The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Christian history forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The Holocaust, a part of God's divine plan (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=24177)

loco73 05-06-2012 08:35 AM

Re: The Holocaust, a part of God's divine plan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 881984)
Fallacious strawman argument, due to own inability to read. The passage in question relates to God, not "any dictator".

But there is an inherent danger, that 'any dictator' would also take your wonderful argument and use it for his purposes and that you fed him with that tool of saying: "I can commit any crime, if I just state, that I'm so high and so absolutely fabulous, that people will never understand my divine mission and therefore can not critisize my acts."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Didymus Much (Post 881984)
Find "democracy" in the Bible. I'll wait.
Nah, I won't. :lol:

That's an interesting thought. Why not? Why is that word missing? Is that seen as so void?

But anyway I'm still in search of one little word. Just one thought, which people of 1st century Hebrew could not have known without any divine help. Something like: "You (humans) will in the future find tiny being in water, which cause diseases". Or: "My father tells you, that in the futrue you'll find land far in the West where strange creatures live, cacti as high as temples." Or just simple ones: "Your children's children's children will fly to the moon and return savely."

Unfortunately, there is nothing in the Bible, which goes beyond the knowledge of that Bronze-Age sheppard's culture of Hebrew tribesmen. It makes sense, because some governmental institutions (Romans) would also have had a different view on Jesus's words, than they actually had.

Noah Sole 05-06-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo73 (Post 882104)
Unfortunately, there is nothing in the Bible, which goes beyond the knowledge of that Bronze-Age sheppard's culture of Hebrew tribesmen. It makes sense, because some governmental institutions (Romans) would also have had a different view on Jesus's words, than they actually had.

The Bible is full of prophesies, an example is where Jesus foretells the destruction of Jerusalem, the diaspora and the treatment of the Jews up until 1947:

Luke 21

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

YIC

loco73 05-06-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noah Sole (Post 882111)
The Bible is full of prophesies, an example is where Jesus foretells the destruction of Jerusalem, the diaspora and the treatment of the Jews up until 1947:

YIC

Many of these prophecies were 'backdated'. I also did that recently. In 2007, I wrote: "The situation in Iraq will first become worse, before it will become better."
So, what did I do? First, I just gave any kind of all-day sentence, just stating nothing really clear. Second, I did't add the year 2007. I just claimed, I had written that in 1999 (!) and I welcomed all my worshippers, who thought me to be the No. 1 prophet....
See, how easy the trick is?

Dr Laurence Niles 05-06-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo73 (Post 882137)
Many of these prophecies were 'backdated'. I also did that recently. In 2007, I wrote: "The situation in Iraq will first become worse, before it will become better."
So, what did I do? First, I just gave any kind of all-day sentence, just stating nothing really clear. Second, I did't add the year 2007. I just claimed, I had written that in 1999 (!) and I welcomed all my worshippers, who thought me to be the No. 1 prophet....

You did not do that. You are lying about what you said that you did.

As a psychotheologist it is easy for me to see this.

Next?

YIC

loco73 05-06-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurence Niles (Post 882143)
You did not do that. You are lying about what you said that you did.

As a psychotheologist it is easy for me to see this.

Next?

YIC

Sure, I did not do that. :wub:
I never point on others. So, I just gave an example of a similar mechanism, what I could have done, if I was on the same moral level as your Bible's authors. It's not good to fool someone by backdating your prophecies and thus making others think, that you were a prophet.
But there are some other tricks existing, which the Bible authers are using.
One for example is, to 'state the obvious' and sell that as a prophecy. When you order ham and eggs in a restaurant and then tell your friends, that you predict you'll get ham and eggs..... Such a wondeful prophet. :fear2:

Noah Sole 05-06-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo73 (Post 882137)

Dear GodMocking Liar

The Gospel of Luke was written in the early 60's AD (D. R. W. Wood, New Bible Dictionary (InterVarsity Press, 1996), 704.).

The Temple and much of Jerusalem were destroyed in September 70 AD by the Romans (Flavius Josephus, the Jewish Wars).

The destruction of Jerusalem was predicted in writing 6 to 7 years before it actually happened. If you count Jesus' actual words - they were spoken 40 years before the event.

Any more pearls of wisdom?

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

All the best

Midge Murphy 05-06-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Just one thought, which people of 1st century Hebrew could not have known without any divine help. Something like: "You (humans) will in the future find tiny being in water, which cause diseases". Or: "My father tells you, that in the futrue you'll find land far in the West where strange creatures live, cacti as high as temples." Or just simple ones: "Your children's children's children will fly to the moon and return savely."

Y do u think that god needs 2 put these things in the bible, after all, they have nothing to do with salvation, i think god nos better then to just start writing nonsense that have nothing 2 do with nothing in the middle of a serious book about religian.

that reminds me of a recipe called sweet nothings, u take 8 cups of rice chex and 1 stick of butter + 1/2 cup of peanut butter + 1 cup of chocolate chips + 2 cups or so of powdered sugar, than u melt the butter and the peanut butter and the chocoloate chips in the microwave and then you put the that over the cereal and mix it up and them put the powdered sugar in a bad and put the cearal in there and mix it up and it will make SWEET NOTHINGS and SWEET NOTHING is what u would also have if in the bible Jesus just put in completely irrelevant mentions of moon trips and microorgasims right in the middle of pauls letters to the corinthians, for example.

handmaiden 05-06-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo73 (Post 881964)
That is the most horrible sentence in the whole forum - even in the whole world. Did you listen, what you said by that? Do you really understand, what that means? What you did with that sentence? You justified all, what you are objecting to so much. Any dictator or murderer can now justify his actions by just claiming, that his acts are so high and so sophisticated and so hard to understand, that others can never question them.
You just contradicted your own high moral standards with that. You dismantled the whole Western moral values with just this sentence. Is that really Christianity, which prefers an such an ideology, an absolute totalitarian mastermind to a democratic system of mutual control?

God is the Creator of the Universe and the Knower of all things. In sum, He is the Sum Total--so why should He NOT be totalitarian? Moreover, He is the Master of all creation and the only mind that knows all things.

Most importantly, there is nothing in the Bible about "mutal control". God wants us to be self-controlled by submitting to His Control as expressed in His statutes given to us in the Bible.

Any other form of control other than God's is Satan's. We don't like Satan.

Externally Controlledly Yours,

Handmaiden

loco73 05-07-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midge Murphy (Post 882291)
Y do u think that god needs 2 put these things in the bible, after all, they have nothing to do with salvation

I know. But they would help to show all people, that the statements made are true. If there is some talk about this and that in the Bible, then how can anyone approve the words? But if there is something, people from 1st century pre-industrial culture could not have known without the help of an all-knowing being, this would be a different case.
Unfortunately, there is nothing of that kind in the Bible. And the further problem is the book itself. If I was an all-knowing being outside of space and time, I would not rely on text printed onto dried plants to tell something to people thousands of years in the future.

Rev. M. Rodimer 05-07-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

But there is an inherent danger, that 'any dictator' would also take your wonderful argument and use it for his purposes and that you fed him with that tool of saying: "I can commit any crime, if I just state, that I'm so high and so absolutely fabulous, that people will never understand my divine mission and therefore can not critisize my acts."

"Any dictator" is not God, fool. :dunce:

No human can be God.[/QUOTE]

Quote:

Originally Posted by logo73 (Post 882648)
I know. But they would help to show all people, that the statements made are true. If there is some talk about this and that in the Bible, then how can anyone approve the words? But if there is something, people from 1st century pre-industrial culture could not have known without the help of an all-knowing being, this would be a different case.
Unfortunately, there is nothing of that kind in the Bible. And the further problem is the book itself. If I was an all-knowing being outside of space and time, I would not rely on text printed onto dried plants to tell something to people thousands of years in the future.

I suggest you get an education before continuing to make a fool of yourself.

http://carm.org/scientific-accuracies-in-the-bible

For example, how could ancient Jews have known that there were springs and fountains and valleys and "pathways" (consistent currents following a path) deep in the ocean? Yet it's all referenced in the Bible.

Pastor Ezekiel 03-05-2013 04:01 AM