The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   PRAYER REQUESTS (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Please pray for my wife (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75747)

Pater Doit 03-19-2012 10:24 AM

Please pray for my wife

Dear Brothers (and sisters)

The time I married my wife I could never imagine that she would ever betray me or the Lord. Nevertheless I think she might be attracted to my neigbour, as she visits him all the time and stays there for hours. She talks about finding herself a job more often and doesn't want to clean up our flat no more. Also she has some weird ideas about independency, talking about men and women should be treated equally in any case.

I'm in a serious depression and I'm asking you to pray for me, as I did the past few days. (Also with my fists in her face, if you know what I mean.)

YIC
Pater Doit

Noah Sole 03-19-2012 01:27 PM

Re: Please pray for my wife

The Bible is quite clear on what you should do, they should both be stoned to death...

Deuteronomy 22:23-25
King James Version (KJV)
23If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

That's assuming she was a virgin when you married her..
Hope this is helpful, I will pray for you.

Redeemed Papist 03-19-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Sole (Post 860321)
The Bible is quite clear on what you should do, they should both be stoned to death...

Deuteronomy 22:23-25
King James Version (KJV)
23If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;

24Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

That's assuming she was a virgin when you married her..
Hope this is helpful, I will pray for you.

Steady on! He didn't find them lying together.

A short spell of being confined to the house and soundly beaten into being obedient and not a feminazi wannabe should suffice. The backchatting is far more worrying.

Pater Doit, I pray that your wife finds her way once more into behaving as a good wife should. That she sees you as her lord and master and submits utterly to your will. I pray that she stops before she is fully tempted to play the harlot and bakes you a marvellous pie.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 03-19-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pater Doit (Post 860304)

The time I married my wife I could never imagine that she would ever betray me or the Lord. Nevertheless I think she might be attracted to my neigbour, as she visits him all the time and stays there for hours. She talks about finding herself a job more often and doesn't want to clean up our flat no more. Also she has some weird ideas about independency, talking about men and women should be treated equally in any case.

I'm in a serious depression and I'm asking you to pray for me, as I did the past few days. (Also with my fists in her face, if you know what I mean.)

YIC
Pater Doit

I must agree with Redeemed Papist here -- it is the back-sassing that needs tending to immediately. I suggest you spend some time with her in the Word. You need to be on top of her at every turn, making sure that you teach her the Godly role that women are supposed to play: as a helper, as a bearer of children and a maker of food. Her role is not to do what makes her happy, but to do what makes you happy. I am sure that Austria has many, many influences that will try to drag her away from her happy Christian household, but as Man of the House, you must keep her delicate sensibilities from being overwhelmed. Monitor her friends, and make sure that she doesn't see any ungodly influences.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-19-2012 08:05 PM

I would echo the words of my esteemed friends (and Noah).

I would go on to add that you really need to start gently undermining her self esteem by lovingly criticising her when she feels any sense of pride or accomplishment.

Useful phrases are: "yeah, but you could have done better, couldn't you?", "did you actually think that was good enough?", "for God's sake, I'll do it shall I?" and "why are you crying?."

What you may notice is that they are all questions that ask her to justify her thoughts and actions to you.

That's right: you need to encourage her to seek your approval for everything she thinks or does. A great way to do this is to imply at every turn that she is NOTHING without you and that NOBODY BUT YOU will ever like her.

Gently imply that other people see her for the shallow empty thing that she is and that hey talk about her and judge her (do your best to chose personality traits of hers she feels worst about) behind her back: and they laugh at her.

To reduce the chance of hateful outsiders trying to break up your Christian love match leave subtle hints that she has started taking antidepressants (citalopram 40mg is a good choice as you can say she has an anxiety disorder and well as depression).

Constantly make good hearted excuses for her to foster the idea that she is greatly disturbed and they will gradually start to withdraw thier friendship from her and doubtless she will soon realise this and she will feel more isolated and lonely than ever.

From here you can reinforce the idea that NOBODY LOVES HER LIKE YOU DO. This is very important: you must become the centre of her entire world (I can't stress this enough, I really can't).

Eventually she will become dependent on you and any bruises can be dealt with by keeping her inside as saying "she's having a bad day, she missed her meds...". This also endears you to her friends and you can monitor any nosy parkers from sticking their beaks where they are not wanted.

Well, all that was of the top of my head, hope it was useful.

Yours in Christian love.

Dr. Ernest C. Ville, D.C.S. 03-19-2012 08:27 PM

Brother Niles, I must commend you on your Godly post. In a clear and concise way you have helped to reverse so many years of anti-God feminist rants about "individuality" and "independence". If only more God-fearing husbands would show such love and caring towards their spouses we wouldn't even need Covenant Marriages to force people to stay together!

True Daughter of God 03-20-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

YIC
Pater Doit

Brother where is your brood of children when your wife is away at the neighbors home?

Always Yours In christ:innocent:

Good Christian Woman 03-20-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

YIC
Pater Doit

Oh my! This is serious! I certainly hope her punishments are getting more severe!

I'll pray for you and your wife.

PrinsesseAnja 03-21-2012 10:33 AM

Hmmm... Sounds like she found out it is the year 2012 and you don't own her.

I hope she kicks you in the balls, take everything you have and divorce you!

Good Christian Woman 03-21-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrinsesseAnja (Post 860952)

Divorce is a sin, my unsaved friend. :( Matthew 19:6-8
And according to the property laws of the Bible, a husband does own his wife, or if the woman is unmarried, she belongs to her father. That's why a rapist must pay property damage to his victim's father.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-21-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Once again we see the hate that only comes from the depraved mind of the atheist.

Maybe you could think for a second about the psychological impact that divorce would bring to this poor fella?

Shame on you, missy :angry:

YIC
Posted via Mobile Device

MitzaLizalor 03-21-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Leviticus 19:29

It may have escaped your notice that prostituting a wife is just as bad as prostituting a daughter:

PROVERBS 7 10-12, 17-21
And behold, there met him a woman, with the attire of an harlot, and subtill of heart.
11 (She is loud and stubburne, her feet abide not in her house:
12 Now is shee without, now in the streetes, and lieth in waite at euery corner.)

17 I haue perfumed my bed with myrrhe, aloes, and cynamom.
18 Come, let vs take our fill of loue vntill the morning, let vs solace our selues with loues.
19 For the good-man is not at home, he is gone a long iourney.
20 He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed.
21 With much faire speech she caused him to yeeld, with the flattering of her lips she forced him.

©1611

God knows what she does when Mr Doit is at work.

Noah Sole 03-21-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 860974)

God knows what she does when Mr Doit is at work.

Of course God knows what she does and judgement will surely follow.

Psalm 9:8
And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Rev. Waynetta Kerr 03-21-2012 06:25 PM

This thread is terrible.

This couple is clearly in need of relationship counselling and support from their church to reconcile their differences. God wants men to treat women with respect and love, not to brutalise them.

Dr Laurence Niles 03-21-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Waynetta Kerr (Post 861090)
This thread is terrible.

This couple is clearly in need of relationship counselling and support from their church to reconcile their differences. God wants men to treat women with respect and love, not to brutalise them.

It's not about brutalising women (it is well known that does not work, all the time) it is about encouraging them directly to follow the instructions as layed down in the Bible (KJV1611).

Surely you see that using subtle psychological methods to ensure that your wife does not go to Hell is better than battering her?

Maybe True Christians love their wives enough not to want them to go to Hell?

I don't have the answers: I just know what works and laying in with one's fist is not the only option.

I love Jesus.

MitzaLizalor 03-22-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

God wants men to treat women with respect and love, not to brutalise them.

Jesus as we know is God. The Love shown by God to His People is the model for the love of a husband to his wife.

EPHESIANS 5
Wiues, submit your selues vnto your own husbands, as vnto the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife, euen as Christ is the head of the Church: and he is the sauiour of the body.
24 Therefore as the Church is subiect vnto Christ, so let the wiues bee to their owne husbands in euery thing.

©1611

That is a property relationship.

I Corinthians 6:19c-20 ..ye are not your owne ..For yee are bought with a price: therefore glorifie God in your body, and in your spirit, which are Gods.
©1611

When The Israelites departed from God's Clear Commandments He took appropriate steps, out of Love for His people, to correct them. That is the model presented in The Bible for the authority of the Husband over the wife and the example for her correction. He is to her as God is to him.

Now before anyone starts thinking I will post God's Word on the matter (again).

I Corinthians 11:3 But I would haue you knowe, that the head of euery man is Christ: and the head of the woman is the man, and the head of Christ is God.
©1611

Perhaps there is room for opinion on some subjects, such as whether to buy a marrow or a pumpkin [subject to Pastoral approval] but where Husbands are concerned there is none. In ancient times or under The Dispensation Of Grace the rules are exactly the same.
God has said so.

Here:

to exist in subjection (not on a mutually co-operative basis or with wives issuing instructions to their owners)

I Peter 3:1a Likewise, ye wiues, be in subiection to your owne husbands,

to be frightened of one's Husband

I Peter 3:2 While they beholde your chaste conuersation coupled with feare:

nothing has changed in this matter from Old Testament times to the modern era

I Peter 3:5 For after this manner in the olde time, the holy women also who trusted in God adorned themselues,
beeing in subiection vnto their owne husbands.

©1611
Probably the rag-bag assortment of lady "preachers" who advocate marriage even between 2 women have some other standard. That is anyone's choice of course but please don't pretend it has anything to do with The Bible or with the wonderful example of God's Perfect Love for His Chosen and the obligation of the Husband to discipline and cleanse his wife.

Ephesians 5
Husbands, loue your wiues, euen as Christ also loued the Church, and gaue himselfe for it:
26 That he might sanctifie & cleanse it with the washing of water, by the word,
27 That hee might present it to himselfe a glorious Church, not hauing spot or wrinckle, or any such thing: but that it should bee holy and without blemish.
28a So ought men to loue their wiues..
©1611

Pastor Ezekiel 03-22-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

This thread is terrible.

God wants us to subjugate them. Read the Bible, dyke. :rtfm:

Quote:

1 Peter 3:1
Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands

Noah Sole 03-22-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

This thread is terrible.

Actually my first post on the matter suggested they should be stoned to death. I can only commend other posters who have suggested alternative strategies to bring the woman back into line short of execution. In my mind that is counselling and support.

All the best

Noah

Big Poppa Pump 03-22-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Sole (Post 861076)
Of course God knows what she does and judgement will surely follow.

Psalm 9:8
And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

Have you confronted your neighbor and your wife on their affair? Is your neighbor married? If he is married you should have the right to bed his wife and produce a child with her.

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-22-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Peepee Pump (Post 861631)
Have you confronted your neighbor and your wife on their affair? Is your neighbor married? If he is married you should have the right to bed his wife and produce a child with her.

Please cite Scripture to support this assertion.

Chapter and verse.

Thank you.