The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Person of the year 2013 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97740)

Prayer Warrior 03-14-2014 11:05 AM

Person of the year 2013

As many of you are probably aware, every year, Godless Time magazine tries to shove a new false idol onto us through their "Person of the Year" award. Some of the people on the magazine in the past made sense, like George Bush, but lately there have been evil, demonic people on it, like the faggy, communistic pope, and Obama. This is why I thought Landover Baptist should decide on its own person of the year for 2013.

Here's how it works. Each person (True Christians™ only) ranks up to 10 people, from highest to lowest, as person of the year. A first place vote is worth 10 points, a second place vote is worth 9 points, and each lower rank is worth one less point. A 10th place vote being worth one point. There's no requirement to use all 10 slots. You are may change your mind before the month is over. Whoever has the most points after a month wins. I'll start:

1. Donald Trump
2. Ken Ham
3. Vladimir Putin
4. Chris Christie
5. Yoweri Museveni
6. Michelle Bachman
7. Art Robinson
8. Sarah Palin
9. Paul Broun
10. George Zimmerman

Mother Of Seven 03-14-2014 11:11 AM

Re: Person of the year 2013

1. Pastor Ezekiel
2. Pastor Ezekiel
3. Pastor Ezekiel
4. Pastor Ezekiel
5. Pastor Ezekiel
6. Pastor Ezekiel
7. Pastor Ezekiel
8. Pastor Ezekiel
9. Pastor Ezekiel
10. Pastor Ezekiel

Cranky Old Man 03-14-2014 01:44 PM

The list only needs one name: Sarah Palin.

Daisy Mae Johnson 03-14-2014 02:01 PM

PASTOR ZEKE!

http://www.glitters123.com/glitter_g...litters-81.gif

Mary Etheldreda 03-14-2014 02:13 PM

A Follower 03-14-2014 03:23 PM

Not trying to brag, but 7 years ago Time Magazine chose me as person of the year. The thing is, they never even spoke to me. It must be pure random chance who is chosen, and there are a lot more evil people than good people (Matthew 7:14), so this year they will most likely choose a bad person again.

Naomi Ruth Lamb 03-18-2014 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1073047)
1. Pastor Ezekiel
2. Pastor Ezekiel
3. Pastor Ezekiel
4. Pastor Ezekiel
5. Pastor Ezekiel
6. Pastor Ezekiel
7. Pastor Ezekiel
8. Pastor Ezekiel
9. Pastor Ezekiel
10. Pastor Ezekiel

<gag>
Could your nose be just a little browner, hon?

Naomi Ruth Lamb 03-18-2014 05:10 AM

1. :god-fancy:
2. :jesus-fancy:
3. Victory OS
4. Zechariah Smyth
5. Mistress Cookie
6. Mary Etheldreda
7. Ezekiel Flint
8. Michelle Bachman
9. Naomi Ruth Lamb
10. Russell Holbeck

I am SO embarrassed at nominating myself, but I am certain my sisters in Christ would agree that this list would not be complete without my name.
Bless all of you! except those that sit in the seat of the scornful and associate with thieves and predators and don't know how to stop insulting True Christian™ members of the Landover community. No names mentioned since JESUS created me as a demure, petite flower and I wish evil on no one. God will take care of those hussies.

Ex-soccer player 03-19-2014 05:32 PM

God, Jesus and Pastor Ezekiel would be obvious choices for every year but I think such an award is a good opportunity to encourage other conservatives as well!

I think Vladimir Putin plays a more and more important role in defending Christian values. This is especially important in times like these when we have a muslim traitor in the White House.

Pat Robertson would also deserve a prize for uncovering the gay aids ring practice in 2013. We need more intelligent and well-read conservatives who are not afraid to speak out :thumbsup:

KateSanders 03-19-2014 08:38 PM

I haven't posted much on these forums, despite being around for quite a while, and I don't have the most experience with the people who use this forum, but whenever I see a post Pastor Ezekiel it is always teeming with wisdom and foresight. For this reason alone, I have to go with Pastor Ezekiel for person of the year.

Faith_Machine 03-19-2014 09:41 PM

What an auspicious year this would be if Pastor Zeke is named Person of the Year after already receiving the Pastor Ezekiel Flint Award for Excellence in Theology!

I'm just so proud of him!

I must say, however, all this "person" business just smacks of political correctness. Whatever happened to the good old days when you could call it "Man of the Year" and not have to worry that the feminists were going to have a hissy fit?

The feminists are so uneducated, they don't even understand that "man" is a totally inclusive, non-discriminatory term. If you don't believe me, kindly refer to the dictionary definition of this word:

Quote:

man
1 [man]
noun, plural men.
an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman.
a member of the species Homo sapiens or all the members of this species collectively, without regard to sex:
prehistoric man.
the human individual as representing the species, without reference to sex; the human race; humankind: Man hopes for peace, but prepares for war.
a human being; person: to give a man a chance; When the audience smelled the smoke, it was every man for himself.
a husband.

CASE CLOSED!

Prayer Warrior 04-10-2014 01:22 AM

Less than a week left. I am assuming that Mary Etheldreda is voting for Jesus, and that Daisy Mae Johnson is voting for Pastor Ezekiel. I'm also assuming that Ex-soccer player is voting for Putin and Robertson. If you actually intended to vote for someone else or want to change your vote please post before the deadline.

Here is the current unofficial top 5:
1. Pastor Ezekiel 245 points
2. Jesus 19 points
3. Vladimir Putin 18 points
4. Sarah Palin 13 points
5. Donald Trump 10 points

Mary Thompson 04-10-2014 05:04 AM

10. Jesus
9. Pastor Ezekiel
8.Pastor Ezekiel
7. Pastor Ezekiel
6. Pastor Ezekiel
5. Pastor Ezekiel
4.Pastor Ezekiel
3.Pastor Ezekiel
2.Pastor Ezekiel
1.Pastor Ezekiel

Cranky Old Man 04-10-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prayer Warrior (Post 1080141)
4. Sarah Palin 13 points

I demand a recount! :angry:

Mother Of Seven 04-10-2014 09:44 PM

How can Sarah Palin even be considered? While she may be "Woman of the Year", she cannot compete on an equal footing with any man for "Person of the Year".

Prayer Warrior 04-10-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man (Post 1080236)
I demand a recount! :angry:

It wasn't what I originally intended, but since we are presumably allowing people to vote multiple times for Pastor Ezekiel, I suppose there's no reason why you couldn't dedicate all 10 of your votes to Sarah Palin.

If you did that, it would change the total score for her to

10+
9+
8+
7+
6+
5+
4+
3+
2+
=55

I did also say we could change votes, so I'll move up Palin to 6th place, bumping Bachman, and Robinson down a space. That would mean she gets an additional 5 points from me. For 60 points total

This brings Sarah Palin to second place with 60 points, hope that helps.

Cranky Old Man 04-10-2014 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prayer Warrior (Post 1080303)
This brings Sarah Palin to second place with 60 points, hope that helps.

Second only to Pastor Ezekiel. Yes that sounds acceptable.

M. Mansfield, MD 04-11-2014 02:10 AM

I would like to cast a vote for Nobar King. From reading his posts here, I have come to a far greater knowledge of God's word and feel as if I have a new friend to play checkers with in heaven - as long as he doesn't smell like old man. I would assume Jesus provides air freshener or just takes away that old man scent once one of the saints hands out robes.

Levi Jones 04-11-2014 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex-soccer player (Post 1074568)
I think Vladimir Putin plays a more and more important role in defending Christian values. This is especially important in times like these when we have a muslim traitor in the White House.

I second this nomination. Vladimir Putin is a manly man and the exact type of leadership this country needs. :wub:

http://baconagency.ca/wordpressblog/...61_634x878.jpg

Basilissa 04-14-2014 03:21 AM

While I love and admire all of the Godly Men (and that woman) who have been nominated, my votes must go to our beloved fearless Leader. :wub:

1. Pastor Ezekiel
2. Pastor Ezekiel
3. Pastor Ezekiel
4. Pastor Ezekiel
5. Pastor Ezekiel
6. Pastor Ezekiel
7. Pastor Ezekiel
8. Pastor Ezekiel
9. Pastor Ezekiel
10. Pastor Ezekiel