The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Bible in a Year (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Day 1. Genesis 1-3 (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=4441)

Brother V 09-05-2007 05:57 PM

Day 1. Genesis 1-3

Genesis 1-3

In the beginning...

It begins.

Praise Jesus!!!

Genesis 1 tells the story of the first six days of creation. Praise Jesus!!!

God in His master plan, KNEW how the world had to be made. He was smart enough to make water before land, and then plants after water, and then animals after plants (the animals would have died without oxygen you see).

He's that smart.

Praise HIM!

In the beginning of Genesis 2, we see how our all-powerful God rested. Praise His tired holi-ness! Praise Him indeed!

Remeber in day six, Genesis 1:26, he made man, then in Genesis 2:7, he made man again. Praise His redundant nature!

Genesis 3 is where it starts to get good! There's the serpent, and the tree, and the nakedness. And then God kicks them out of eden.

Friends, read up! Drink up the knowledge contained in this book.

Remember, the story of creation (that which those eviloutionists don't want you to know) is contained in today's reading.

Praise Jesus!!!

YIC
V

Talitha 09-05-2007 06:12 PM

Re: Day 1. Genesis 1-3

Praise Jesus Brother V.
It makes so much more sense than all the non-sense about "Big bangs" out of nothing.
There HAD to be a reason for The Beginning and that reason is right there in Black and white. :jesus:
God makes all things possible.

vestal_mastecation 09-05-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 92905)
Genesis 1-3

In the beginning...

It begins.

Praise Jesus!!!

Genesis 1 tells the story of the first six days of creation. Praise Jesus!!!

God in His master plan, KNEW how the world had to be made. He was smart enough to make water before land, and then plants after water, and then animals after plants (the animals would have died without oxygen you see).

He's that smart.

Praise HIM!

In the beginning of Genesis 2, we see how our all-powerful God rested. Praise His tired holi-ness! Praise Him indeed!

Remeber in day six, Genesis 1:26, he made man, then in Genesis 2:7, he made man again. Praise His redundant nature!

Genesis 3 is where it starts to get good! There's the serpent, and the tree, and the nakedness. And then God kicks them out of eden.

Friends, read up! Drink up the knowledge contained in this book.

Remember, the story of creation (that which those eviloutionists don't want you to know) is contained in today's reading.

Praise Jesus!!!

YIC
V

Sounds like an illogical myth to me. What you fail to mention is that according to the story (Genesis 1:14-19) the sun wasn't put there until the fourth day, so all the plants and the water (that had been created already) would have frozen solid by then, due to lack of heat. :devil: How can plants function without sunlight anyway?

Brother V 09-05-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestal_mastecation (Post 92963)
How can plants function without sunlight anyway?

Friend, plants can live for a day without light.

Sister Noddy 09-05-2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 92905)

Genesis 1-3

In the beginning ...

It begins.

Praise Jesus!!!

Genesis 1 tells the story of the first six days of creation. Praise Jesus!!! ...

... today's reading.

Praise Jesus!!!

YIC
V

What a Godly idea Brother V, to study the Bible together right here on the board, with chapters asigned for each day of the year, from the beginning to the revelation ...

... I love it! noddy :jesus:

Brother V 09-05-2007 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minister noddy (Post 92971)
What a Godly idea Brother V, to study the Bible together right here on the board, with chapters asigned for each day of the year, from the beginning to the revelation ...

... I love it! noddy :jesus:

Many people who come to these forums and to the main website think we make up the Bible verses, or that we take things out of context; or that wasn't the meaning... or ... Well, this is an opportuntiy for us all to re-read, together, the ONE book that the Lord has given us to get to know Him.

That's why the Bible (KJV1611) is so important. It is the only piece of literature that our Lord has provided for us to understand His Holy ways.

If we don't know what God has to say, then we could fall for any of those teaching that lie-berul pastors have been dishing out.

That's why a full study of the Bible (KJV1611) is so important. How will anyone know what's in the Bible, without reading it.

Brother Temperance 09-06-2007 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vestal_mastecation (Post 92963)
Sounds like an illogical myth to me. What you fail to mention is that according to the story (Genesis 1:14-19) the sun wasn't put there until the fourth day, so all the plants and the water (that had been created already) would have frozen solid by then, due to lack of heat. :devil: How can plants function without sunlight anyway?

Lack of heat doesn't equal cold. Where does it say that God had created coldness by then? And the plants survived on the light from Genesis 1:3, obviously. What's really impressive is that He didn't create that light until after making the Heaven and the Earth, meaning that He must have created them in the dark.

Brother V 09-06-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Temperance (Post 93281)
What's really impressive is that He didn't create that light until after making the Heaven and the Earth, meaning that He must have created them in the dark.

How true brother. Just imagine Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The LORD was probably just fumbling about, like a person in an unfamiliar house looking for the light switch. Then he realized... silly me, I haven't made light yet.

WilliamJenningsBryan 09-06-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother V (Post 93284)
How true brother. Just imagine Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. The LORD was probably just fumbling about, like a person in an unfamiliar house looking for the light switch. Then he realized... silly me, I haven't made light yet.

I've often thought that the Lord always has a sense of the dramatic. Like a new model car, Madison Avenue advertisers always like to keep things under wrap until the great unveiling - stunning the public with a new creation. The Lord is always dramatic with his disasters, things like earthquakes, hurricanes, floods, volcanoes, fires and brimstones. Certainly well beyond what any Hellywood special effects department could dream up. Turning the Lights on at the final moment to reveal his Project Universe was impressive. He just had everything down to the finest detail, including those little yeast organisms to make beer for day seven. It was his way of telling True Christians™ to kick back and enjoy - this Bud's for you.

Glory!

Brother V 09-06-2007 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 93301)
He just had everything down to the finest detail, including those little yeast organisms to make beer for day seven. It was his way of telling True Christians™ to kick back and enjoy - this Bud's for you.

Glory!

I was thinking about something similar today, and was going to use it for tomorrow's lesson. With Noah planting a vineyard and making wine, he would have had to have taken 2 yeast cells onto the ark. PRAISE JESUS that he did!!!

YIC
V

Herecome, Heresy, Hereconquer 10-11-2007 10:56 AM

Brother V,

I humbly honor the humility you have hung yourself upon to bring the only true book of the LORD back to our immediate attention. Presently, I put forth a penitent proposal: would it be possible to presume more tale details on Adam and Eve's predicament?

I am aware that most of us (His most beloved, saved and chosen people) know the terrible trials attained by Adam after becoming befouled by both serpent AND sex partner. Clearly the latter is not to be trusted, for she too has a forked tongue and is able to be easily swayed in matters that God, in His infinite wisdom, should never have tasked her with.

A concern that is rarely brought to the light is that of the slimy, scaly Satan in snake form. Certainly, we are to be wary of any so-called "religions" or "philosophies" or "knowledge" that involves idol worship of winged wyverns, damnable dragons or non-repentant reptiles of any race.

We know well of His hated from idolatry; In Exodus 32:7-10, God hates the stiff-necked people with wicked wrath. So much does He detest those who will be wary of changing their minds completely on His command that he decides to sulk in solitude, sending Moses back down the mountain. PRAISE JESUS!!

Should such slanted views suggest that the LORD was trying to withhold any sort of secret from Man, a full-flame fall to the fire will surely be the final outcome for those who would buy into this folly.

Ahimaaz Smith 11-24-2007 06:41 AM

Praise Jesus that Brother V is spreading the Word and fostering the fellowship of our Lord's church by bringing the Bible to us in such easily digestible portions. I'm afraid that I've started a bit late, so I'll be reading at double speed until I catch up with y'all somewhere around Habakkuk (which is, coincidentally, my personal favorite among the books of the Bible, or at least would be if I didn't love each book of the Living Word equally).

JennyD 01-23-2008 05:55 AM

Goodness, I've started even later! It's been years since I've read the KJV in its entirety; much catching up have I to do!

repented harlot70 05-19-2010 11:27 AM

You would think the first words would shut the people who believe in the big bang theory up.

Timofey 07-13-2010 04:43 AM

Brother V,

Why didn't God know where Adam was hiding?

3.8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

Sinner Timofey.

Petal 07-13-2010 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timofey (Post 557588)

3.8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, "Where are you?"

:unsure: maybee lord God not able to sees the Adams for the trees? :( if Mr.Adam fell in the woods, would he makes a sounds if lord God not there to hears it? i not no! :cray:

BelieverInGod 07-13-2010 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timofey (Post 557588)
Brother V,

Sinner Timofey.

It doesn't say that God didn't know where he was, it says that he called "where are you". You've never played such a game with your child? You've never asked a child a question that you already knew the answer to?

Timofey 07-13-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 557610)
It doesn't say that God didn't know where he was, it says that he called "where are you". You've never played such a game with your child? You've never asked a child a question that you already knew the answer to?

I have TRO against contact with children, but your explanation makes sense that God was ticked at Adam for hiding.

Phebe Carlyle 07-14-2010 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timofey (Post 558253)
I have TRO against contact with children, but your explanation makes sense that God was ticked at Adam for hiding.

Mr Timothy,

Sister Believer is a wise woman and what she said was more than viable reason.

I also have another for you to ponder, to show just how fair God is and in a dealing with a young girl in Sunday School last week, actually brought that particular verse to mind.

Adam and Eve had sinned and knew they had and that is why they were full of guilt for their disobedience. It is the same type of thing last week when the girl took a cupcake knowing the refreshments were to be had as a group AFTER learning more about the Ark of the Covenant. I SAW her take the cupcake, but I wanted her to own responsibility for her own actions, so like God (not as well as Him of course...:wub:) I played dumb, and pretended not to know who took the cupcake. Little Beth's guilt and sin got the better of her and she finally owned up. Her punishment for the next month of Sunday's is not getting any cupcakes at all but at least she learned her lesson.

YIC,

Mrs.P.Wintersnow

Brother V 07-14-2010 05:38 PM

It's highly possible, that God didn't know where Adam and Eve were.

No one knows the nature of God. It's possible that he didn't give himself the omniscient abilities to know everything that would ever happen until after this incident.

If he had the forethought, he probably wouldn't have put the tree in there, because he knew that the people would eat from it. If he had the forethought, he wouldn't have created the serpent to convince them to eat from it. If he had the forethought, he wouldn't have made Eve to tell Adam it was alright to do.

So, it's possible, that he didn't realize he'd need that kind of power. It was only shortly after the 6 days of creation. He still didn't know what all kinds of super-God-powers he'd need. He was probably still just feeling around with his skills.

Like Jesus as a child, we never hear about any miracles from that period, it took him a while to realize all the things he could do. Remember, Jesus didn't walk on water until after he was baptized. Did he just not know he could? Wouldn't that be a way to gather followers? Instead of just walking around talking about the nature of God, wouldn't he gather more followers by doing miracles? Today, would Jesus have as many Facebook friends as David Blaine?

Hope this helps

YIC
V