The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Chinese Are Tearing Down Crosses. Are We Ready for War? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=114464)

Johny Joe Hold 03-25-2018 08:27 PM

The Chinese Are Tearing Down Crosses. Are We Ready for War?

I don't see how we Americans can stand by and simply watch the Chinese government tear down crosses. About 1,700 has been destroyed so far.

We invaded and conquered Afghanistan. Then we invaded and conquered Iraq. I cannot understand why we would not do the same with China. Are we going to sit on our hands and watch China destroy the symbol of Jesus?

https://www.christianpost.com/news/m...ent-xi-221990/

Basilissa 03-26-2018 12:49 AM

Re: The Chinese Are Tearing Down Crosses. Are We Ready for War?

As always, you came up with a brilliant idea, Brother Mayor. China may seem like a large area to conquer - but I'm sure it has been conquered countless times before, so our brave warriors can follow in the footsteps of all of the other armies that have undertaken the task of conquering China in the past. :thumbsup:

BrotherLarry 03-26-2018 03:03 AM

There is much history of the attempt to reach the Orientationals of Japan, China, and surrounding countries such as Indonesia, New Zealand, and France.

Throughout the Tang, Ming, and Carrington Dynasties, the LORD GOD has moved by both making it possible and, in His Sovereignty, impossible to carry out evangelizationical activities throughout slant territories.

Those interested in said history may do well to peruse THIS INTERESTING SITE.

It is very hard to reach individuals who speak other languages because they almost always insist that their language is superior to American. I am incredulous that the Japanese would continue to feel this way after we rocked their world in WW2. However, the Chinese Japs are very stubborn, it would appear. To those with diagonal vision, crosses must almost look like the shadow of the bomb that hit Hiroshima when the bomb hit that day, known as "The Day of the Bomb" or, "Ching chang chong bomb ching chang boom," in their odd-sounding tongue. Despite this crusade against the important symbol of our faith, I believe we must continue to pray and love those from 3rd world countries (China, Holland, Guam, Finland, etc) and shew unto them the power, yea, even the great and mighty power of prayer. It is my hard, firm belief that we should devote an entire day of prayer for the cross burnings or pully-outies to cease.

We could call it "Day of Prayer" or something like that. We could drop leaflets on those countries in American with pictures of people on their knees so the illiterates would understand what they are - plain and simple instructions on how to pray and what to pray (things like making the country Americanized, urging belief in Christ, the straightening of their eye sockets, etc: Isaiah 42:16).

-, not \ /.

It couldn't hurt to include 5x7 glossies of Pastor Ezekiel in those air drops, perhaps with the notation "This could be YOUR pastor, too." As Pastor has witnessed so many times to the heathen orientationals, perhaps they would recognize him and say, "This man good," of course they would use their language, "Ching chong ting tang walla walla bing bang Zeke." Oh, the thought of it just makes tears well up in my American, perfectly shaped eyes. If there are tear stains on this post, they are mine.

The situation may seem bleak, but remember, with GOD all things are possible (Matthew 19:26). The cross of Cavalry will return in earnest and in Shanghai! Glory! :thumbsup:

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 03-26-2018 07:26 AM

Maybe it's time for us to start knocking down Panda Express restaurants. Let's see how they like it when our American dollars stop flowing to China. :mad:

Johny Joe Hold 03-26-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Anthony J. Toole (Post 1229978)
Maybe it's time for us to start knocking down Panda Express restaurants. Let's see how they like it when our American dollars stop flowing to China. :mad:

Great strategy, Dr. Toole. If President Trump had federal troops take ownership of all the Panda Express restaurants the Chinese government would be brought to its knees. It would know we are serious about these crosses.

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-26-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 1229943)
I don't see how we Americans can stand by and simply watch the Chinese government tear down crosses. About 1,700 has been destroyed so far.

We invaded and conquered Afghanistan. Then we invaded and conquered Iraq. I cannot understand why we would not do the same with China.

The plan is already afoot! President Trump is to impose enormous tariffs on such Chinese goods as rice, plastic shoes, and Pokemon cards - thus economically weakened, China will be a push-over. :thumbsup:

keseos 03-28-2018 07:36 PM

Quote:

We invaded and conquered Afghanistan. Then we invaded and conquered Iraq. I cannot understand why we would not do the same with China. Are we going to sit on our hands and watch China destroy the symbol of Jesus?

America didn't go to Iraq or Afghanistan to conquer but to liberate the innocent which were under the control of a cruel dictatorship and to punish extremist groups in which you did illegally and against the UN. and their county isn't even Christen in the first place, plus you have no say in what their country does anyway.

Brother Gonzalez 03-28-2018 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230212)
America didn't go to Iraq or Afghanistan to conquer but to liberate the innocent

YES! 'Murrica NUMBER ONE! Police of the world!!!!

Great to see the young ones of today getting it right!!!

Quote:

which were under the control of a cruel dictatorship
Unlike China, who is under a extreme democratic regime...

Quote:

and to punish extremist groups in which you did illegally and against the UN.
So it is ok to invade a country to remove a government and install a new one, but not to invade to eliminate a terrorist threat.

Call me what you will, but the first thing is a domestic problem, and the second one has international implications.

Moreover, GOD told Bush to do it, so no one has a say in this, not the UN, not any other country in the world.

Quote:

and their county isn't even Christen in the first place, plus you have no say in what their country does anyway.
So USA has a say in what other Christian countries do? That is a step ahead. Thanks for letting us know.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-28-2018 08:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1229963)
As always, you came up with a brilliant idea, Brother Mayor. China may seem like a large area to conquer

It only looks that big on the obviously flawed global Earth world view. From a more realistic flat Earth perspective the story is much more differenter, I expect.

keseos 03-28-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Gonzalez (Post 1230214)
YES! 'Murrica NUMBER ONE! Police of the world!!!!

Great to see the young ones of today getting it right!!!

Unlike China, who is under a extreme democracy regime...

So it is ok to invade a country to remove a government and install a new one, but not to invade to eliminate a terrorist thread.

Call me what you will, but the first thing is a domestic problem, and the second one has international implications.

Moreover, GOD told Bush to do it, so no one has a say in this, not the UN, not any other country in the world.

So USA has a say in what other Christian countries do? That is a step ahead. Thanks for letting us know.

you have twisted what I have said to fuel your ego. you did both against the UN and the laws made for war after ww2 so you couldn't take your military into a county without their permission(which you didn't). not the USA but Christians can say for what other Christians can and cannot do. so did god also tell bush to kill thousands of innocent people who hadn't done anything wrong in their life to warrant their death religious or otherwise.
and in fact America is not police of the world but the one most likely to start ww3 and destroy the whole planet, and there was even a study done that stated every county excluding America thought America was going to start the next war, while America/Alaska thought it was Iran.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-28-2018 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230212)
America didn't go to Iraq or Afghanistan to conquer but to liberate the innocent which were under the control of a cruel dictatorship and to punish extremist groups in which you did illegally and against the UN. and their county isn't even Christen in the first place, plus you have no say in what their country does anyway.

Not so. Godly GW Bush was told directly by Jesus to invade those countries.

That’s why we won. That’s why America always wins. God was, is and forever will be on America’s side.

Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

YIC

keseos 03-28-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1230222)
Not so. Godly GW Bush was told directly by Jesus to invade those countries.

That’s why we won. That’s why America always wins. God was, is and forever will be on America’s side.

Psalm 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

YIC

so you're saying that 1) a god who never responds to anyone nor makes themselves known and 2) a guy who has been dead for over 2000 years suddenly decided that they were gonna talk.
god is on no ones side not even his kin's. if he was so godly how come he didn't turn water into wine but instead metal into a death count.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-28-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230221)
so did god also tell bush to kill thousands of innocent people who hadn't done anything wrong in their life to warrant their death religious or otherwise.

In a word yes. Jesus is not some panty waste.

Psalms 137:6-9 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones

Read that last bit: Jesus has commanded like a General since forever. If He told GW to smite those towel heads, they get smote!

YIC

Dr Laurence Niles 03-28-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230223)
so you're saying that 1) a god who never responds to anyone nor makes themselves known and 2) a guy who has been dead for over 2000 years suddenly decided that they were gonna talk.
god is on no ones side not even his kin's. if he was so godly how come he didn't turn water into wine but instead metal into a death count.

Young lady, history was obviously not a priority in your (probably public) school?

Jesus rose from the dead, Smarta**

YIC

Basilissa 03-28-2018 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230221)
you did both against the UN and the laws made for war after ww2 so you couldn't take your military into a county without their permission(which you didn't).

I'm only a female, but my understanding of an act of war is that it is bringing own troops into another country's territory without their permission - and the same definition of war applied before, during, and after WW2.

Quote:

there was even a study done that stated every county excluding America thought America was going to start the next war, while America/Alaska thought it was Iran.
:confused: Huh? Has Alaska became an independent country already? So we're back to 49 states in the Union? How come this didn't make the news?

keseos 03-28-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1230224)
In a word yes. Jesus is not some panty waste.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1230224)

Psalms 137:6-9 If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy. Remember, O LORD, the children of Edom in the day of Jerusalem; who said, Rase it, rase it, even to the foundation thereof. O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou hast served us. Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones

Read that last bit: Jesus has commanded like a General since forever. If He told GW to smite those towel heads, they get smote!

YIC

is Jesus not a pacifist?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1230226)
Young lady, history was obviously not a priority in your (probably public) school?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Laurence Niles (Post 1230226)

Jesus rose from the dead, Smarta**

YIC

yes he rose from the dead and then died again till the next coming aka the apocalypse. I am male I have always been male
Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1230229)
I'm only a female, but my understanding of an act of war is that it is bringing own troops into another country's territory without their permission - and the same definition of war applied before, during, and after WW2.

:confused: Huh? Has Alaska became an independent country already? So we're back to 49 states in the Union? How come this didn't make the news?

no it has not become independent but it isn't attached to the USA last I checked. and that isn't how war works, you have to send a formal letter stating that you're going to war with whoever is getting it and after that those laws don't have any legal holding.

Didymus Much 03-28-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230244)
...yes he rose from the dead and then died again till the next coming...

:huh: :facepalm:

keseos 03-28-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 1230246)
:huh: :facepalm:

I'm sorry when was the last time a person survived over 200 years while being completely anonymous.

Didymus Much 03-28-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keseos (Post 1230249)
I'm sorry when was the last time a person survived over 200 years while being completely anonymous.

Protip: knowing what the Bible says helps when arguing about it. :thumbsup:

WilliamJenningsBryan 03-29-2018 12:52 AM

Quote:

While I don't disagree here, you do have to hand it to the chinks in trying to preserve their "culture" and at the same time ridding their country of the purveyors of wafers, Mary worshiping, and bead slinging. Those fat smiling Buddha's are another matter however.

While we have our own priorities at the moment, we could take a lesson from them in ridding our country of mosques.

Quote:

. . . .

Earlier this month, Father Francis Liu, a Chinese priest, shared a video showing local officials tearing down crosses from the Shangqiu Catholic Church South Cathedral during a major raid in Henan.

The cathedral, which was sanctioned by the government, was subjected to five hours of occupation, during which crosses were removed from the building.

As Fu told CP, the government seems to be wanting to "Sinicize" religion, meaning it wants to promote and guide religion that is Chinese in orientation.