The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47186)

librarian 01-25-2012 12:25 PM

Re: Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 841458)
are you simply trying to Google your way to salvation?Z. Smyth

I am sorry if I made that impression. It was an honest mistake.
It is not in my intention to "google my way to salvation", but rather I am trying to reach an understanding in accordance to the bible. For me, salvation comes within the understanding of the bible.

The full text of the scripture is as follows: "And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God".

But still, my question stands. I am hoping you could explain to me how it is in agreement to this thread. Thank you for helping me out.

Zechariah Smyth 01-25-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841460)
It is not in my intention to "google my way to salvation", but rather I am trying to reach an understanding in accordance to the bible. For me, salvation comes within the understanding of the bible.

The full text of the scripture is as follows: "And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God".

But still, my question stands. I am hoping you could explain to me how it is in agreement to this thread. Thank you for helping me out.

How about this: tell me IN YOUR OWN WORDS why you feel that it is in disagreement with this thread, and what is the catalyst for your concern. Surely you are not implying that the KJV Bible is contradictory in any way whatsoever?

Please be honest: this is where the rubber meets the road.

YiC,

Zech

librarian 01-25-2012 01:03 PM

What I do understand so far, is that Jesus took pity on the poor and blessed them with the kingdom of God (specially his disciples as they were the ones that Jesus was addressing).

Also, I am quite sure that there is also passage during the last supper of Jesus ans his disciples, when Jesus said something to Judas before Judas leaves in order to betray Jesus. The disciples that was with Jesus during this event, assumed that Judas left because either Jesus had commanded him to buy supplies or give money to the poor. The point is that Jesus' disciples had expectations that Jesus commanded Judas to give money to the poor, showing that they believe Jesus have compassion for the poor or at least pity.
I am not a bible expert so I cannot quote the exact texts on command or tell which exact scripture was it from. But because you had been pointing out my reliance on google to find texts I had read before but not memorized, I did not search for the said text. But if you want, I can find it and post it here.

librarian 01-25-2012 01:15 PM

About the contradictory thing, no, I do not believe the Bible would contradict itself. I have great respect for it and I believe it is the guide to truth.

On that point, I have yet to read a Bible qoute on this thread that points out that the God condemns or hates the poor. In fact I just remembered a law in ancient Israel I have read once. It tells about the way farmers should gather their crops (i am not sure of the plant mentioned). I believe it mentions about how farmers should not go back and get the missed (or fallen) grains to gather them so poor people (again not sure without researching, but i think its widows?) can take them so they have something to eat.

If you want, I can take my time to do research. But I am quite sure you remember about it. Again, I do not claim myself any expert on anything, just somebody who wants to learn. I just read a lot and had gathered my own understanding of the bible. Its just I want guidance in understanding it, because as a human being i am bound to make mistakes or misunderstand God's word.

librarian 01-25-2012 01:30 PM

My concern about this is the way long time members of this forum view the poor. I believe that the bible and God takes pity and even blesses the poor with His kingdom. The behavior of most of the members here are not in accordance or in the footsteps of Jesus. I have seen them post how the poor are vermin and vile beings, and that God will kill them in his own time.

I am searching for the truth and therefore, I need to know if I am in the wrong viewpoint or I have yet to find the Truth in another place.

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

You do know, God had the KJV Bible written so any person could understand it, right?
First off, if you know grammer, then you can say it like a conversation
"And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples,"
This means God raised His eyes at Hie disciples. Typically thing means indignant.
"and said, "
I hope this is pretty clear
"Blessed be ye poor"
Here is saying you are fortunate to have poor people
"for yours is the kingdom of God".
Your homes are mine.

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841471)
My concern about this is the way long time members of this forum view the poor. I believe that the bible and God takes pity and even blesses the poor with His kingdom. The behavior of most of the members here are not in accordance or in the footsteps of Jesus. I have seen them post how the poor are vermin and vile beings, and that God will kill them in his own time.

I am searching for the truth and therefore, I need to know if I am in the wrong viewpoint or I have yet to find the Truth in another place.

The poor have purpose. They are here to serve thier betters just as we are here to serve God. I do not have to like the poor anymore than God has to like me.

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 08:38 PM

If you would read the Bible instead of fixating, you might of found this:
Quote:

Proverbs 19:7
All the brethren of the poor do hate him: how much more do his friends go far from him? he pursueth them with words, yet they are wanting to him.
and this:
Quote:

Proverbs 14:20
The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich hath many friends.

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-25-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

I think you have a problem with simple reading comprehension.

In the Scripture you quote, Jesus is speaking specifically to His disciples.

He is not saying, "Blessed are ALL THE poor". No, He's saying, "Blessed are YOU poor".

In other words, "You, disciples, who gave up your possessions to follow me, are blessed even though you lack earthly wealth, because you will inherit the kingdom of God".

It doesn't mean, "All poor people go to Heaven"!

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 841611)

Heheheh, you had me rolling on that one, Reverend! :rofl3:

Bobby-Joe 01-25-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841471)

Friend,

Show me a poor person who hasn't died and I will accept your point.

librarian 01-25-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841468)
What I do understand so far, is that Jesus took pity on the poor and blessed them with the kingdom of God (specially his disciples as they were the ones that Jesus was addressing).

That qoute was from my post where I explained my beliefs in my own language, if you would have just read the next few posts I made after the initial one. And Nowhere have I sad that all poor goes to heaven.

Also, may I qoute with its correct context Proverbs 14:20-21
Quote:

The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: But the rich hath many friends.
He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth:
But he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 09:28 PM

librarian 01-25-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841650)

Please read Proverbs 14:21 also. It is a part of the bible and it is wrong to ignore God's word just because it conflicts with your personal belief.

And let me just say, thanks for James Hutchins for pointing out this bible text for me. I am no expert so I do not know everything and his bible qoute earlier helped me find it.

James Hutchins 01-25-2012 09:41 PM

21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth:
But he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
Two messages here both plain and simple.
1)Do not despise your neighbour. This simply means you have to live next ti them. Until you can make them move, do not give them cause to harass you.
The second part is just as simple.
2)It means have mercy (feel sorry for) the poor as they are too stupid to know any better.

Again, do not 'read into it', the Bible is plain, simple and direct.

librarian 01-25-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841658)
21 He that despiseth his neighbour sinneth:
But he that hath mercy on the poor, happy is he.
Two messages here both plain and simple. Do not despise your neighbour. This simply means you have to live next ti them. Until you can make them move, do not give them cause to harass you.
The second part is just as simple. It means have mercy (feel sorry for) the poor as they are too stupid to know any better.

Analysing the meaning of mercy, at its basic definition, it means feel sorry for as you pointed out. Also, the previous texts are all in the same context therefore, it is about also about the poor. Basically, in its over simplified version, it means you must not hate the poor, instead you must take pity on them. But having pity on someone is not a shallow emotion, despite what it sounds. In order for a person to take pity on someone, he must have first empathy and sympathy. Sympathy involves concern, therefore, a person must be concerned on the welfare of the poor before he can take pity on him.

Also, examining other translations, the word used in the original Proverbs can be translated to mercy (KJV). But it does not stop to being mercyful. In other translation
Quote:

ESV
but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.
Quote:

NIV1984
but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.
Quote:

NLT
blessed are those who help the poor.
And it goes on.

librarian 01-25-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

1)Do not despise your neighbour. This simply means you have to live next ti them. Until you can make them move, do not give them cause to harass you.
The second part is just as simple.
An off topic point I have noticed is that "do not despise your neighbour" means in simple terms, you must not hate your neighbour. Thus, making them move out of disdain or hatred, either by indirect or direct means is a sin. Hatred is not an action but an emotion felt in the heart.
God can read all of our hearts, and so he judges accordingly.

librarian 01-25-2012 10:23 PM

Anothe bible verse I found while reading the Proverbs 14:31,
Quote:

Proverbs 14:31
He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker:
But he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor.

This, I believe is in a complete disagreement on the emotions voiced earlier in this forum. Again, if I am mistaken, feel free to correct me.

librarian 01-25-2012 10:43 PM

I just discovered a very good functio of biblegateway.com that allows me to search a term and show me all of verses it was mentioned on.
Here are a few I found when I researched the word "poor". Please read them all as they are instructions from GOD.

Please take note that all the texts are not in complete context as everyone can read the whole context on their own.
Exodus 23:11, Leviticus 19:10, Leviticus 23:22 - As what I have mentioned earlier about the farming methids of the israelites.

Leviticus 14:21, Leviticus 14:21, Leviticus 27:8 - It shows how the poor are given consideration in serving God, showing they are all in equal footing with rich man in front of God and letting them to worship and sacrifice what they can afford.

Deuteronomy 15:7, Deuteronomy 15:11 - How the poor are given help, not just ignored.

1 Samuel 2:8 = The priveledge of the poor.

The list goes on and it would be too exhaustive to list them all. Do a search of all verses if you are interested to learn more.

Redeemed Papist 01-25-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

I think you have a problem with simple reading comprehension.

In the Scripture you quote, Jesus is speaking specifically to His disciples.

He is not saying, "Blessed are ALL THE poor". No, He's saying, "Blessed are YOU poor".

In other words, "You, disciples, who gave up your possessions to follow me, are blessed even though you lack earthly wealth, because you will inherit the kingdom of God".

I've just had a lesson in humility. I always assumed this was bleeding obvious and didn't need to be explained but now I realise how deluded the unsaved really are that they don't get this. I am allowing myself to get out of touch and take far too much basic intelligence for granted.

librarian 01-25-2012 11:00 PM

I like it how people here are ignoring comments, especially ones that are riddled with Bible texts if they are posted by non-longtime members of this forum.

Brother Percy, i also learned humility when I have read 1 Samuel 2:8. I hope you enjoy the same lesson I have learned.

Bobby-Joe 01-25-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841686)
I like it how people here are ignoring comments, especially ones that are riddled with Bible texts if they are posted by non-longtime members of this forum.

Brother Percy, i also learned humility when I have read 1 Samuel 2:8. I hope you enjoy the same lesson I have learned.

Friend,

You are confusing the issue here. Yes, compassion should be shown to the poor. Just we TRUE Christians™ know the best way to help the poor is teach them to ask for jobs and not welfare checks. Some times it takes tough love to deliver these messages. We want the poor to self-deport themselves from poverty.

The question this thread raises is about the greedy poor? Those poor people who want to steal the food from the table of hard working American executives. The poor who think they should be given welfare, foodstamps, unemployment, health care and steaks because they live in this great country and that CEO trashed the company they work for. That friend is just theft.

We both agree theft is wrong friend?

librarian 01-25-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 841696)
Friend,

You are confusing the issue here. Yes, compassion should be shown to the poor. Just we TRUE Christians™ know the best way to help the poor is teach them to ask for jobs and not welfare checks. Some times it takes tough love to deliver these messages. We want the poor to self-deport themselves from poverty.

The question this thread raises is about the greedy poor? Those poor people who want to steal the food from the table of hard working American executives. The poor who think they should be given welfare, foodstamps, unemployment, health care and steaks because they live in this great country and that CEO trashed the company they work for. That friend is just theft.

We both agree theft is wrong friend?

We know all too well about the topic of this thread and I agree with you.

I do understand that there are poor people that are simply lazy and are sinners. But, not all poor are sinners and not all of them are lazy. But the hate and generalization of all the poor I have witnessed in this thread is simply against the Bible, as shown in those verses I have mentioned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lee (Post 566948)
Poverty, on the other hand, indicates God's displeasure. You yourself, for example, are poor, aren't you? --as if I need to ask.

According to the bible verses I have found out, this is not true. God even helps them out by helpful laws. And would they be present among princes if God is displeased on them (1 Samuel 2:8).

Quote:

Originally Posted by H. Montague Worthington (Post 567265)
The poor are the most vile beings on God's earth. They're vermin.

Poverty is not the lack of anything, but a positive plague, virulent in itself, contagious as cholera, with filth, criminality, vice and despair as only a few of its symptoms. It is to be stayed away from, even for purposes of study. It is to be shunned.

The bible verses I have mentioned shows that the poor should be pitied upon and they need help, not shunned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 634924)
Because first, who are we to judge them? God will starve the scum to death in a slow and horrible way on His time. Second, the moral example the poor provide. No one would be virtuous if there was no penalty for being immoral. If all the poor were gassed and killed everyone would forget how disgusting a poor person really is and they would go right off sinning again. No, only by stepping over the body of a bum slowly dying in a filth filled gutter can a virtuousness man know he is one of the good.

According to 1 Samuel 2:8, this is not true. And no virtuous man should just step over a dying man (the parable of the good samaritan).

Quote:

Taking in account 1 Samuel 2:8 and taking it word per word and not reading into the verse, literal application should include every poor people as no exclusions was mentioned. But then again, we need to read into it and cross reference it with other bible texts, therefore we can say that sinners whether poor or rich are not found in the kingdom of God.

Again, 1 Samuel 2:8 shows that the poor and rich are equal in front of God as He set them on thrones among princes.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-26-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841703)
Again, 1 Samuel 2:8 shows that the poor and rich are equal in front of God as He set them on thrones among princes.

You obviously lack Christian Discernment. That verse refers to those who are Saved©, not some random lazy hobos.

God doesn't love everyone. Just potentially.

librarian 01-26-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 841719)
You obviously lack Christian Discernment. That verse refers to those who are Saved©, not some random lazy hobos.

God doesn't love everyone. Just potentially.

I believe I have answered this by the following in my post, second paragraph to the last.
Quote:

we can say that sinners whether poor or rich, are not found in the kingdom of God
The qouted message is in relation to my post about who is in the Kingdom of God.

And I believe I also mentioned my agreement that the poor who are simply lazy and sinners are not saved. Nowhere did I mention random hobos especially lazy ones that are saved.
The whole point of my posts are about the generalization(both sinners and non-sinners) and the hate centered towards the poor, which is in contempt of the scriptures I have posted earlier.

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841670)
Anothe bible verse I found while reading the Proverbs 14:31,
This, I believe is in a complete disagreement on the emotions voiced earlier in this forum. Again, if I am mistaken, feel free to correct me.

Yes friend, you are quite mistaken. But I forgive you. I am a True Christian™ after all.:innocent:

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841725)
I believe I have answered this by the following in my post, second paragraph to the last.

The qouted message is in relation to my post about who is in the Kingdom of God.

And I believe I also mentioned my agreement that the poor who are simply lazy and sinners are not saved. Nowhere did I mention random hobos especially lazy ones that are saved.
The whole point of my posts are about the generalization(both sinners and non-sinners) and the hate centered towards the poor, which is in contempt of the scriptures I have posted earlier.

Friend, if you follow God, live by His Word, you have the slightest chance of being Saved©. There are no guarantees in the Bible, just what you must do.:thumbsup:
Poor people do not try hard. That is why they are poor. I work six days a week, 16 hours a day, every day since I was a child. My field workers work just 12 hours a day, six days a week. The lesson here is you must put out the effort if you want the just rewards that God will provide the righteous.:innocent:

librarian 01-26-2012 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841728)
Yes friend, you are quite mistaken. But I forgive you. I am a True Christian™ after all.:innocent:

Thank and please make me understand as to what is my mistake. And help me understand what does that text really mean and if it does not really contradict with the emotions voiced in here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841730)
Friend, if you follow God, live by His Word, you have the slightest chance of being Saved©. There are no guarantees in the Bible, just what you must do.:thumbsup:
Poor people do not try hard. That is why they are poor. I work six days a week, 16 hours a day, every day since I was a child. My field workers work just 12 hours a day, six days a week. The lesson here is you must put out the effort if you want the just rewards that God will provide the righteous.:innocent:

Thank you for the lesson but as I know by experience, an honest days work gets you an honest day's pay. I also agree with you that there is no absolute guarantee in the bible. But those are beside my point.
As I have repeated again and again, my point is that this forum generalized all poor people into lazy and sinners and hated by God for being poor and such generalization and hate comments about them are against the scriptures I quoted.
I had to disagree with you on the note that poor people do not try hard. Some poor families juggle 2-4 jobs and still at loss how to make thing meet. Perhaps they did not have the chance for any sort of education, but they follow God's word. According to the generalization of this thread, since they are poor, they are vermin and will not receive God's favor.

Pastor Ezekiel 01-26-2012 01:51 AM

If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarian (Post 841734)
Thank and please make me understand as to what is my mistake. And help me understand what does that text really mean and if it does not really contradict with the emotions voiced in here?

Thank you for the lesson but as I know by experience, an honest days work gets you an honest day's pay. I also agree with you that there is no absolute guarantee in the bible. But those are beside my point.
As I have repeated again and again, my point is that this forum generalized all poor people into lazy and sinners and hated by God for being poor and such generalization and hate comments about them are against the scriptures I quoted.
I had to disagree with you on the note that poor people do not try hard. Some poor families juggle 2-4 jobs and still at loss how to make thing meet. Perhaps they did not have the chance for any sort of education, but they follow God's word. According to the generalization of this thread, since they are poor, they are vermin and will not receive God's favor.

You honestly think poor people work a lick when they are not being watched? I have over 200 people who live and work on my plantation. My family cannot watch all of them and every time my back is turned, they are standing around, drinking my water, taking a break. I play the daily services every Sunday through the PA at the workers compound for free to help those heathens turn their souls over to God. When I reprimand them, I always quote from the KJV Bible. If they did not fritter the good money I pay them away on movies and expensive gifts at the Plantation store, they could invest in stocks and various businesses like I did and make something of themselves. Instead, every week, they sign a chit to borrow against next weeks wages. I do everything a man can do for these ungrateful creatures. I resent your insinuations!

librarian 01-26-2012 02:29 AM

Are you sure that every single one of the people (more than 200) that work for you have sinned against you by not earning their honest day's pay? Could it be that perhaps you caught 100 people who have abused their privileges and the other 100 is innocent of your allegation? If that would be true, you are damning the whole for the misdemeanor don by the few. Thus labeling them all as lazy would be incorrect.
Let us just say that all of your workers and lazy and you are correct in labeling them as such, this does not make it true for all poor people.

Have you considered Christians that are under pressure by dictatorship government and they had disallowed Christian worship in that nation. And part of the dictator's punishment for them is strip them all of their belongings, including food, change of clothes and shelter. They are now considered poor, hungry and homeless. Had you seen them on the street begging for food because they can't work because they haven't eaten for days, would you stop and give them something to eat even if you don't know that they are Christians themselves?

Another hypothetical situation: He had known no other life than begging since he was a child. But suddenly, he comes to know about Jesus Christ and he wanted to change. He cannot find work because he have no decent clothes and no place would be willing to hire a beggar. He stays poor and dirty. Would you welcome him as a brother if he comes into your midst claiming he is a Christian despite being poor and dirty and homeless?

One more hypothetical situation and the last: If a soldier fighting for a righteous cause got hurt in battle. He cannot find or do work because of his disability. Neither he have a brothers nor sisters nor parents he can turn to for help. He has to feed 3 children and he is at his ends wit how to make end things meet. Thus he is considered poor. How would you help him?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 841736)
If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showt...741#post841741 Introduction Done

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 12:14 PM

We have surveillance cameras on all the fields as well as RFID neck collars. The system tracks movement and records a ID number anytime a person is not moving at least 2mph. So yes, we know when these people slack off. My family has to sped all their free time herding these layabouts. All of them are in debt to JHP, LLC and will likely never fully repay the debt. I have to eventually absorb the loss. You now it feels like every one of them dies here? I take a straight financial loss and then have to transport the body to potters field. All because these heathens refuse to give themselves to Jesus.

Billy Bob Jenkins 01-26-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Hutchins (Post 841865)
I take a straight financial loss and then have to transport the body to potters field. All because these heathens refuse to give themselves to Jesus.

Atheists and idolaters only think of themselves and their false gods when they have anal sex and piss off Jesus. They fail to realize how their premature death and eternal damnation affect the people they leave behind. If they cared about their children, they would homeschool them in Christian dogma. If they cared about YOU, brother, and YOUR needs, they would pray for strength so that they could repay their debts to you. Instead they are reserving all their strength for acts of sodomy as soon as you remove their collars. The harder you work them, the less sodomy they will be able to have. I know it is hard to watch so many people work. I will keep you in my prayers, brother.

James Hutchins 01-26-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 841911)
Atheists and idolaters only think of themselves and their false gods when they have anal sex and piss off Jesus. They fail to realize how their premature death and eternal damnation affect the people they leave behind. If they cared about their children, they would homeschool them in Christian dogma. If they cared about YOU, brother, and YOUR needs, they would pray for strength so that they could repay their debts to you. Instead they are reserving all their strength for acts of sodomy as soon as you remove their collars. The harder you work them, the less sodomy they will be able to have. I know it is hard to watch so many people work. I will keep you in my prayers, brother.

Kind and loving words, thank you Brother. I take solace in knowing God helps me as much as I deserve, often by enabling me to transfer the debts to the deceased family members.
I'll never understand why all these heathens do is drink the cheap rot gut from the Plantation store and complain. As most here know, a new employee is issued a pair of pants, a shirt, a pair of boot, a pair of gloves and a paperback copy of the KJV Bible. I sell these items to these 'people' at cost plus. I offer a place with a roof over their heads to sleep and spend their free time in. There are cots do rent as well as gently used blankets. Yet still, they spend more than they earn. The field bosses never tell me the workers discuss the Bible or how grateful they are. All these workers do is hiss in low tones. I will say, a few times I have driven by the chicken coops, I have heard exclamations of "Praise Jesus" and "Halp me Lordie, Halp me!!!" or "Dios Mio Jesus!!" so I guess a little bit of God is getting into them.

PaganKiller 01-28-2012 08:35 PM

Christ said it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man to get into heaven.
The Bible contains more than 300 verses on the poor, social justice, and God's deep concern for both.

Prov. 29:7. The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Luke 12:33. "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys."

Prov. 19:17. He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.

Luke 12:44. "Sell your possessions and give alms; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

And you call yourselves "true Christians" PAH!!

Rev. M. Rodimer 01-28-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaganKiller (Post 842673)

Do tell: Why are the poor in that condition?

Explain.

James Hutchins 01-28-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaganKiller (Post 842673)
Christ said it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than a rich man to get into heaven.
The Bible contains more than 300 verses on the poor, social justice, and God's deep concern for both.

Prov. 29:7. The righteous is concerned for the rights of the poor; the wicked does not understand such concern.

Luke 6:20-21. Blessed are you who are poor, for yours in the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Luke 12:33. "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys."

Prov. 19:17. He who is gracious to a poor man lends to the LORD, and He will repay him for his good deed.

Luke 12:44. "Sell your possessions and give alms; make yourselves purses which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near, nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

Of course all True Christians™ care about the poor and disenfranchised. I have extended my home and a few dollars to well over two hundred of the ungrateful thieving layabouts.

If we did not care, this thread would not exist. Your words hurt friend, they cut at my heart.

PeterEgan 03-03-2012 12:59 AM

Interestingly enough, Ayn Rand, author of Atlas Shrugged and among the most famous Americans to ever argue in support of greed, was a self-described atheist.

While I agree with the sentiments expressed by the individual who started this thread, since they are pretty much word-for-word Ayn Rand, I thought I should point out this strange fact.

As a longtime fan of Rand's work, I sometimes feel as though her work begs the question of whether it is possible for a person to be a messenger of the Lord here on earth without that person even knowing it. Anyone with an opinion on that question (I don't know the answer - although her work makes a compelling case for the possibility), your insights are much appreciated.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-03-2012 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterEgan (Post 854286)
Interestingly enough, Ayn Rand, author of Atlas Shrugged and among the most famous Americans to ever argue in support of greed, was a self-described atheist.

While I agree with the sentiments expressed by the individual who started this thread, since they are pretty much word-for-word Ayn Rand, I thought I should point out this strange fact.

As a longtime fan of Rand's work, I sometimes feel as though her work begs the question of whether it is possible for a person to be a messenger of the Lord here on earth without that person even knowing it. Anyone with an opinion on that question (I don't know the answer - although her work makes a compelling case for the possibility), your insights are much appreciated.

Rand was a pervert and an atheist. She's being sodomized by every demon in hell right now. :angry:

James Hutchins 03-03-2012 06:49 PM

Ayn Rand was a WOMAN????????????:fear2:

Has anyone ever flipped her over and checked?