The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=47186)

Dawkinian 06-10-2012 08:55 AM

Re: Selfishness makes America GREAT, except for the GREEDY poor!

Ok, how can you talk about economics when what is really at stake is the suffering of people. We should be doing our best to reduce the amount of suffering in the world by not allowing social Darwinism to claim the lives of the disenfranchised. Every suffering body, deprived of food and clean shelter (not wants) sends a signal to god, it's much like fast tithing. Ok, so that sends a message that suffering is still here, so why would god of jesus come back to a planet that is continuing to allow suffering of his fathers children... He wont. In fact is says "I will break the back bone of your power and give it to some one that don't even know my name" Which is what i believe is happening today. I have never seen so many scientists leave a country faster that right here, in the United States.

Pim Pendergast 06-10-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawkinian (Post 894270)
Ok, how can you talk about economics when what is really at stake is the suffering of people. We should be doing our best to reduce the amount of suffering in the world by not allowing social Darwinism to claim the lives of the disenfranchised.

Can I just point out that there is no such thing as social Darwinism. That is a term you have made up. Darwinism is the heresy of evolution. And why should we be trying to reduce suffering? If God has brought suffering on a person to test their faith or punish them, what right do we have to interfere?

Quote:

Every suffering body, deprived of food and clean shelter (not wants) sends a signal to god, it's much like fast tithing. Ok, so that sends a message that suffering is still here, so why would god of jesus come back to a planet that is continuing to allow suffering of his fathers children... He wont.
Am I the only person who finds this incoherent? Fast tithing? The god of jesus?

Quote:

In fact is says "I will break the back bone of your power and give it to some one that don't even know my name"
Where?

Quote:

I have never seen so many scientists leave a country faster that right here, in the United States.
Scientists are leaving the country because God is driving out those who hold to Darwinism.

hellfire Republican 06-14-2012 06:42 PM

Yes it is very hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven, but it is not impossible. It just depends on whether or not you value your money more than your salvation.

Bobby-Joe 06-14-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Republicanhellfire (Post 895823)
Yes it is very hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven, but it is not impossible. It just depends on whether or not you value your money more than your salvation.

Were do you get that idea friend? God wouldn't let a a rich man be rich in a Christian country like America unless he was also a good man.

MisterM 06-14-2012 08:57 PM

Think about Europe. Europe is a country that had good economic growth and was becoming more and more like America. Then the Green party and other lieberal forces took over the politics. Look the Europe now, they are in the regression and people, even the rich are suffering.

God gives plenty for those who believe and others are jealous and will call it selfishness or greed.

It is the poor who really are greedy and want more than God provides.

Pen Eses Eater 06-19-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pim Pendergast (Post 894273)
Can I just point out that there is no such thing as social Darwinism. That is a term you have made up. Darwinism is the heresy of evolution. And why should we be trying to reduce suffering? If God has brought suffering on a person to test their faith or punish them, what right do we have to interfere?

Darwinism-a theory of organic evolution claiming that new species arise and are perpetuated by natural selection.

Evolution is a fact of life. There is no refutation on evolution. The only thing you can possibly say is that God forced the hand of evolution, but that would still be stretching it.

Pastor Ezekiel 06-20-2012 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pen Eses Eater (Post 897585)
There is no refutation on evolution.

Wrong again, queer. :badmood:

RoryReloaded 06-22-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 897941)
Wrong again, queer. :badmood:

you're wrong for saying he's wrong
wrong