The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   SCRABBLE - A TOOL OF THE DEVIL? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=10249)

revrggreen 04-05-2008 12:54 AM

SCRABBLE - A TOOL OF THE DEVIL?

Friends,

I recently received a letter from a good Christian woman, who was worried by her 13 years old son's behavior. She had walked in on him, and two of his male friends, playing the so-called children's word game - 'Scrabble' - and was horrified by what she found!

For the words they had 'spelled-out' on the Scrabble board included 'homosexual', 'erection', 'anal', and 'queer'! Shocking! And they say this is a board-game for children?

You would think that spelling these sort of words would lose you the game, but surprisingly a small and perverted word like 'queer' is worth a massive 42 points with a triple word score! While a word like 'love' is only worth 7 points!

Naturally the poor woman was terrified - as she thought this meant her poor son was a 'queer' himself! For she had assumed they were playing some sort of 'Fag-Edition' of Scrabble! That was when I went on to investigate, and was shocked by what I found!

For this was NOT some sort of pervert-edition they were playing, but actually the normal edition, on sale in all children's toy stores! Yes, these are the kinds of sick words children are being exposed to when playing this game!

Not only that, but this evil game's true nature is exposed when you find out the word 'God' is worth a measly 5 points, while the 'Devil' gets 9 points! Terrifying! This sick game actually gives Lucifer almost double the score of God!

Scrabble is evil, and a tool of the Devil! Any parent who allows their child to play this Satanic game is guilty of child abuse, and in need of serious psychiatric help!

Pastor Ezekiel 04-05-2008 01:04 AM

Re: SCRABBLE - A TOOL OF THE DEVIL?

Shocking report, brother. I had no idea that there were various versions of Scrabble available out there. :o

When I was a boy, I had a "Bible Scrabble" game. It only allowed the players to spell out words found in the Holy KJV1611 Bible. I wonder if they still make those?

There is an online version. :thumbsup:

Nobar King 04-05-2008 01:38 AM

Quote:

Tile Queens
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
http://www.chicagopride.com/images/blank.gif
TILE QUEENS, a weekly Gay Scrabble club, where "queer" will score you a lot of points, will meet every Tuesday from 6-9 pm at Pause Cafe, 1107 W. Berwyn Ave. The first meeting will take place Tuesday, August 29, 2006. This is a very casual free event to provide gays and lesbians (and, well, anybody) a place to meet outside the bar scene, relax, dish and play some super fun "word-nerd" games. Some Scrabble boards available, but folks are encouraged to bring their own boards and whatever other fun wordy games they may want to play.

For more info, please send an email to tilequeens@hotmail.com or call 773-743-4072.

I was unable to find any information about the gay version of scrabble. It must be something you can only buy in 'special' stores.

Fallen Angel 04-05-2008 05:54 AM

i like monoply. i usually play as the lil scotie dog.

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-05-2008 10:22 AM

I place Scrabble in the same category as Ouija Boards and moving a glass around on a table – the perfect channel for the Devil to spread is evil creed.

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-05-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 168510)

Monopoly is a Godly pursuit. It teaches the Christian and American values of Republicanism via competition, property speculation and debt collection.

I love to watch the faces of my grand children as they are thrown out onto the street without a dollar to their name. They have just learned the parable of the Talents and know that the poor and stupid are there to be exploited because they are Godless:

M't:25:20: And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
M't:25:21: His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
M't:25:22: He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
M't:25:23: His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
M't:25:24: Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
M't:25:25: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
M't:25:26: His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
M't:25:27: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
M't:25:28: Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
M't:25:29: For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.

RevColinJamesTodd 04-05-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 168464)
I was unable to find any information about the gay version of scrabble. It must be something you can only buy in 'special' stores.

Homo-Scrabble? No doubt all the letters smell of shit, and are infected with AIDs?

No doubt the rules of the Fag version are somewhat different to normal Scrabble? I'd imagine these queer animals have to shit all over the scrabble board, and put all the Scrabble letters up their own asses during the game? That is just sick! :angry:

Brother Temperance 04-05-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallen Angel (Post 168510)

God hates furries! :angry:

Good Times 04-11-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrggreen (Post 168444)

For the words they had 'spelled-out' on the Scrabble board included 'homosexual', 'erection', 'anal', and 'queer'! Shocking! And they say this is a board-game for children?

You would think that spelling these sort of words would lose you the game, but surprisingly a small and perverted word like 'queer' is worth a massive 42 points with a triple word score! While a word like 'love' is only worth 7 points! (What about with a tripple word score, sir? I see through your shoddy attempt at making the game appear biased towards gay terms.)

For this was NOT some sort of pervert-edition they were playing, but actually the normal edition, on sale in all children's toy stores! Yes, these are the kinds of sick words children are being exposed to when playing this game! (To be blunt, No Shit. The game does not decide what words the child spells, it is completely up to them.)

Not only that, but this evil game's true nature is exposed when you find out the word 'God' is worth a measly 5 points, while the 'Devil' gets 9 points! Terrifying! This sick game actually gives Lucifer almost double the score of God! (Again, I have to ask if you are seriously making an agrument, that DEVIL a 5 letter word, gets more than GOD a 3 letter word, in a game about scoring high by getting larger words. You do realize this don't you? It dosn't advocate satanism, it simply adds points for letters. How horrible of them to not give an automatic 100 points for spelling the word of YOUR savior.)

...and in need of serious psychiatric help! (Not meaning to be offensive, but after an hour of browsing your forums, I would reccomend psychiatric help to you all. Unless of course this is against your religion. Apparently spelling games are...)

My responces have been bolded and underlined.

Nobar King 04-11-2008 07:36 AM

For a Scrabble fanatic your spelling is atrocious.

Curious Agnostic 04-11-2008 08:09 AM

This is dumb. Scrabble is only as satanic as the people who play it.

Dr. Santiago Solo 04-11-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious Agnostic (Post 171128)

Precisely :sinner: Every single one of them...

revrggreen 04-11-2008 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curious Agnostic (Post 171128)

So you admit that everyone who plays Scrabble is Satanic. :angry:

OhSweetSatan 04-16-2008 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrggreen (Post 168444)

Friends,

I recently received a letter from a good Christian woman, who was worried by her 13 years old son's behavior. She had walked in on him, and two of his male friends, playing the so-called children's word game - 'Scrabble' - and was horrified by what she found!

You would think that spelling these sort of words would lose you the game, but surprisingly a small and perverted word like 'queer' is worth a massive 42 points with a triple word score! While a word like 'love' is only worth 7 points!

Naturally the poor woman was terrified - as she thought this meant her poor son was a 'queer' himself! For she had assumed they were playing some sort of 'Fag-Edition' of Scrabble! That was when I went on to investigate, and was shocked by what I found!

For this was NOT some sort of pervert-edition they were playing, but actually the normal edition, on sale in all children's toy stores! Yes, these are the kinds of sick words children are being exposed to when playing this game!

Not only that, but this evil game's true nature is exposed when you find out the word 'God' is worth a measly 5 points, while the 'Devil' gets 9 points! Terrifying! This sick game actually gives Lucifer almost double the score of God!

Scrabble is evil, and a tool of the Devil! Any parent who allows their child to play this Satanic game is guilty of child abuse, and in need of serious psychiatric help!

Better keep your children away from the alphabet too, it spells all sorts of nasty words! Again i ask you is this a serious thread? Its scabble, its just a mere coincidence that those words score so high. Devil gets 9 points because it has 5 letters, God gets 5 points because it has 3 letters. Wow.

Old Iron Crotch 04-16-2008 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhSweetJ3sus (Post 173545)
Better keep your children away from the alphabet too, it spells all sorts of nasty words! Again i ask you is this a serious thread? Its scabble, its just a mere coincidence that those words score so high. Devil gets 9 points because it has 5 letters, God gets 5 points because it has 3 letters. Wow.

Not to mention that the point value of a word varies greatly depending on the use of double/triple letter/word spaces, and whether the word is placed in such a way as to create other words in the process.

For example, if
D
E
V
I
L
was on the board

and you added the letters G and O in front of the D,

it would be worth less points than if
E
V
I
L

was on the board
and you added the letters G, O, and D across the top with the D ending up on top of the E.

In the first case, you would have only created one new word, "GOD" but in the second case, you would have created two new words "GOD" and "DEVIL" so it would be worth more points.

Jonesy 04-16-2008 04:45 PM

I think its just immature to be spelling out rude words while playing an game which betters your grammar and spelling skills.

Pastor Ezekiel 04-17-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Jones (Post 173613)
I think its just immature to be spelling out rude words while playing an game which betters your grammar and spelling skills.

Pay no attention to Dances Without God. She revels in offering instruction on how best to anger God. :angry:

Nobar King 04-17-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dances without Joy (Post 173588)
Not to mention that the point value of a word varies greatly depending on the use of double/triple letter/word spaces, and whether the word is placed in such a way as to create other words in the process.

For example, if
D
E
V
I
L
was on the board

and you added the letters G and O in front of the D,

it would be worth less points than if
E
V
I
L

was on the board
and you added the letters G, O, and D across the top with the D ending up on top of the E.

In the first case, you would have only created one new word, "GOD" but in the second case, you would have created two new words "GOD" and "DEVIL" so it would be worth more points.

I don't play scrabble, but just because God is worth fewer points than devil doesn't mean the game is holy; just the opposite. However, I think your point tally is faulty; you diagrammed the same wordplay twice and they both score the same amount.

Old Iron Crotch 04-17-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobar King (Post 173964)
I don't play scrabble, but just because God is worth fewer points than devil doesn't mean the game is holy; just the opposite. However, I think your point tally is faulty; you diagrammed the same wordplay twice and they both score the same amount.

The same words ended up being formed, but because of the fact that one play created only one new word, while the other created two, the one that created two got more points.

Look at it more closely, and you'll understand.

If you start with
- - D
- - E
- - V
- - I
- - L,

and add G and O to make
G O D
- - E
- - V
- - I
- - L,

you've only created on enew word, "GOD," so you only get the points fot that one word.

If you start with
- - E
- - V
- - I
- - L,
and add the letters G, O, and D to make

G O D
- - E
- - V
- - I
- - L,

then you've created two new words, "GOD" and "DEVIL" and you get the points for both.

See the difference now?

Dr. Otto Bond Sr. 04-17-2008 04:29 PM

My solution comes in two steps: 1.) Burn the game for the ability to spell such words; 2.) Beat the hell out of the kids for using the game for Ungodly reasons. Everyone wins! Glory!