The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Freehold Truth and Light Baptist newspaper (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Freehold Initiative To Increase Death Bed Conversions (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=77258)

Johny Joe Hold 04-29-2012 03:53 AM

Freehold Initiative To Increase Death Bed Conversions

For some time, I've worried we are not obtaining as many death bed conversions as we should.

Those conversions are out there. It's just a matter of reaching people when they are semi concious and drugged but are not yet dead.

There are a couple of ideas I've been working. One is to have a crack team available 24/7. We would speed volunteers to area hospitals whenever the opportunity for a death bed victory presented itself.

I've also been asking around about to see if technology could help us. My thinking is that we could have a taped message that was triggered by a STAT alarm. The recording could ask the patient several times, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?"

We can assume many friends would be made for Landover Baptist Church and Freehold. Christian relatives would be greatful.

My thinking is we are on the cusp of a breakthrough in the number of these death bed conversions. Thank you for your support.

Johny Joe Hold
Mayor

Billy Bob Jenkins 04-29-2012 03:55 AM

Re: Freehold Initiative To Increase Death Bed Conversions

This shouldn't be very difficult at all. As an ex-treehugger, I am well aware that people on morphine will believe anything!

Bob4God 04-30-2012 05:48 AM

When somebody is drugged up and their brain is dying, they are very susceptible to the Good News of JESUS CHRIST.

I really like the tape recording idea, and if it is implemented into our hospital system, I believe that we will be able to meet many a surprised atheist in Heaven who will remark, "I said what on my death bed?" right before throwing their arms around us, and thanking us for making them into believers in their final moments on Earth.

Bobby-Joe 04-30-2012 03:51 PM

I think we also shouldn't over look post mortum conversions too. Clearly if the deceased should have converted to Christianity and repented of their sins, then they did. Christoper Hitchens is a good example. Everyone know that when Hitchens said "get out of piffleing face about Jesus, just give me more booze" he really meant "I accept my Lord Jesus as my Savior"

Ronald Regan and Hitchens with Jesus in Heaven, now that is eternal paradise.:wub:

Billy Bob Jenkins 04-30-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 878546)
I think we also shouldn't over look post mortum conversions too. Clearly if the deceased should have converted to Christianity and repented of their sins, then they did. Christoper Hitchens is a good example. Everyone know that when Hitchens said "get out of piffleing face about Jesus, just give me more booze" he really meant "I accept my Lord Jesus as my Savior"

Ronald Regan and Hitchens with Jesus in Heaven, now that is eternal paradise.:wub:

AMEN. After all, how can one sin or reject Christ's teachings, when one's brain is passively being eaten by worms?

Bobby-Joe 04-30-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 878574)
AMEN. After all, how can one sin or reject Christ's teachings, when one's brain is passively being eaten by worms?

That's right, has Hitchen's risen from his grave and his alcohol persevered corpse denied him repenting at the last second?

No!

Then Hitchens is saved Christian in Heaven now.

Roberta 04-30-2012 07:57 PM

If we could save in latino even the gardeners could go to Heaven.

PTL again and again,

Robbie

Bobby-Joe 04-30-2012 08:19 PM

Lastist soul reclaimed for Jesus, post Mortum;

Thomas Jefferson

http://www.thedemocraticstrategist.o...son_Christ.pdf

Quote:

It seeks to show that— aside from what Barton calls a few “nuances of some particular doctrines”—Thomas Jefferson was essentially a conventional, deeply religious Christian. It seeks to convince its substantial audience of Christian conservatives that Jefferson was really little different in his religious views than most of the other devout and pious, church-going Americans of his era.

This is not an easy task. Of all the founding fathers, Jefferson has always been considered the most open-minded, freethinking and “modern” of the founding fathers—a fact underlined by the recent cover story on Religion in Newsweek Magazine that featured Jefferson’s unique religious philosophy. Americans who are opposed to the creation of a “Christian America” and the ideology of conservative Christianity in general find Jefferson a uniquely appealing figure because of his support for religious tolerance, freedom of conscience and opposition to theocratic ideas
GLORY!

Jesus will guide us to the secret Christians in America like Christopher Hitchens, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Ayn Raynd.

thomas92 05-26-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny Joe Hold (Post 878167)
For some time, I've worried we are not obtaining as many death bed conversions as we should.

Those conversions are out there. It's just a matter of reaching people when they are semi concious and drugged but are not yet dead.

There are a couple of ideas I've been working. One is to have a crack team available 24/7. We would speed volunteers to area hospitals whenever the opportunity for a death bed victory presented itself.

I've also been asking around about to see if technology could help us. My thinking is that we could have a taped message that was triggered by a STAT alarm. The recording could ask the patient several times, "Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?"

We can assume many friends would be made for Landover Baptist Church and Freehold. Christian relatives would be greatful.

My thinking is we are on the cusp of a breakthrough in the number of these death bed conversions. Thank you for your support.

Johny Joe Hold
Mayor

Sounds like a really good idea.

Amen

Johny Joe Hold 05-27-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomas92 (Post 889828)
Sounds like a really good idea.

Amen

Thank you, Thomas. Thanks, also, to the others who posted additional great ideas, esepcially the one about post death conversions.

I got to wondering where the Mormon records are kept. If we could find records of all those people they stole from our Jesus in heaven after they died, we could take them back again.

Jack O'fagan 05-27-2012 07:40 AM

What about visiting the termilly ill (we may have to pretend to be relatives) and turning off the morphine drip? When the pain increases and is intolerable we could ask 'Could you put up with agony for eternity? This suffering is nothing compared to the what awaits you if you reject the love of Jesus. ' A rag may be useful to muffle the screams.

Then we could say 'Would you like to experience the feeling of content and joy that we feel with Jesus in our heart? ' Then give them a big surge of the morphine.

Then with the controller in your hand say 'So do you accept Jesus as your savior? '

Some will mistakenly see this as cruel however it is kindness. It they can't handle a few minutes of extreme agony what are they going to be like in hell?

If they still reject Jesus turn off the drip and walk away, shake the dust from your feet. You have done all you can. Move on to the children's ward,

YIC

Jack

Driveler 05-27-2012 10:15 PM

I recommend converting the comatose.From time to time you'll even get to save a soul because of miss diagnosed Locked-in Syndrome.Being completely paralyzed I'm sure if you come to them every single day when every one else has abandoned them they will,while not actually being able to convert verbally,accept God into their heart.

LBC loving Dutchmen 05-30-2012 03:17 PM

Glory! This will save a lot of souls. Can't we have the team(s) waiting at the first aid entrances of hospitals? Just block them from entering until they are Saved.

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-05-2012 11:43 PM

How about these:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...fNDjhbEajHmecO

We could load up cheap old iPods with sermons and hymns, and switch out the regular hospital pillows for these speaker-pillows!

Those comatose or drug-addled patients would hear Words of God and the angelic voices of the choir!

LBC loving Dutchmen 06-07-2012 03:07 PM

Since the hospitals are filled with sick people who need to be Saved and secular doctors, why stick to the pillows? Can't the sermons and hymns be played on general hospital equipment, so hospitals get filled with Godly inspiration?
And if hospitals don't allow that, I suppose there are enough True Christians with a loud enough car stereo, so it can be played from there. The neighborhoods the hospitals are in can learn something from that too :thumbsup:

Palmer C. Eldrich 06-07-2012 03:41 PM

Do death bed conversions actually work?

Bobby-Joe 06-07-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palmer C. Eldrich (Post 893465)
Do death bed conversions actually work?

Look at Christopher Hitchens. In spite vehemently denying he would ever accept even the very existence of God up to his very last breath he is a Christian now.

Johny Joe Hold 06-07-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 893467)
Look at Christopher Hitchens. In spite vehemently denying he would ever accept even the very existence of God up to his very last breath he is a Christian now.

Great example, Brother Bobby-Joe. Death bed conversions have saved countless people from eternity in hell.

Whether it is former atheists in fox holes or Christopher Hitchens, we can save millions if we get ourselves properly organized and use the latest technology. If they are still alive when we reach them, either by remote communications of some kind or in person, they can be saved.

I must admit, I am really excited about this.

Billy Bob Jenkins 06-07-2012 11:50 PM

I scored a death bed conversion just the other day in Des Moines, brethren. An eight year old child on life support. I told him that he would burn in Hell for all eternity if He didn't believe what I said. I told him his Lutheran parents were predestined by God for eternal damnation, that all of his friends from church would burn in the Lake of Fire.

But not him! He was special. He would meet God and Jesus and Christopher Hitchens and Charles Darwin and every other saved person in Heaven, and all his desires would be fulfilled instantaneously for all eternity!

He cried and he cried as I left the room. He must have felt so lucky to be saved at the last second like that.

He died later that day. I asked the nurse who the last visitor to see him was. It was me. So he died believing the Good News: that he would not have to burn in Hell alongside all of his filthy friends and loved ones! And his unsaved parents never got the chance to corrupt their saved son before he was whisked up to Heaven. Praise Jesus!

I am so thankful that the last thoughts of this special child were of Jesus and salvation. I'm sure he will thank me when I follow in his footsteps.

Johny Joe Hold 06-08-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billy Bob Jenkins (Post 893541)
I scored a death bed conversion just the other day in Des Moines, brethren. An eight year old child on life support. I told him that he would burn in Hell for all eternity if He didn't believe what I said. I told him his Lutheran parents were predestined by God for eternal damnation, that all of his friends from church would burn in the Lake of Fire.

But not him! He was special. He would meet God and Jesus and Christopher Hitchens and Charles Darwin and every other saved person in Heaven, and all his desires would be fulfilled instantaneously for all eternity!

He cried and he cried as I left the room. He must have felt so lucky to be saved at the last second like that.

He died later that day. I asked the nurse who the last visitor to see him was. It was me. Praise Jesus!

I'm sure he will thank me when I follow in his footsteps.

God bless you, Brother Billy Bob. You are a busy man with many obligations, but took time to save a Lutheran child from eternity in hell.

If we all monitor the halls of Methodist and St. Marys hospitals, we will find these cases where patients die before anyone can reverse our conversions.