The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   God's Plan of Salvation (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=21492)

Pastor Billy-Reuben 04-21-2009 06:43 PM

God's Plan of Salvation

1. The first thing you have to do is to recognize that you are a depraved sinner, and that nothing you do on your own is good enough for God. Understand that the commission of a single sin, no matter how insignificant it seems to you, deserves eternal torment in Hell. (Rom 3:23, Mt 13:41, Rom 5:12, I Jn 1:10, Is 64:6)

2. The second thing you have to do is to give up any and all sin from your life. Repent, just stop sinning, and turn your life over to the Lord. Do His will, and forget about your own will. (Lk 13:5, Acts 17:30) Remember, sin is rebellion. Every time you do what you want to do instead of what God wants to do, you are telling God that you know better than He does.

3. Believe that the only way that God could avert His own wrath was to sacrifice Himself to Himself, and then resurrect Himself. (Rom 10:9)

4. Invite Jesus into your life, with a prayer like the following:
Dear God,
I know that I am a worthless depraved sinner, hated in your sight. I know that I am not worthy of your grace, and I know that I deserve to be tormented forever in the Hell that You created for me. I believe that Jesus died for my sin, and I am willing to turn from sin and live my life only for you. I now invite Jesus into my life and heart as my personal Savior.

Amen
(Rom 10:10)

5. Read your Bible every day. It is God's literal Word to man. As a saved Christian, you are expected to do God's Will, and reading the Bible is the only way to know what His Will is. (II Tim 2:15, Ps 119:105)

6. Get baptized, and worship and fellowship with other saved Christians in a church where God's will is preached and where the King James Bible is the only authority. (Mt 28:19, Heb 10:25, II Tim 3:16)

I highly recommend signing up for the forum at http://www.landoverbaptist.net/ . Start a thread in the introduction section, letting us know who you are, how you got saved, and what are some of your favorite Bible passages.

7. Set up a rigorous tithing schedule, and cheerfully give everything you can. You don't have to worry about your own needs, because God has promised to take care of you. If you worry about rent, medicine, or food when deciding how much to tithe, then you are showing that you don't trust God. If you give abundantly, God will reward you abundantly, but if you are stingy or give grudgingly, then don't expect many favors from God. (Lk 12:22-33,II Cor 9)

Pastor Billy-Reuben

Bobby-Joe 04-21-2009 07:52 PM

Re: God's Plan of Salvation

Godly post Pastor.

It is amazing how few people are willing to avail themselves of these simple and logical steps. I suppose it is to be expected since God's message of Love is also written on the hearts of all men and yet they chose not to listen to themselves. It is sad to see people turning God's unconditional love aside for eternal damnation.

missionmindedtex 12-23-2009 08:26 AM

We have a pro blum Brother. Make that two.

One. I fuond this to be one of the very few Tru christian sits ohn the web. unly to bee told its cheez.

my page says unsaved trash. You are a voyce o reason among godless men Can you fix it?

Gabriel Reproba 12-23-2009 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missionmindedtex (Post 434220)
We have a pro blum Brother. Make that two.

One. I fuond this to be one of the very few Tru christian sits ohn the web. unly to bee told its cheez.

my page says unsaved trash. You are a voyce o reason among godless men Can you fix it?

Learn to write in proper American and then maybe we could understand a word of what you are trying to say here. Unless you are typing in tongues, in which case, SHOUT GLORY!!!!

Pastor Rune Enoe 12-23-2009 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben (Post 317086)
7. Set up a rigorous tithing schedule, and cheerfully give everything you can.

Brother Billy-Reuben!

Your post brought a tear to this old man's eye. Having been appointed Landover's Tithing Manager I fail to see how anybody can not understand God's Simple Plan of Salvation.

Remember the lesson of the widow's mites:

Mark 12:42 And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
Mark 12:43 And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
Mark 12:44 For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

There's a beautiful moral in this pericope, and the lesson, which comes right from the sweet full lips of Baby Jesus himself, is that it doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Jesus will love you just the same, as long as you give all you've got.:thumbsup:

Petal 01-01-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Proone Danish (Post 434391)
Jesus will love you just the same, as long as you give all you've got.:thumbsup:

:blink: what if you gots no moneys, will lord God take a i.o.u? an what abouts my borther, cuz all he gots be boogers an earwax :icon8:. he gives it away tho, he clean his nose an ears wiv his finger an then he chase me an then he wipe them ickys on my head :(. i thinks he need to gives it all up to lord God, make a big bawl of boogers an earwax an throw it up to the sky, up to bootiful Jesus:wub:, it be a kinda schmelly an gross tithe but it be the thawt that counts? i not no :unsure:

LeftHandOvGod 05-14-2010 01:51 PM

Plz excuz me as my enlish is por.
I a strong christian from Afghanistan.
am I goin to be savd?
WHEN THE WRATH OF THE LORD COMES DOWN, AND THE HEAVENS BRING DOWN THE UNRELENTING FURY OF THE ALMIGHTY, SHALL I BE SAVED?
WHO WILL BE SAVED? WILL YOU BE SAVED? NO. WILL I BE SAVED? NO.
THE ALMIGHTY WILL PURGE ALL OF THE FILTH AND SIN OF HUMANITY UNTIL WE ARE NOTHING BUT DUST. YOU SHALL ALL PAY FOR YOUR
INJUSTICE. FOR I AM STANDING AT THE LEFT HAND OF GOD. YOU MERE MORTALS ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF A MAGGOTS PRESCENCE. BOW DOWN. BOW DOWN.
is ther hop fur me?
:jesus:

Bobby-Joe 05-14-2010 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeftHandOvGod (Post 521879)
am I goin to be savd?
WHEN THE WRATH OF THE LORD COMES DOWN, AND THE HEAVENS BRING DOWN THE UNRELENTING FURY OF THE ALMIGHTY, SHALL I BE SAVED?
WHO WILL BE SAVED? WILL YOU BE SAVED? NO. WILL I BE SAVED? NO.
THE ALMIGHTY WILL PURGE ALL OF THE FILTH AND SIN OF HUMANITY UNTIL WE ARE NOTHING BUT DUST. YOU SHALL ALL PAY FOR YOUR
INJUSTICE. FOR I AM STANDING AT THE LEFT HAND OF GOD. YOU MERE MORTALS ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY OF A MAGGOTS PRESCENCE. BOW DOWN. BOW DOWN.
is ther hop fur me?
:jesus:

There some reason you can't be bothered to read the OP that talks about this or should be ban you right here for being the 4chan bore you so clearly are?

Phoenix 05-14-2010 02:21 PM

Quote:

Pikheyr,

Aya ta pa Pakhto khabarey kawalai shey?

Cranky Old Man 05-14-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishina (Post 521901)
Pikheyr, Aya ta pa Pakhto khabarey kawalai shey?

Can I get mine with tomato ketchup?

WinterFresh 05-14-2010 02:59 PM

Quote:

is ther hop fur me?

I don't think so. lol

Robert Jones 05-14-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterFresh (Post 521919)
I don't think so. lol

You're one to talk. :thumbdown:

Submissive wife 03-04-2014 01:05 AM

Oh my, I have so many questions about sin and salvation, I respectfully ask if this is the right thread for those questions. Before you ask, yes I do have my husbands permission to post.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-04-2014 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Submissive wife (Post 1070643)
Oh my, I have so many questions about sin and salvation, I respectfully ask if this is the right thread for those questions. Before you ask, yes I do have my husbands permission to post.

Confidential Christian Counseling available here. Click on the link at the bottom of my signature.

Diesel Stanford 04-05-2018 07:20 PM

Amen, brother, true, salvation is like the ABC :jesus:

But the name "Evangelical Outreach" confuses me. There is another institution by that name in Washington, Pennsylvania, which is sadly lead by an idiot called Dan Corner, who hates the Holy King James Bible, only use corrupt modern translations and calls the King James only movement a cult and legalistic, when it is actually the voice of the truth. Plus, he twists lots of scriptures and hands out a false plan of salvation.