The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I'm afraid (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=106437)

Raybird 07-16-2015 07:46 PM

I'm afraid

I think I am on the way to losing my job.

Please pray for me that I don't

Thanks

Ray

WickedWitch 07-16-2015 08:01 PM

Re: I'm afraid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1152010)
Please pray for me that I don't.

I will; but why do you think you will be fired?

Good luck!
~Alicia

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1152010)
I think I am on the way to losing my job.

Please pray for me that I don't

Thanks

Ray

So, instead of actually doing your job to the standards required, you come begging for a handout (prayers from the True Christians™)? :hmmm:

Maybe you haven't tithed enough yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152012)
I will...

Just, why??

Raybird 07-16-2015 09:10 PM

Well, I'm in sales and I'm working very hard, but the numbers are not there. Business has been bad.

I've been given a serious warning.

By the way Didymos or whoever you are, the title they have posted for you is pretty accurate as far as I'm concerned.
I think Jesus taught for people to treat others as they would like to be treated remember? Not talk to them in an arrogant and obnoxious manner.

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1152023)
...By the way Didymos or whoever you are, the title they have posted for you is pretty accurate as far as I'm concerned...

So what? Why should the opinion of some dude on the internet who hasn't even read the Bible matter to me? Let alone one who's seemingly obsessed with finding justification for domestic battery and assault? :finger:

Quote:

...I think Jesus taught for people to treat others as they would like to be treated remember?...
You think wrong. Very, very wrong.

Quote:

...Not talk to them in an arrogant and obnoxious manner.
Seriously? Read the Gospels again. See how much of His time is spent haranguing EVERYONE. The Pharisees, His own mother, even His disciples, they all get the "yer doon it wrong and goin' t' Hell, now start with the praising because, like, I'm God and shit".

WickedWitch 07-16-2015 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1152013)
Quote:

Originally Posted by My Lovely Self
I will[...]

Just, why??

Because I'm a nice person and I don't wish bad things on anyone? Why shouldn't I offer up a prayer on his behalf?

Quote:

Well, I'm in sales and I'm working very hard, but the numbers are not there. Business has been bad.

Oh, I see. That is a difficult situation. Well, I do wish you the best with that. :)

Raybird 07-16-2015 10:04 PM

Didymus

For your information I have read the Bible. Front to cover. I don't think you have otherwise you would not be talking this way to me. You don't know Jesus.
That is very obvious

I am not obsessed with any kind of assault or battery. I'm just a christian man married to a good chrstian woman. We BOTH agreed to practice CDD
some years ago. We have had a very happy marriage. You're trying to talk about something you know nothing about. I have never assaulted or bruised my wife and I never will.

I just like sharing with others to get new ideas and advice.

While we're on the subject let me give you some advice.

Grow up.

To Wicked Witch.- You don't seem very wicked to me. I appreciate your kindness.

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152032)
Because I'm a nice person and I don't wish bad things on anyone? Why shouldn't I offer up a prayer on his behalf?...

Why not do something that might actually make a difference?

Oh, I get it. You don't like the wanna-be wife beater, either.

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1152042)
...For your information I have read the Bible. Front to cover...

Then how have you missed the message so badly? :confused:

Quote:

...I don't think you have otherwise you would not be talking this way to me. You don't know Jesus...
Yeah, I know that because all the True Christians™ (including the pastors) are always all over every last one of my posts telling how much of the Bible I get wrong.

Oh, wait... :D

Quote:

...Grow up...
See previous comment about "some dude on the internet". :finger:

WickedWitch 07-16-2015 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raybird (Post 1152042)
To Wicked Witch.- You don't seem very wicked to me. I appreciate your kindness.

Thank you. And you're welcome. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1152043)
Why not do something that might actually make a difference? Who says prayers don't make a difference?

Oh, I get it. You don't like the wanna-be wife beater, either.

Actually, I'm not convinced that the relationship in question is abusive. Normally, when talking about CDD, that would be my automatic assumption: that domestic abuse was taking place, but it sounds like it's consensual. Which then makes it no different from a consensual BDSM-based relationship. It's not my cup of tea, but as long as it's consensual and the relationship continues to be happy, healthy, and fulfilling for both parties, and as long as no one is seriously harmed and both parties know that the practice can stop at any time, I don't see the problem with it.

I have to take Ray at his word that this is the kind of relationship that he and his wife have, obviously, but I don't feel he's given me any reason to doubt his word.

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152050)
...Who says prayers don't make a difference?...

I did not refer to prayers in general, but to your prayers, and the Bible says they are useless (and around here, what the Bible says is accepted as truth; hadn't you noticed that, at least? :huh:).

Quote:

...when talking about CDD, that would be my automatic assumption: that domestic abuse was taking place, but it sounds like it's consensual...
Sure, take the wife-beater's word for it. :facepalm:

WickedWitch 07-16-2015 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1152057)
Sure, take the wife-beater's word for it.

Quote:

I have to take Ray at his word that this is the kind of relationship that he and his wife have, obviously, but I don't feel he's given me any reason to doubt his word.

Not so good with the reading comprehension, are you?

Didymus Much 07-16-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152059)
Not so good with the reading comprehension, are you?

Please, read what I wrote. You ARE taking his word for it, and he IS an admitted wife-beater (aside: somehow, that's NOT a red flag for you?!). Then tell me about reading comprehension, k? :rolleyes:

WickedWitch 07-16-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1152062)
You ARE taking his word for it

Because...
Quote:

I don't feel he's given me any reason to doubt his word.

and he IS an admitted wife-beater (aside: somehow, that's NOT a red flag for you?!).

It is not a red flag because I believe it to be consensual, if evidence to the contrary presents itself I will adjust my beliefs accordingly. I thought you Americans were all about that "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

Now stop derailing this thread, n00b, and begone.‎

Didymus Much 07-17-2015 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152067)
‎...It is not a red flag because I believe it to be consensual, if evidence to the contrary presents itself I will adjust my beliefs accordingly...

So if someone tells you, "It's just a cold sore"...

I mean, hey until you actually see that positive herpes test result, you have no reason to doubt them.

And no one has ever lied on the internet. :rofl3:

Quote:

...I thought you Americans were all about that "innocent until proven guilty" thing...
I'm not, and they aren't (can you say "Saddam Hussein and the WMDs"? I knew you could), and you should pull your rose-tinted snow goggles off.

Quote:

...Now stop derailing this thread, n00b, and begone.‎
Lemme see here, oh yeah, 7x as many posts as yours, hon B). Stuff that "n00b" crap back into the seven years you weren't even here.

As for trying to tell me what I can and cannot do here, here's a Pastor Ezekiel approved :finger:.

Rachael Van Helsing 07-17-2015 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152012)
I will; but why do you think you will be fired?

Good luck!
~Alicia

To who, though? :D

WickedWitch 07-17-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1152069)

Lemme see here, oh yeah, 7x as many posts as yours, hon B).

Quality over quantity, the empty vessel makes the loudest noise and all that. :)

Stuff that "n00b" crap back into the six years you weren't even here.

That's exactly my point. I have been away from these forums longer than you have been a member. You will always be a n00b to me.

As for trying to tell me what I can and cannot do here, here's a Pastor Ezekiel approved :finger:.

As to that, I can't imagine Zeke approving of any of the things you do with your fingers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachael Van Helsing (Post 1152073)
To who, though? :D

Yeah, I left that part blank intentionally, lol. ;)

Didymus Much 07-17-2015 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WickedWitch (Post 1152076)
‎...You will always be a n00b to me...

Being called a "noob" by someone who hasn't figured out the "Quote" function yet is like being called "pathetic" by a Belieber. :D

Freddy Osborne 07-17-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:

Hello Mr. Bird,

Sorry to hear your business stinks. What exactly are you trying to sell? To whom?

You should remember Deuteronomy 8:18

"But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day."

The Lord is probably punishing you for peddling un-Righteous wares to un-Righteous people.

Pastor Ezekiel 07-17-2015 05:15 AM

Dear Ray;

I implore you to ignore the demonic babblings of any and all of the degenerate miscreants who slither in here on their master satan's orders to deceive and disrupt my ministry. If a witch or an atheist tells you that the sky is blue, I strongly advise you to call them liars. They are as deceitful as satan himself.

As for your job, it seems likely that Jesus is trying to show you a different path. When you get fired from your current job, my advice is to sell everything you own and donate every cent you can get your hands on to God's favorite Church (Landover Baptist Church) just as fast as you can.

I personally guarantee that your returns will be TEN TIMES GREATER than your Love Offering. That's how Jesus rewards those with sufficient Faith. Shout GLORY! :thumbsup:

YIC,

---Pastor Ezekiel