The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The introduction forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Our policy on avatars (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=20467)

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 03-08-2009 02:46 PM

Our policy on avatars

We believe that our comminity works better when everybody uses real pictures of themselves as their avatars.

However, due to the sudden onset of tyranny in the United States, we understand if some don't feel confortable posting pictures that will make FEMA's job easier when they try to round us up and put us in their FEMA death-camps. (Yes there are FEMA death camps. No, you can't find them on google-earth, because of google's liberal bias)

Thus we will tolerate a few avatars that are not literally photos of True Christians, but we do ask that you choose pictures of people that at least look like you, or can in some way represent you.

It is very disturbing to go to other forums, where people regularly converse with cartoon characters, kittens, sunsets, symbols, and video game icons. It is likely to bring about LSD flashbacks for those of us who survived the 1960s, when hippies regularily put LSD into water supplies.

No, my friends, the only things True Christians talk to are Humans, talking snakes, burning bushes, and fig trees that deserve cursing.

If you don't use your actual photo for your avatar, please say so here, and explain who your avatar is and why you chose them to represent you.

Nobar King 03-08-2009 02:53 PM

Re: Our policy on avatars

Thanks, Jeb, I've seen some pretty wacky avatars, and sometimes I get disturbed. I think that's the intention. It would be nice if people used their real names, too, and not junk like TwistedvampierXXX9321.

SayvedByTheLord 03-08-2009 03:42 PM

I don't know why anyone would not use their real picture for an avatar. I am so filled with God's Love, I want everyone to see it in my eyes.

PRAISE!

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-08-2009 04:36 PM

There is only one Ezekiel Bathfire on God's Earth. There would be little point in trying to disguise myself for security purposes, especially when The Lord watches over me.

Daisy Mae Johnson 03-08-2009 05:09 PM

That's crazy! Who in their right mind would waste time on a computer pretending to be someone they are not. It's down right creepy if you ask me.

Wide-Open 03-08-2009 05:37 PM

Well, I have to admit that my picture was taken many moons ago. I don't look as sharp today - there's a bit more "gray" around the edges :blush: - but still sharp enough. :thumbsup:

Mistress Cookie 03-08-2009 09:06 PM

I think a sure sign of a snoopy sneak-thief atheist is when they refuse to show their FACE to God and his favorite churchgoers. My own photo was taken at my husband's funeral about a year ago. That's why I look so sad and lost.

I do understand that some of our Menfolk have gone through great ravages while fighting a lifetime in Christ's War, and bear the scars today. So if they choose to use a picture of an ancestor or something, of course I accept that without judgment.

I find the so-called "Wii" avatars especially scary....God did not make Man in a computerized image.

Pastor Al E Pistle 03-08-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 303750)
We believe that our comminity works better when everybody uses real pictures of themselves as their avatars.

However, due to the sudden onset of tyranny in the United States, we understand if some don't feel confortable posting pictures that will make FEMA's job easier when they try to round us up and put us in their FEMA death-camps. (Yes there are FEMA death camps. No, you can't find them on google-earth, because of google's liberal bias)

Thus we will tolerate a few avatars that are not literally photos of True Christians, but we do ask that you choose pictures of people that at least look like you, or can in some way represent you.

It is very disturbing to go to other forums, where people regularly converse with cartoon characters, kittens, sunsets, symbols, and video game icons. It is likely to bring about LSD flashbacks for those of us who survived the 1960s, when hippies regularily put LSD into water supplies.

No, my friends, the only things True Christians talk to are Humans, talking snakes, burning bushes, and fig trees that deserve cursing.

If you don't use your actual photo for your avatar, please say so here, and explain who your avatar is and why you chose them to represent you.

Brother, I am the FEMA assistant communications coordinator for Hawaii. WE will run the camps; and the first one, Landover West, will be a model for generations to come. "Work makes you free!"

Eugene Hackwith 03-08-2009 09:46 PM

I'll admit, these years of hard work have not been gentle to me, but at least I have the courage to show my face, with all its flaws and lifelines, as I attest to the glory of the LORD. All those years driving an open-air tractor without sunscreen didn't do me any favors, that's for sure.

Mistress Cookie 03-08-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eugene Hackwith (Post 303825)
I'll admit, these years of hard work have not been gentle to me, but at least I have the courage to show my face, with all its flaws and lifelines, as I attest to the glory of the LORD.

Amen, Brother. Your devotion to God and His Church shine through your eyes, making you glorious as your Holy Mission :wub:

Who wants a gent who looks like he spent his days at Elizabeth Arden, anyway? You're the REAL THING

Pastor Ezekiel 03-09-2009 04:37 AM

Everyone knows me. My avatar is the same photograph they use for all Landover publications. For anyone interested, my bio can be viewed HERE.

It's just me, your humble True Christian™ Pastor.

JennyD 03-09-2009 05:59 AM

Of course I use my own photo. You'll see it follow me around the Internet as well.

What's that? You can't recognize my face from it?

Well, if you'd dealt with the online stalkers I've had to put up with, you'd want just a shade of privacy as well.

Redeemed Papist 03-22-2012 10:29 PM

When I first joined I was so full of zeal to show my conversion from bead jiggling I had this http://www.landoverbaptist.net/custo...pic36109_1.gif as my avatar but I quickly realised that people want to connect with the actual person behind God's love.

TheLordSavedMe 07-27-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeb Thurmond (Post 303750)
It is very disturbing to go to other forums, where people regularly converse with cartoon characters, kittens, sunsets, symbols, and video game icons.

I know, right?:fear2:

On other forums, it's like totalllllllllly confusing when you're like talking with somebody and you're trying to picture what they look like and everything, and their avatar is the three eyed fish from the Simpsons!:(

So anyways, this is really me in my avatar. I wish :wub:JESUS:wub: had made me cuter, like Miss April or Felicity, but He did let me be a True Christian™, and that's pretty cool!:yes:

:praise:

Tammi :innocent3:

Professor Bessemer 07-27-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLordSavedMe (Post 910959)
I know, right?:fear2:

On other forums, it's like totalllllllllly confusing when you're like talking with somebody and you're trying to picture what they look like and everything, and their avatar is the three eyed fish from the Simpsons!:(

So anyways, this is really me in my avatar. I wish :wub:JESUS:wub: had made me cuter, like Miss April or Felicity, but He did let me be a True Christian™, and that's pretty cool!:yes:

:praise:

Tammi :innocent3:

Right you are Tammi! There is no point in hiding your true self on the internets, because that is a form of lying, and the Lord is no great fan of dishonesty.

Quote:

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Revelation 21:7-9
That is why I use a picture of myself that was taken when I was a raging homo sex fiend. It reminds me of how much God hated me when I was constantly receiving the erections of thousands anonymous queers into my now ruined anus. If you look closely at my avatar, you can see the animalistic fag lust in my eyes. I find it quite chilling to behold the face of the evil queer monster that I used to be. But it helps me know, on a daily basis, that I made the right choice when I chose to give up faggotry and give my soul to Jesus! Praise!

Capt. Aaron Portway 07-27-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Professor Bessemer (Post 910961)
That is why I use a picture of myself that was taken when I was a raging homo sex fiend. It reminds me of how much God hated me when I was constantly receiving the erections of thousands anonymous queers into my now ruined anus. If you look closely at my avatar, you can see the animalistic fag lust in my eyes. I find it quite chilling to behold the face of the evil queer monster that I used to be. But it helps me know, on a daily basis, that I made the right choice when I chose to give up faggotry and give my soul to Jesus! Praise!

Don't take this wrong way Professor, but your avatar gives me the creeps!:fear2: I never knew that the picture was so old, but it makes sense that it'd give me the willies, seeing as you were a disgusting butt pirate when it was taken. :thumbdown:

As far as my avatar is concerned, it's the pic from my Landover AirJesus ID badge. I think I look pretty good, right? I'm no Tom Selleck or anything, but I'm not the ugliest guy on the block either. I'm just as God made me, so there!

Mrs. Naomi Portway 07-27-2012 04:50 PM

Aaron wanted me to post here and say that I wouldn't ever post a picture that wasn't me, and I don't wear make up, because I'm not some slutty street whore trying to make a buck. Besides, I'm already married and Aaron knows what I look like at my worst, so there's no point in pretending I'm not ugly.

Mary Etheldreda 07-27-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Aw Tammy, I think you're just lovely! Beautiful on the inside because you have suppressed that sin nature you were born with and let Christ shine through instead!

I like to use my real face so people know they are talking to a real person, not some computer "bot" set up to answer any post with one of a number of possible comments. This photo was taking outside the church kitchen where we had helped cleaned up after one of the teen "lock-downs." I was so excited to know young people had given their lives to Christ that night! I just can't keep the excitement to myself! I LOVE JESUS!

Billy Bob Jenkins 07-27-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

He did let me be a True Christian™, and that's pretty cool!:yes:

Yes, that is pretty cool indeed. Now you don't have to burn in Hell with all the filthy sodomites. I for one will enjoy having you around in Heaven, so that we can take pleasure in the certainty that everyone who disagrees with us is experiencing ineffable anguish that will never, ever end. :)

Brother Harold Porter 07-27-2012 05:47 PM

My portrait was taken the day I became an Amway Independent Business Owner. Confident and motivated in my brand new business suit (wrinkle-free rayon blend), you can see just how happy I was that special day. Other than when I decided to no longer be a homosexual, this was the proudest moment of my life, praise God!