The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover to the Rescue - Christian Help Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Is DYSLEXIA a curse from God or is it CURABLE? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=56301)

Lost Sheep McUinnean 12-22-2010 11:10 AM

Is DYSLEXIA a curse from God or is it CURABLE?

Regarding my (Spanish) niece. she's been 'diagnosed' as dyslexic. Again, one might think I shouldn't be worrying since she's being brought up Cathleck by agnostic parents. (my point exactly!:angry: They just want her to have the big first communion party like all her 'amigas'. Sickening.)

Anyway, since I have experience in teaching and linguistics, they've asked me to help. The first session was of course disastrous. There's no language barrier of course since I am totally fluent in Spanish. The problem is that her level of English is amoebic and is therefore unable to read my KJV1611.

I though of a translation version but have decided to abandon the project altogether. I will no longer be trying to help her, in English or Spanish or even in Sapnihs, which she seemsm to be able to raed hte best. In any case it's juts not wroth it.

HOWEVER, I'm left with a sort of dilemma.

Is her DYSLEXIA something that should/can/might be remedied?
Or did God give her this for a reason?
And if so, has she any hope of Salvation? (or even Slatavion)

All comments welcome, thank you.:jesus:

Johannes Kirkeholm 12-22-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Is DYSLEXIA a curse from God or is it CURABLE?

Well, it is obviously God who has cursed her with dylexia:

Exodus 4:11
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

God is probably punishing the parents of you niece for being agnostics since he doesn't like agnostics at all:

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth

Since you are a True Christian™ you could cure her with prayer:

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive

But perhaps refraining from doing so could serve as a lesson to her ungodly parents?

Lost Sheep McUinnean 12-22-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Kirkeholm (Post 659959)
Well, it is obviously God who has cursed her with dylexia:

Exodus 4:11
And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?

God is probably punishing the parents of you niece for being agnostics since he doesn't like agnostics at all:

Revelation 3:16
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth

But perhaps refraining from doing so could serve as a lesson to her ungodly parents?

Thank you kindly my wise Scandinavian brother (Tack sa mycket - sorry that's Swedish I know).

I liked especially your third piece of advice. It also fits in better with my Christmas schedule and the skiing trip.:thumbsup:

Lisa H 12-22-2010 01:32 PM

I think it would be best if she stopped learning any of those foreign languages and learn to speak American only. Throw away anything that is not written in American and only play American DVD's

Also it has been proven that dyslexia is just an excuse for lazy people not to read.

Rapture Eddie 12-22-2010 01:34 PM

It's a lifestyle choice just like homerism, Gingerism and negraism.
If they were to repent of their evil ways and turn to Jesus for their Salvation we wouldn't have to suffer their nonsense.

Brother Temperance 12-22-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johannes Kirkeholm (Post 659959)

I'd recommend this option. As a True Christian, I am 100% confident that prayer works, and so when your prayers inevitably cure this girl, it will serve as an excellent demonstration of God's powers to this girl's wishy-washy parents. :thumbsup:

Pastor Ezekiel 12-22-2010 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 660017)
I'd recommend this option. As a True Christian, I am 100% confident that prayer works, and so when your prayers inevitably cure this girl, it will serve as an excellent demonstration of God's powers to this girl's wishy-washy parents. :thumbsup:

Ditto that. Prayer is the only known cure for the retardation that your niece has. It could be that Jesus is punishing her for being a garlic-eating greasy spanish dago wop bastard, but I'd have to meet her to be sure.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 12-22-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 660083)
Ditto that. Prayer is the only known cure for the retardation that your niece has. It could be that Jesus is punishing her for being a garlic-eating greasy spanish dago wop bastard, but I'd have to meet her to be sure.

Perhaps Pastor. Just as God punished my own cousin with schizophrenia for being a skirt-wearing, haggis-hurling, drunken-rambling, sheep-molesting, false-Baptist, ex-Jehovah's witness, deep-fried pizza eating, Yank-hating, heather-sniffing, soccerball-sucking heretic retard too. So I suppose the reason He has done this is understandable.

Thank you Pastor, I shall forthwith take nothing more to do with the child. Except if her father is organizing the deer-hunting trip in the early new year. I shall be courteous, nothing more. Thank you and God Bless.

Gabriel Reproba 12-22-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 660096)
Just as God punished my own cousin with schizophrenia for being a skirt-wearing, haggis-hurling, drunken-rambling, sheep-molesting, false-Baptist, ex-Jehovah's witness, deep-fried pizza eating, Yank-hating, heather-sniffing, soccerball-sucking heretic retard too.

I didn't know your cousin was mexican. You learn something new every day.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 12-22-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Reproba (Post 660103)
I didn't know your cousin was mexican. You learn something new every day.

No no no no noooo, Brother. He's Scottish, although I understand that both nations obviously share cultural traits. A knid of transatlantic trick or trait I suppose. And he's called Johnny.

(Why is the mad one always called Johnny?)

James Dewitt 12-23-2010 12:50 AM

I am kinda thinking DEMONS. Have her rectum checked out by a qualified Demonologist.

Ezekiel Bathfire 12-23-2010 02:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You won't remember Pastor Yeovil, he was around in the 50s and the one who put up the notice offering help to people who couldn't read the notice.

Dyslexics are the same sort of people - hard to contact. But if contact is not made early and those demons driven out, the best you can hope for is a life of begging on the streets.

BelieverInGod 12-23-2010 02:10 AM

Personally I'm with brother Alex and believe that Dyslexia is just an excuse for being lazy.

Beat it out of her and it will be amazing how fast she can learn to read.

Mistress Cookie 12-23-2010 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa H (Post 660009)
Also it has been proven that dyslexia is just an excuse for lazy people not to read.

They can also do it to get attention.

PS: Is Dyslexia one of the things you can stand up in church and reveal about someone when the reverend asks "if there's anyone present who knows any reason why this couple should not be married" and such-and-such?

Mistress Cookie 12-23-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 659914)
Is her DYSLEXIA something that should/can/might be remedied?

I did some searching for you and it looks like you have some affordable, do-it-yourself options!

Quote:

The knowledge that head trauma, convulsions and high fever could be good for improving mental disturbances is not new in Medicine. Hippocrates was the first to note that malaria-induced convulsions in insane patients was able to cure them. In the Middle Ages, some physicians observed the same phenomenon after a severe bout of fever; such as after cholera epidemics in insane asylums. In 1786, a physician named Roess claimed improvement in mental patients after inocculation with smallpox vaccine. Furthermore, many physicans along the centuries have noted that there are very few epileptics who are also schizophrenic, and a biological theory on the incompatibility of convulsions and mental disease slowly evolved. In addition, for centuries physicians had been fascinated with the idea of treating mental and neurological diseases by using electricity.

Lisa H 12-23-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistress Cookie (Post 660674)
Is Dyslexia one of the things you can stand up in church and reveal about someone when the reverend asks "if there's anyone present who knows any reason why this couple should not be married" and such-and-such?

I would think it would count. A True Christian should not be marrying someone who is not worthy and unwilling to abide by God.

MitzaLizalor 12-23-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Dewitt (Post 660564)
I am kinda thinking DEMONS. Have her rectum checked out by a qualified Demonologist.

My first reaction was demonic possession, similar to a dumb demon Luke 11:14

Agnostic ponderer 01-08-2011 01:42 PM

these comments sicken me

why were you trying to teach her using a bible? there are a lot simpler texts to use specific text books for teaching dyslexics even
I am dyslexic and i find learning new languages difficult it also took me a while to learn the ins and outs of this one
why is the child punished for the parents apparent "sins"?

Lisa H where is your proof because i have rather alot to say it is a mental condition where the brain learns and reacts differently to non-dyslexics try to know a subject before you talk about it i have done quite a lot of research on dyslexia and i have only ever heard arrogent people with no understanding of the subject matter say that it is laziness

dyslexia is incurable but it can be overcome

also Ezekiel Bathfire i am glad to inform you that i a dyslexic am going to university next year so your claim is incorrect

Brother Temperance 01-08-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic ponderer (Post 670859)
these comments sicken me

why were you trying to teach her using a bible? there are a lot simpler texts to use specific text books for teaching dyslexics even

Are any of them written by God?
Quote:

why is the child punished for the parents apparent "sins"?
Let me rephrase that:
Q: Why is the child punished?
A: For the parents sins.
There ya go.
Quote:

Lisa H where is your proof because i have rather alot to say it is a mental condition where the brain learns and reacts differently to non-dyslexics try to know a subject before you talk about it i have done quite a lot of research on dyslexia and i have only ever heard arrogent people with no understanding of the subject matter say that it is laziness
Lisa H is a woman, so it's no surprise that she was talking complete nonsense. You're right, of course it's not laziness. It's either a result of demon possession or a curse from God.

MitzaLizalor 01-08-2011 10:27 PM

Perhaps I could also add:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agnostic ponderer (Post 670859)
… it is a mental condition where the brain learns and reacts differently to non-dyslexics…

.. .. because of God's curse (or demon possession).

Quote:

dyslexia is incurable
if it demon possession the demon can be cast out Luke 11:14 (again!) can't you read or something?

If - as your post suggests you are "showing off" then I've heard that wearing orange glasses sometimes helps such people to behave normally:

Perhaps I could also add:

Quote:

… it is a mental condition where the brain learns and reacts differently to non-dyslexics…
.. .. because of God's curse (or demon possession).

Quote:

dyslexia is incurable
if it demon possession the demon can be cast out Luke 11:14 (again!) can't you read or something?

If - as your post suggests you are "showing off" then I've heard that wearing orange glasses sometimes helps such people to behave normally:

if that doesn't help, it's probably a demon (authorised by God as a punishment) SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION FROM THE PASTORAL TEAM

JUDGES 9:23 Then God sent an euill spirit betweene Abimelech & the men of Shechem: and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

JUDGES 9:23 Then God sent an euill spirit betweene Abimelech & the men of Shechem: and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

I SAMUEL 16:14 But the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an euil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

I SAMUEL 16:14 But the spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an euil spirit from the Lord troubled him.

I hope that is helpful. I hope that is helpful.