The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Harvard study - average IQ by religion (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=40325)

Pastor Ezekiel 04-21-2010 02:54 PM

Re: Harvard study - average IQ by religion

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimp (Post 511885)
INtellegence has nthign to do with religion. Just people with a higher IQ can see (supposedly) more logically. May I ask what your IQs are?

My IQ is 162, but honestly I could care less.

Who needs IQ when we have Jesus?

Ezekiel Bathfire 04-21-2010 03:00 PM

157 when last measured: my moving average based upon 22 different tests over 39 years is 158.43.

(I'm surprised that you ask these questions when you know you will not be able to understand the answers.)

True Disciple 04-21-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 511912)
My IQ is 162, but honestly I could care less.

Who needs IQ when we have Jesus?

I agree, Pastor. After all, the only IQ that matters is the IQ of Jesus, which is as infinite as the amount of time this sinner will spent in torment in the Lake of Fire. And as Jesus' IQ is infinite, so is ours:

Galatians 2:20:

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As True Christians™, we don't say or do anything: it is really Jesus Who says and does the things we say and do. Therefore, our actions are guided by Someone with an infinite IQ. Which makes us right about everything by definition, of course.:thumbsup:

Logan 04-22-2010 05:26 AM

The IQ of Jesus is so high, He knows exactly why man holes are round.

God all mighty I hope someone caught that.

Levi Jones 04-22-2010 05:53 AM

All this talk of IQ is meaningless. Knowledge merely puffs us up. The only thing that matters is that we love God.

1 Corinthians 8:1-3

Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

elliot the whiney teenager 04-22-2010 09:12 PM

[QUOTE=Jacob11;501724]True, but Joos are also supposed to kill homos (they have Leviticus in their "torah" too; I think they copied it from us :angry:)QUOTE]

you do realize that judaism is older than christianity. the torah is the first five books in the bible. in fact christianity is based on judaism. jesus was a jew. did you even read the bible. you should realy look more into the history of your religion. mabye you will learn something about what you worship.

Zukias 04-05-2011 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob11 (Post 501078)
Muslim- 92
Christian- 98
Pagan- 98
Hindu- 104
Buddhist- 108
Jew- 115
Atheist- 119

What do you think? Is it really probably that joos, athians, etc. are smarter than us? Personally, I think this is all a load of crap. Anyone who can't accept the LORD Jesus is obviously quite stupid. :thumbdown:

Hi, sorry to bring up an old post, I came across this on a search engine saw some dodgy replies & thought I'd bring up a more reliable study than the one in the OP which seems a bit biased and exagerated, also comes with an explanation of the results.

Study

In 2008, intelligence researcher Helmuth Nyborg examined whether IQ relates to denomination and income, using representative data from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth, which includes intelligence tests on a representative selection of white American youth, where they have also replied to questions about religious belief. His results, published in the scientific journal Intelligence demonstrated that on average, Atheists scored 1.95 IQ points higher than Agnostics, 3.82 points higher than Liberal persuasions, and 5.89 IQ points higher than Dogmatic persuasions.

Helmuth concludes from this that:
"I'm not saying that believing in God makes you dumber. My hypothesis is that people with a low intelligence are more easily drawn toward religions, which give answers that are certain, while people with a high intelligence are more skeptical," says the professor.
in the speech marks

Source:

The intelligence–religiosity nexus: A representative study of white adolescent Americans
Helmuth Nyborg1, a, http://www.sciencedirect.com/scidiri...es/REemail.gif
aUniversity of Aarhus, Denmark (1968–2007)

Received 25 March 2008;
revised 7 August 2008;
accepted 11 August 2008.
Available online 16 September 2008.
are more skeptical," says the professor."

Wide-Open 04-06-2011 12:04 AM

I can assure you my IK was off the scale! :glare:

I-Hate-Juice 04-06-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrimp (Post 511885)
INtellegence has nthign to do with religion. Just people with a higher IQ can see (supposedly) more logically. May I ask what your IQs are?

Mine is extremely high, actually above standard charts so I have no exact number to give you. Thou I must clarify this a bit. As I currently still live in Finland, the IQ-charts for the most extreme and sophisticated tests available here, end at 160, so it´s really not a big deal to be a supergenius here (although I´m the only one to surpass the 160 mark).

To avoid looking like an arrogant genius to other eskimos IRL, I always answer to their inquirys about my IQ, simply by saying "I don´t use any sorts of instant messaging-software."

God made me this smart and for that I´m thankful.

YiC
Paavali

Jedediah 04-06-2011 05:54 AM

All this talk of "IQ" amounts to little more than mental masturbation. How much good are all those "IQ" points going to do you when you're burning in eternal hellfire? If our LORD didn't learn letters, then neither do we!

John 7:14-16
Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into the temple, and taught.
And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?
Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

There is nothing worth knowing outside of what is in the Holy Bible (KJV 1611). God left complete Instructions for us, and who are we to look elsewhere for answers? These "IQ" tests are biased toward people who look outside the Bible for guidance, and as such, they are to be disregarded.

This is yet one more example of how we, Jesus' elect, endure persecution on a daily basis.

True Disciple 04-06-2011 10:12 AM

What atheists do not realize that their high IQ scores are only of a temporal nature, as Jesus is going to reset them to zero when He returns:

1 Corinthians 1:19:
For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

MitzaLizalor 04-06-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ringworm (Post 506272)
I haven't seen the study

ringworm ought to do some homework

more
Quote:

Many potential-based tests are also norm-referenced. When a standardized test is normed, it means that it was initially administered to a large number of children, usually in the thousands. Ideally, this norm group is characteristic of the children who ultimately will be taking the standardized instrument.
Ecclesiastes 4:5

See also this thread which I have been advised contains additional information

just .
:crack: . . say.
“No”

MisterM 04-07-2011 08:23 PM

This is beating a dead horse, but this kind of study has never been done in Harvard. Results are fake as are many other similar "results" found in the Internet. Originally this fake was said to be IQ in states by religion.

Anyway, you can see from the numbers that it is impossible. Average IQ in states is about 98 and there are lot less muslims that others claimed to have better IQ than 100. So the numbers are bs.

Even if we consider this to be world rating, the numbers do not match. Remember, average person is rated 100, IQ is always relative to that. Also the considering the deviation and number of people representing each religion, those IQ numbers are impossible.

Summa summarum as catlic latin speaking heathen would say, these numbers are just some "fact" that is used by either atheist or joos to troll.

There has been other studies in states where they have studied intelligence and religion and there has been negative correlation toward religion. But to understand the results, you need to understand the backgound of the people studied. Like the fact is that catlics and negros (who are highly religious) have lower IQ that will drag down the IQ of True Christians.

Also same of theses studies are made among the university students and how many True Christians would really attend non Christian university. And there also are those "students" that play basket ball...guess what they do to the average IQ...

Sorry again my text. These pills I got after operation are really making me weird, even the whisky I drank tested like petrol after the pills.

I think I have to now go and shoot the indians dancing in my backyard.

Booger 04-08-2011 02:33 PM

Hahaha you can never have a high IQ if you just read the bible, intelligence is based on math, reading, writing...and honestly there is no trig or calc in the bible, there are no hard words in the bible to increase your brain capacity...and the writing? I didn't know that using the words "ye","o'er", etc. were considered proper ;) Atheists on the other hand use rational thinking, and actually pay attention in school lol...knowledge of the bible definitely doesn't give you a higher IQ, it obviously lowers it.

Two-Dollar Bill 04-08-2011 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booger (Post 727857)
Hahaha you can never have a high IQ if you just read the bible, intelligence is based on math, reading, writing...and honestly there is no trig or calc in the bible, there are no hard words in the bible to increase your brain capacity...and the writing? I didn't know that using the words "ye","o'er", etc. were considered proper ;) Atheists on the other hand use rational thinking, and actually pay attention in school lol...knowledge of the bible definitely doesn't give you a higher IQ, it obviously lowers it.

Son, look at that heap of babble you so kindly graced our forums with. (It is above, I made some of it red. The red part is irony. It is ironic because how would someone who writes like that have any concept of what is proper linguistically.)

Cranky Old Man 04-08-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booger (Post 727857)
Hahaha you can never have a high IQ if you just read the bible, intelligence is based on math, reading, writing...and honestly there is no trig or calc in the bible, there are no hard words in the bible to increase your brain capacity...and the writing? I didn't know that using the words "ye","o'er", etc. were considered proper Atheists on the other hand use rational thinking, and actually pay attention in school lol...knowledge of the bible definitely doesn't give you a higher IQ, it obviously lowers it.

You might be too stupid to understand this, but I will try anyway. I cannot help being a nice and helpful person.

The I in IQ stands for intelligence. It is something you are born with. Doing math will not increase your IQ. Proper certified IQ tests do not even contain math.

Let me show an example IQ test question to demonstrate this:
http://i.imgur.com/6INwu.jpg

As you can see there are no numbers or reading involved here.

Booger 04-08-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two-Dollar Bill (Post 727860)
Son, look at that heap of babble you so kindly graced our forums with. (It is above, I made some of it red. The red part is irony. It is ironic because how would someone who writes like that have any concept of what is proper linguistically.)

Lol that's all in your bible so thanks for saying the bible is improper linguistics ;) I love you guys you make me happy everyday

And to you cranky, times have changed this isn't 1923 anymore whenever you do intelligence testing there is always math, reading, writing etc...so just be happy the poll said your IQ was even that high, because frankly that's being generous.

MitzaLizalor 04-08-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booger (Post 727959)
Lol that's all in your bible so thanks for saying the bible is improper linguistics ;) I love you guys you make me happy everyday

And to you cranky, times have changed this isn't 1923 anymore whenever you do intelligence testing there is always math, reading, writing etc...so just be happy the poll said your IQ was even that high, because frankly that's being generous.

The progressive matrix does not date from 1923. SOURCE

Johny Joe Hold 04-08-2011 07:31 PM

One thing we can take heart from in the IQ study is this. It is temporary.

It is temporary because the atheists include a lot of homers. Since homers do not reproduce, we can all see the outcome--no little homers, or atheists.

As always, True Christians ™ will prevail.

Cranky Old Man 04-08-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booger (Post 727959)

You are clearly mixing up IQ tests with assessments. Your IQ is probably too low to realize this so I am going to give up on you now.