The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Catholic Superstition (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Phelps Was Right! "Holy" Water Brimming With Feces (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=92928)

Virginia Day Templeton 09-15-2013 05:42 AM

Phelps Was Right! "Holy" Water Brimming With Feces

"On John Paul II’s watch, the Catholic Church became the CHURCH OF THE HOLY PEDOPHILES and sodomite feces and semen replaced bread and wine."
— Rev. Fred Phelps

I always thought the good Reverend was being metaphorical here. Turns out he wasn't. A new study shows that "holy" water is saturated with fecal bacteria and other nasties, enough to cause serious health problems if ingested—which is exactly what happens when the stuff touches your lips. I just can't get over how gross this is.

Quote:

Holy Water May be Harmful to Your Health, Study Finds

By Liz Fields | Good Morning America – 6 hours ago

Despite its purported cleansing properties, holy water could actually be more harmful than healing, according to a new Austrian study on "holy" springs.

Researchers at the Institute of Hygiene and Applied Immunology at the Medical University of Vienna tested water from 21 springs in Austria and 18 fonts in Vienna and found samples contained up to 62 million bacteria per milliliter of water, none of it safe to drink.

Tests indicated 86 percent of the holy water, commonly used in baptism ceremonies and to wet congregants' lips, was infected with common bacteria found in fecal matter such as E. coli, enterococci and Campylobacter, which can lead to diarrhea, cramping, abdominal pain, and fever.

Nitrates, commonly found in fertilizer from farms, were also identified in the water. If ingested, water containing nitrates over the maximum contaminant level could cause serious illness, especially in infants younger than 6 months, which could lead to death if untreated, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

"We need to warn people against drinking from these sources," said Dr Alexander Kirschner, study researcher and microbiologist at the Medical University of Vienna.

The study, published in the Journal of Water and Health, also found that all church and hospital chapel fonts contained bacteria -- the busier the church, the higher the bacterial count.

"This may represent a problem that has hitherto been underestimated, especially in hospitals, since there a lot of people with weakened immune systems there," Kirschner said.

There have been advances made for the more hygienic use of holy water, including the invention of a holy water dispenser a few years ago by an Italian priest, while studies have also indicated that adding salt (at recommended levels of 20 percent) can help disinfect the water.

But Kirschner cautions that salt is not a reliable way to prevent infection and instead recommends priests regularly change the holy water in churches and erect signs to inform congregants about the dangers as well as of the history of the holy springs.
Sounds like they didn't measure the amount of semen in the water, but it's got to be high. I don't even want to know what's in the cookies.

Pastor Ed Lowman 09-15-2013 09:00 AM

Re: Phelps Was Right! "Holy" Water Brimming With Feces

I'd imagine one would feel horrible just from ingesting all that vaseline floating around in the water, not counting the other nasties.

Ezekiel Bathfire 09-15-2013 11:52 AM

Re: Phelps Was Right! "Holy" Water Brimming With Feces

Bacteria, eh? A fancy name for demons. Did we need more proof that the Church of Rome is the social club of the minions of Satan? Did we need to know that an agonizing death of body and soul is the reward for worshiping Mary?

I would put nothing in my mouth that came from a Catlick church.