The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pies Men Like (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=73867)

Faith_Machine 01-21-2012 08:18 AM

Pies Men Like

Hello ladies,

It kind of gives me the willies to be in here, but I just wanted to pop in for a moment and heartily recommend the following book, which I happened to find at a rummage sale:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OamTbNL4o_...iesmenlike.jpg

If you're really interested in serving your husband a slice of pie he'll truly appreciate, you can't go wrong with this book.

There's only one copy left on Amazon, though, and it's a little pricey at $653.32, but I figure maybe you could all pool your money and share one copy.

Another possibility is that if you had a particular pie in mind, you could always write to me, telling me exactly which kind you wanted to serve your husband and how you wanted to serve it to him, and then I could check the book and see if there was an appropriate recipe in there.

Which I would, of course, e-mail back to you.

Say, um, none of you are on your "lady time" right now, are you? I think I'd better just get on out of here right now...

WilliamJenningsBryan 01-21-2012 07:30 PM

Re: Pies Men Like

Thank you Brother Faith, for bringing this valuable book to our attention. Much like the Bible (KJV1611), no doubt its price reflects the value attributed to the long forgotten old ways – certainly before the so-called modern "nutritionists" started corrupting our diets.

I would like to express one reservation. I have a particular aversion to "meringue" (captioned on the book cover). I find this dried and crusted foamy white substance to be unappetizing and recommend that all Christian women avoid baking pies that incorporate meringues.

Faith_Machine 01-22-2012 12:10 AM

Isn't "meringue" also the name of some Mexican star from olden times? Carmen Meringue was her name, I think? I know it's something Mexican. Probably best to keep a close eye on it.

KittyKat 01-22-2012 02:05 AM

My dad loves creamy pies, like this:

http://newasiancuisine.com/wp-conten...nne-Chang1.jpg

I bake one every week for him

Little Donkey 01-22-2012 06:09 AM

I don't trust cream. You shouldn't either.

Faith_Machine 01-22-2012 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KittyKat (Post 840342)
My dad loves creamy pies, like this:

http://newasiancuisine.com/wp-conten...nne-Chang1.jpg

I bake one every week for him

Mmmmm, mmm! That does look like a mighty fine cream pie!

Just the other day, my neighbor's wife called me over to sample the cream pie her husband had given her. It was quite delicious. It was store bought, of course (honestly now, a man baking pies?), but it was still good. I told her she was lucky to have a husband who loved her enough to give her cream pies, and that I felt very blessed to be able to have a taste.

ditzygurl83 01-30-2012 08:33 PM

Oh Faith I would love to have you try my cream pie!! I think you would just love it!

Faith_Machine 01-30-2012 09:36 PM

I must warn you I do have a hearty appetite! One slice probably wouldn't be enough for me.

SUV 01-30-2012 10:51 PM

I heard some of the Pastors enthusiastically gabbing about "hair pie" but it just doesn't sound very God-darn hygienic to me :(

ditzygurl83 01-31-2012 12:06 AM

Oh Faith, you are welcome to have more then one slice. You can eat all my pie if you want! And SUV, my daddy has told me that some people do like hair pie, but he makes sure that there is no hair anywhere near my pie! He says nothing worse then getting hair from hair pie stuck in your teeth! Just stays with you all day he says! So we make sure that no hair comes from my pie!

SUV 01-31-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditzygurl83 (Post 843291)
Oh Faith, you are welcome to have more then one slice. You can eat all my pie if you want! And SUV, my daddy has told me that some people do like hair pie, but he makes sure that there is no hair anywhere near my pie! He says nothing worse then getting hair from hair pie stuck in your teeth! Just stays with you all day he says! So we make sure that no hair comes from my pie!

Very fine, Sister; very fine.

Keep up the Good Work and I am Certain® that one of our Godly Men will be along soon to do something about that unGodly name and "unsaved trash" designation :)

James Hutchins 01-31-2012 12:56 AM

I'll let you ladies in on a little secret. Less crust, more jiucy filling.

Also, as long as the pie is hot and dripping, we are not that particular about the type of pie as long as it is not sour.
It should be firm enough to not run but certainly not dry.
Several choices are always a good idea.
There is little a man likes more than a good spread. Whipped cream is often a plus.

Brother Harold Porter 01-31-2012 01:45 AM

I'm not much for this forum of cackling hens and try to avoid it whenever I can. I surely get enough every day with the nonsensical prattle of Mrs. Porter.

But I might add that the aroma of the pie is quite significant in appealing to the Christian man's hunger. I've often been told that the pie is very tasty, but my nose disagreed. If it doesn't smell just right, I could care less how it tastes. Just for what it's worth.

In Christ

ditzygurl83 01-31-2012 04:10 AM

Oh I am sure to keep my pie just the right amount of juiciness. Not too much crust, just a little mound. And juicy enough that it doesnt' drip all the time but after you're eating it some may run down your face a little bit.

SUV 01-31-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditzygurl83 (Post 843356)
it doesnt' drip all the time but after you're eating it some may run down your face a little bit.

This must be what's giving so many of our Pastors that "five o'clock shadow" :)

Lady Effect 01-31-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 843452)
This must be what's giving so many of our Pastors that "five o'clock shadow" :)

Teehee..:lol:

Wise pie-making tips and secrets, Ladies, thanks!

ditzygurl83 01-31-2012 06:04 PM

I just love making pies!! Nothing I like better then knowing my pie has satisfied someone like my daddy!

SUV 01-31-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditzygurl83 (Post 843475)
I just love making pies!! Nothing I like better then knowing my pie has satisfied someone like my daddy!

Some Daddies just can't quit! Why, they'd have to get arrested to slow down! :giggle:

ditzygurl83 01-31-2012 06:21 PM

My daddy would shoot someone if they tried arresting him to stop eating my pie! The only law we follow round here is God's law and he'll be damned if some "government" is gonna tell him if he can eat his daughters pie or not!!!!

SUV 02-01-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ditzygurl83 (Post 843489)
My daddy would shoot someone if they tried arresting him to stop eating my pie! The only law we follow round here is God's law and he'll be damned if some "government" is gonna tell him if he can eat his daughters pie or not!!!!

So True, so True, so True.

Just wait for one of our Pastors to stop by here and I'm Sure he'll wish to set you up with a Counseling session! Group Hugs!