The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   General Church Fellowship (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Biblecoin 1.0: the Christian alternative to fiat currency! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96196)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-22-2014 11:37 PM

Biblecoin 1.0: the Christian alternative to fiat currency!

What is a Biblecoin?

A Biblecoin is a completely new, never-failed concept called an "alternative currency". The hip new idea is that it has nothing to do with governments. It's not fiat currency. This has never happened before in local living memory and/or all of history ever. But don't worry, it's not an experiment because only liberals do those.

What does fiat currency mean?

Obama likes fiat currency. Are you with us or against us?

Isn't that too simplistic?

Look, the world of amateur economics is filled with buzzword-babbling baffle-em-with-your-bs scammers, so excuse me if I try to stand out from the pack.

So it's like Bitcoin? Why shouldn't I just use Bitcoin, or the 100+ similar currencies?

Currencies of this type use lots of fancy numeric algorithms, which is basically saying that each coin is a very long string of numbers. Odds are 666 is going to show up somewhere in those numbers. Let's see what the Bible says about that:

Revelation 13

17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Got that? If you use bitcoins, which are basically a big long string of numbers including 666, odds are you'll be doing the bidding of THE BEAST.

Because Biblecoin uses True Christian(™) mathematics, the number of the beast will not show up.

Where can I spend Biblecoins?

Biblecoins are the only currency that will be legal tender in heaven. You can tithe biblecoins. What else do you need? OBAMA IS IN CHARGE AND THE ECONOMY IS COLLASPING!!! YOUR FIAT CURRENCY IS DOOMED! DOOMED! BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE, FLEE THE AMERICAN DOLLAR!

Okay, I'll buy some biblecoins, but what should I pay you with?

American dollars.

A Follower 01-23-2014 12:01 AM

Re: Biblecoin 1.0: the Christian alternative to fiat currency!

Awesome, no more of Obama's greedy hands on my money!

With this new coin, do I still have to tithe 10% of my income to our church by wire transfer? Or does it automatically take the tithe from every transaction?

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 01-23-2014 04:37 AM

Update! Biblecoin is currently trading at $132.07!

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Follower (Post 1058416)
does it automatically take the tithe from every transaction?

That's not EXACTLY how it works but….Well, you'll see.

jaxriley 01-23-2014 06:08 AM

This is an excellent idea! I hope it I will have a chance to spend it.

Nobar King 01-23-2014 08:17 AM

I'm ready to start tipping my waitresses with this new Biblecoin. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 02-06-2014 09:48 PM

Update! Biblecoin is currently trading at $0.01002!

That's a huge upward trend, because yesterday it was trading for two wads of partially chewed gum and an AOL(™) cd-rom for Windows 95.

Fortunately I used my ingenious job-creating skills to convert to the superior alternative currency, namely BitChrist, then Christcoin, then Jesuscoin, and currently, Blessingcoin, which is currently trading at $1504.03

James Hutchins 02-07-2014 01:44 AM

Is the Church going to mine it durng Easter?

demoncooter 02-10-2014 11:04 PM

So biblecoin is a non essential currency to my life right now, and it will only become useful when I die correct?. Therefore why should we buy it now because in a few years it could just cease trading also I find your name for the currency all to similar to "bitcoin" is that just a co-incidence or sheer gods work?

Pastor Ezekiel 02-11-2014 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonjokester (Post 1063727)
So biblecoin is a non essential currency to my life right now, and it will only become useful when I die correct?. Therefore why should we buy it now because in a few years it could just cease trading also I find your name for the currency all to similar to "bitcoin" is that just a co-incidence or sheer gods work?

Sorry, but Biblecoins® are available to True Christians™ only.

Trent Harvey, Jr. 02-27-2014 09:25 AM

So I was at a party last night, and things kind of got out of hand, what with the jungle music and the skimpy clothes, and without playing the blame game

Anyway, how much is 50 shekels in Biblecoins, or blessingcoins, or whatever?

EDIT: Deuteronomy 22:28-29: "If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."

Cranky Old Man 02-27-2014 12:44 PM

I prefer the old fashioned cash and shooting everyone who tries to steal it. I never lost a single dollar.

But now that the Democrats are going against these new electric coins, clearly they have to be a good thing and should be endorsed by decent Christian Republican Americans.

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WVa) Calls For Bitcoin Ban.

I am not entirely sure why exactly the Democrats are against electric coins. Perhaps the electricity hinders their gay orgies.

stuntman141 12-10-2015 09:28 PM

Hi I'm a born again christian interested in starting my own crypto currency for my local area in Sydney, ive created the wallet already by using wallet builders, its called BitSheqel but i dont know how to set up a hosting node for others to access it as im still beggining on all this cryptocoin thing, can anyone help? i'm also interested in traing my coin for other altcoins in order to start stockpiling silver and gold for my community for the crash that's coming

Roland 12-10-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuntman141 (Post 1169362)
Hi I'm a born again christian interested in starting my own crypto currency for my local area in Sydney, ive created the wallet already by using wallet builders, its called BitSheqel but i dont know how to set up a hosting node for others to access it as im still beggining on all this cryptocoin thing, can anyone help? i'm also interested in traing my coin for other altcoins in order to start stockpiling silver and gold for my community for the crash that's coming

Perhaps you should start by introducing yourself in the introduction forum. There you can tell the forum members what church you go to, what your favourite Bible verse is and how you came to find Jesus.

Mary Etheldreda 05-16-2021 08:44 PM

Elon Musk seems to be mucking up the economy pretty good with all his talk about cyber currency. Those of us who invested in Biblecoin when Brother Thurmond brought it to our attentions are sitting pretty. The LORD blesses grandly, does He not!

Glory!

Pastor J.C. Manning, M.D., Ph.D. 05-16-2021 11:52 PM

Dear Friends,

I would like us all to pray for all people owning Biblecoin for the Biblecoin smart contract breach resulting in everyone owning Biblecoin losing all their money.

I would also like to formally deny that the nephew I hired to write the smart contract put the backdoor there on purpose. I assure you I am as shocked as you are!

And no, me buying 3 new cars, a new jet plane and some real estate are not related to any of this. God just happens to reward those who serve Him handsomely! (1 Corinthians 15:58, Romans 2:6, James 1:12).

Yours in Christ,

Pastor J.C. Manning, M.D., Ph.D.