The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Easter is About Jesus - Period! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Jesus' Resurrection was huge! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97891)

JustGotSaved 03-19-2014 05:28 PM

Jesus' Resurrection was huge!

Lest any forget why we are Christians: Jesus' resurrection was Huge! It was ENORMOUS!

It was a really big deal! Without His resurrection we would not, nay, COULD not trust in Him. Without His resurrection He'd be just another false prophet martyred uselessly, still lying limp in a tomb. But by His resurrection He sprang back to life and PROVES that He is the Son of God and His word is to be FOLLOWED!

The women who He first showed His amazing multi-colored resurrection to ran back to tell the others, and from then, through a long line throughout the ages, to Me! So I remember the first time I heard of His resurrection I was agog at its power! This meant that I, too, could likewise rise as a member in God's Family to the very heavens! I too, would have a resurrection like His!

It is my prayer that I am able to share my resurrection with each and everyone one of you when we meet in Heaven.

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-19-2014 08:47 PM

Re: Jesus' Resurrection was huge!

I do so agree with your minimal understanding. I always see the resurrection as a marvellous Miracle because it is always so difficult to remember how to do something when you're dead. Yet Jesus did just that.

I have decided to be buried at sea that I might benefit from a more personal resurrection as per Rev:20:13a And the sea gave up the dead which were in it;

So If I am damp, please be understanding as our resurrections are compared.

angelicaB 03-21-2014 10:31 AM

it was touching that Jesus saved us. It was lent season and we do out fasting and abstinence.

Didymus Much 03-21-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angelicaB (Post 1075042)
...It was lent season...

Not mentioned in the Bible.

Quote:

...and we do out fasting and abstinence.
Why?

Note: "Priest says so" is not an acceptable answer.

Naomi Ruth Lamb 03-21-2014 09:34 PM

Brother Saved and Brother Bathfire:

Practice makes perfect. I believe when you show your huge resurrections, it should be well-rehearsed, with panache - for the Glory of GOD. So, why not stop by and we'll work on those resurrections. I will serve pie!

Brother Bathfire, I have a huge pool so you can experiment with getting wet! Brother Saved, we will be able to formulate the perfect resurrection if we put our heads together.

I can't wait until both of you come!

Rejoicing in the Salvation of Christ Jesus,
:innocent: :angel2::innocent:
Naomi Ruth Lamb

Pastor Isaac Peters 03-21-2014 09:55 PM

The events concerning both Christ's crucifixion and His resurrection were indeed momentous:

[Matthew 27:50-54 KJV] 50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Surely anyone witnessing such things, or even reading about them, would have reached the same conclusion as the centurion. That is why the unbelievers started a conspiracy of silence about events that otherwise, everyone would surely have thought to write down. Yet God is not mocked (Galatians 6:7): Even though the conspiracy of silence worked with regard to all secular writings, we know that such things happened because we read about them in Matthew's Gospel. Praise His glorious name!

Walter Van Slyke 03-21-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustGotSaved (Post 1074564)
Lest any forget why we are Christians: Jesus' resurrection was Huge! It was ENORMOUS!

Like you, my jaw swings helplessly flaccid and agape at the mere thought of the enormity of our Holy Lord Jesus' enormous resurrection.

Easter is truly our highest and most holy of holidays. Although the Bible does not say what day it was Jesus was born, I spend all day Christmas thanking Him not only for conceiving Himself, but also for having the foresight to make it happen on December 25 so he could rub it in the face of those who worshiped pretend gods that falsely claimed that day, like Horus or Osiris or Attis or Krishna or Zoroaster or Mithra or Buddha or Heracles or Dionysus or Adonis or Hermes or Bacchus or Prometheus.

With one mighty stroke, he creamed them all.

Praise God!