile as I strike. I continue this until the whimpering stops and the only sounds remaining are those of my rod connecting with the flesh and my heavy breathing from exertion.

Billy Bob Jenkins 04-15-2011 11:13 AM

I find an oar across the spinal vertebrae is the best method.

lukasekman 04-15-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 732446)
I make sure to look the child deeply in the eyes and wait until the full realization of my furor has set in. Then a slight smile as I strike. I continue this until the whimpering stops and the only sounds remaining are those of my rod connecting with the flesh and my heavy breathing from exertion.

I agree with you, building up anticipation about the imminent punishment is important, the kid need to know it's time for judgment. I raise the righteous hand up in the air, so the kid stare on it with head arched backwards, as my hand is the hand of GOD. The strong smack hitting his head in the judgment from Heaven.

Immaculate Kiwi 04-21-2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasekman (Post 732477)
I agree with you, building up anticipation about the imminent punishment is important, the kid need to know it's time for judgment. I raise the righteous hand up in the air, so the kid stare on it with head arched backwards, as my hand is the hand of GOD. The strong smack hitting his head in the judgment from Heaven.

Amen, amen!

Our prayer group has come to the point where we swap our kids for discipline, just to change the fierce face overlooking them, thus to still strike the fear of God within them to maintain absolute order and control. The anticipation must be high, just as the Rapture shall be, to inflict maximum impact on their frail minds.

In God I trust,

I.Kiwi

AngelOfTheRose 04-21-2011 05:19 AM

Any good True Christian™ of course knows of Proverbs 13:24 - He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

I was not spared as a boy and I've now grown up with Jesus in my heart and the hopes of being a True Christian™ and when I one day have a son, I will continue.

And personally, I think it's best to aim straight for the buttocks as there are many nerves in there. That really drives the lesson home.

The Bright Beast 04-22-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 732447)
I find an oar across the spinal vertebrae is the best method.

Now THAT, brother, is true loving discipline!:thumbsup:

Truth of the Matter 04-29-2013 03:06 AM

Children need to be taught to respect their superiors.

Most of the time, when I am home with the children, my husband is at work and I am working in the kitchen.

After my children get home from school, they have been exposed to sin and indecency, so I have them each do an hour of Bible study.

When they do not behave and my husband is not there, I am quite capable of administering corporal punishment, but I always do it with my husband on the phone or using some technology so that he can hear or see what I am doing to our children.

In my comment on keeping homosexuality out of Boy Scouts, I mentioned a list of punishments we would give our children if they disobeyed me or my husband.

When spanking my children- yes, I still spank my high schoolers- I have them sit in a rocking chair and tell me what they did wrong and apologize. I then sit down on the edge of the bed and tell them to lean their buttocks across my knee. I make them look at my hand when it is raised in the air, the hand that delivers their God-given punishment. I then bring it down multiple times rapidly to deliver to them their punishment.

When belting my children, I find it best to use a belt with numerous holes in it- you can move it faster this way. It is important to intimidate your children in order to get them to respect you. To do this, bend the belt in half and grasp each end of it. Put your hands together, making sure that one half of the belt bends up and the other half bends down. Then, rapidly draw your hands away from each other. This creates a sound that is very intimidating to the children, or whoever is being punished.

anncook158 05-13-2016 01:18 PM

What is corporal punishment? It is a method of discipline that inflicts a specific physical consequence when a negative action occurs. More info about it red here:
<<<inappropriate link removed by moderator>>>