The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Prayer Needed for New Neighbor (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=114862)

BrotherLarry 06-10-2018 02:02 PM

Prayer Needed for New Neighbor

When Mrs. De La Croix moved out of the building, (she lived five doors down from me and usually smelled of wine), I heard the Lord whisper that I should be praying for the person or persons moving in because they "might be trouble." I immediately fell to my knees even though I was on 23rd Street at a busy time of day. The Lord expects obedience, you know.

Well, today I saw them moving in: a plain-looking, nondescript couple named the Johnsons (she is Joanna, He is Bertrand). I immediately asked them about their experience with the LORD but they wouldn't engage in any conversation about Jesus. One of the other neighbors came out to scope them - I mean, greet them - and I heard Bertrand say "I suppose you could describe us as proletarian." My jaw dropped. You see, we have a lot of Joos, Methodists, and a few Baptists in this building but even a search on JesOS failed to find a proletarian church nearby. I suspect they are part of a cult and will attempt to convert neighbors by the dozens.

In fact, Joanna Johnson mentioned a "floor get-together" so we could all get to know each other better. Well, I'm going and I'll be armed with tracts, my Bible, and a lot of Christian MP3's. More as this develops. I'm afraid our pleasant hamlet is going to turn into a place where people worship linoleum or worse. No wonder GOD told me to pray. Won't you join my petitions to Jesus?

As for me and my house, I will serve the LORD. Glory!

Nobar King 06-10-2018 06:12 PM

Re: Prayer Needed for New Neighbor

They're probably communist. You should ask them if they hacked our election.

Thomas Taylor 06-11-2018 03:22 AM

Brother Larry,

Please be careful. These people are working class and, God help us all, believe in free thinking. I believe you should ask them if their car belongs to the collective and, if they respond in the affirmative, I would suggest you find a new building to accommodate yourself. These people are insidious and will infiltrate your very home filling the mids of all with their vile and corrupt ways. There will be talk of "Unions", "Revolutions", "Workers Rights", "Women's Rights, all sorts of trouble. Most places in the Bible (KJV 1611) conjoin the word "worker" with iniquity and evil doing. They will try to ensnare you and lead you astray, probably invite you to swinger parties and dogging sessions, but when you feel they are trying to ensnare you always remember Psalms 141:9and God will deliver you.

I will pray that I am wrong about your new neighbors.

YIC
TT
P.S. Check the color of their collars.

WilliamJenningsBryan 06-11-2018 06:46 AM

I'd be very suspicious of these people - I've heard that proletariats like to form dictatorships.