The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tolerance (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=8116)

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-19-2007 09:45 PM

Tolerance

One of the most common criticisms of True Christianity™ by hellbound trash is that we True Christians™ aren't tolerant. Phony-baloney liberal "Christians" seem to be under the delusion that the Bible commands tolerance. If they actually pulled the shrink wrap off of their Bibles, they would know that the exact opposite is true.

Here is what both the Old and New Testaments say about tolerance for sin:

Ezekiel 33:8-9: When I say unto the wicked, O wicked [man], thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked [man] shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Nevertheless, if thou warn the wicked of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul.

Revelation 2:1-6: Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent. But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

These Scripture passages do speak of tolerance, but they don't exactly identify it as a virtue, do they?

Yes, there is a place for Christian love. But keep in mind that true Christian love does not tolerate sin, but instead motivates us to lead people away from it:

Galatians 6:1: Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

James 5:19-20: Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Finally, some hippy-dippy liberal "Christians" say that the New Testament calls us to be more tolerant than the Old Testament did. Then let them explain this:

Acts 17:30-31: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by [that] man whom he hath ordained; [whereof] he hath given assurance unto all [men], in that he hath raised him from the dead.

TwinkBoy 01-20-2007 04:45 AM

Re: Tolerance

Well your NOT really toleratant, MSTT love!! In fact, most are INtolerant and overflowing with SELF RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENTS and ASSumptions!! Someone comes here and you people immediately jump on them and begin making all sorts of UNFOUNDED ASSumptions calling them, usually, HOMERS. I must say, love, I've never been in the midst of soooo many HOMOPHOBIC people. Perhaps, love, if true xtians were a BIT MORE tolerant without the ASSuming and judgements things MIGHT go a bit better for EVERYONE involved. What do you think MSTT love?

:)
Twink

OnYourKnees 01-20-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinkBoy (Post 34428)
Well your NOT really toleratant, MSTT love!! In fact, most are INtolerant and overflowing with SELF RIGHTEOUS JUDGEMENTS and ASSumptions!! Someone comes here and you people immediately jump on them and begin making all sorts of UNFOUNDED ASSumptions calling them, usually, HOMERS. I must say, love, I've never been in the midst of soooo many HOMOPHOBIC people. Perhaps, love, if true xtians were a BIT MORE tolerant without the ASSuming and judgements things MIGHT go a bit better for EVERYONE involved. What do you think MSTT love?

Twink

God hates homers, and those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex, and commands us to stone them. You've been repeatedly shown the verses which so direct us. Why must you belabor the point ad nauseam? Talk to God about His rules if you don't like them.

You're boring and witless, and on the verge of an infraction for so being. Really. :thumbdown:

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-20-2007 05:03 PM

Quote:

What do you think MSTT love?

First, I think you should stop calling me "love" unless you mean it in Christian love, which I doubt. Second, I think that it is you who are intolerant of Jesus. What did He ever do to you, other than provide a way for you to escape eternal damnation? Almighty God temporarily sacrificed Himself to Himself to avert His own wrath, and He did it all so that you could be saved. Does that mean nothing to you?

Mrs. Mary Whitford 01-20-2007 07:10 PM

Quote:

Twink

I tend to IGNORE your VILE and SINFUL posts, "love", but I have to say YOU make it EASY by making it HARD to read your TRASH, "love".

Brother Love 01-21-2007 01:28 PM

Twink you are the epitemy of abomination! You are SIN incarnate! God is not intolerant and neither are we as True Christians. As posted previously, God in the form of JESUS died for your sins so his WRATH would be averted and you had better thank JESUS for that because otherwise you (and everyone like you) would be feeling the WRATH OF THE LORD right now!

Mirior 12-06-2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnYourKnees (Post 34478)
God hates homers, and those who wear the clothes of the opposite sex, and commands us to stone them. You've been repeatedly shown the verses which so direct us. Why must you belabor the point ad nauseam? Talk to God about His rules if you don't like them.

You're boring and witless, and on the verge of an infraction for so being. Really. :thumbdown:

Except that he's not defending homosexuality, he's saying that it's wrong to assume someone is homosexual for no good reason, which he also claims (I haven't read enough of these forums to know) you are doing.

Now, can someone please actually respond to the intent of his post instead of simply side-stepping the issue and attacking him?

Deaner 12-06-2007 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirior (Post 115524)
Except that he's not defending homosexuality, he's saying that it's wrong to assume someone is homosexual for no good reason, which he also claims (I haven't read enough of these forums to know) you are doing.

He's a man wearing makeup; fishnet stockings and lingerie. How are we supposed to not assume? Do you want us to wait until he posts a video of himself sodomizing a young child?

Mirior 12-06-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deaner (Post 115529)
He's a man wearing makeup; fishnet stockings and lingerie. How are we supposed to not assume? Do you want us to wait until he posts a video of himself sodomizing a young child?

Go ahead and assume about him. But the impression I got from his quote as that assumptions are made about many people, not just him. If I'm wrong about this, please tell me.

Wowsers 12-06-2007 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirior
Go ahead and assume about him. But the impression I got from his quote as that assumptions are made about many people, not just him. If I'm wrong about this, please tell me.

Assumptions seem to be commonplace around here.

cornyjohn 01-24-2008 06:06 AM

Your passages neither condone tolerance nor prohibit it. Therefore, I choose tolerance. Tolerance does NOT mean that you don't warn others. It simply means I won't demand that you do things my way to get the same results. Hey, if it works, it works. Who cares how you get there?

Brother Temperance 01-24-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cornyjohn (Post 133142)
Your passages neither condone tolerance nor prohibit it. Therefore, I choose tolerance. Tolerance does NOT mean that you don't warn others. It simply means I won't demand that you do things my way to get the same results. Hey, if it works, it works. Who cares how you get there?

Yes, if it works it works, but sadly most variants of modern "Christianity" completely and utterly FAIL at even pretending to follow God's word! We don't care how you get to Heaven, but we do care about making sure people don't get to Hell instead!

Pastor Billy-Reuben 02-06-2008 01:03 PM

Joshjg, your topic has been moved to its own thread, here.

Leper Troll 02-13-2008 02:28 PM

not to sound like im whining or anything but i dont think that i have been shown any tolerance since ive been on this site. Im Pagan and I know how christians feel about other religions but you are supposed to hate the actions not the person right?

I came here to try to find my way back to God but all you people do is call me gay (when im not) yell saying that im going to hell(i know this calm down a bit) and make me feel unwelcome and that there is no chance of Jesus Christ ever accepting me.

Daisy Mae Johnson 02-13-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leper Troll (Post 143939)
not to sound like im whining or anything but i dont think that i have been shown any tolerance since ive been on this site. Im Pagan and I know how christians feel about other religions but you are supposed to hate the actions not the person right?

I came here to try to find my way back to God but all you people do is call me gay (when im not) yell saying that im going to hell(i know this calm down a bit) and make me feel unwelcome and that there is no chance of Jesus Christ ever accepting me.

JESUS hates cry babies.

And you ARE whining.

VictoryOS 02-13-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Your name is "Leper Troll" and you have some sort of pentagram as your avatar. Did you really expect us to take you seriously and treat you like an adult?

Pastor Isaac Peters 02-13-2008 09:49 PM

Quote:

...you are supposed to hate the actions not the person right?

Chapter and verse, please.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-13-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

No one is yelling at you. We are True Christians™, and it is our God-given duty to rebuke unsaved scum such as yourself. Nowhere in the Holy Bible are we commanded to tolerate heathens such as yourself. Quite the contrary.

"Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" -- 2 John 1:9-11

Don't come in here trying to cram your personal brand of satan worship down our throats.

If you truly want to find out about Jesus, then start by reading the Holy Bible and the many threads on this Godly forum, and stop whining like a sissyboy.

caitlin 02-18-2008 09:41 AM

I can't say that people are tolerant here (besides Zeke, he seems to be a rare case so this is not directed at you), but I do have some advice to stop the ongoing constant accusations that people here are known as "Christian Extremists":

- Don't judge people until you actually understand where they are coming from, thinking you do know is different to asking if you have it right.
- Knowing other religions beliefs, reading their "version" of a bible/Qu'ran is a start. It may even enlighten you and help you better understand your own. Even say, "Wow, this is directly parallel to my bible"
- People are not "unsaved trash" this is rude and is a very negative put-down to call someone hence why alot of people are negative towards you all, too my first point, it is not your place to judge. Jesus will do that so nothing needs to be said. Leave it to the man in charge.
- No one is more important than anyone else. In the large scheme of it. We are all insignificant earthlings with our own morals and beliefs. Asians, Europeans, Australians, Africans, Canadian, Americans we are all the same. Thinking your above anyone is discusting. I can tell you right now that if one of you did, sure there will be upset people, but to most people... who are you. If America suddenly combusted, Im sorry to say but 99 percent of other countries will be cheering rather than crying.

Lastly.... What is a religion?
Religion is your OWN PERSONAL beliefs. Whether it is believing in a God or multiple. I don't see know one person can be so ignorant to think that there are no other possibilities in the world. Christianity, Anglican, Catholic, Muslim. All it is is categorising beliefs. The sign of a strong person is not one that follows the flock, but one that listens different views and makes up their own mind. I personally think that many people here need to grow a spine.

Banning me or giving me an infraction to this is just proving my point.
Just remember, it is better to attract people to your religion than turn them off and about now I am tempted to run

Talitha 02-18-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caitlin (Post 146990)
I can't say that people are tolerant here (besides Zeke, he seems to be a rare case so this is not directed at you), but I do have some advice to stop the ongoing constant accusations that people here are known as "Christian Extremists":

Please stop flirting with the Good Pastor :angry:

Quote:

- Don't judge people until you actually understand where they are coming from, thinking you do know is different to asking if you have it right.
- Knowing other religions beliefs, reading their "version" of a bible/Qu'ran is a start. It may even enlighten you and help you better understand your own. Even say, "Wow, this is directly parallel to my bible"

We aren't here to agree with other people of false Religion. We are here to Save them from Eternal Damnation.
Quote:

People are not "unsaved trash" this is rude and is a very negative put-down to call someone hence why alot of people are negative towards you all, too my first point, it is not your place to judge.

This is merely a label to sort the "Wheat from the Chaff". It's no good being uppitty!! We are all guests in God's favorite Forum. You will abide by our Terms and conditions and like it.
Quote:

Jesus will do that so nothing needs to be said. Leave it to the man in charge.
- No one is more important than anyone else. In the large scheme of it. We are all insignificant earthlings with our own morals and beliefs.

That's true but as it stands, we are the True believers in Christ and the chosen one's.
Quote:

Asians, Europeans, Australians, Africans, Canadian, Americans we are all the same. Thinking your above anyone is discusting. I can tell you right now that if one of you did, sure there will be upset people, but to most people... who are you.
If America suddenly combusted, Im sorry to say but 99 percent of other countries will be cheering rather than crying.

Let them cheer. It'll be short-lived. When Jesus returns to Kill them all we shall be the one's looking down from Heaven and cheering.
Quote:

Lastly.... What is a religion?
Religion is your OWN PERSONAL beliefs. Whether it is believing in a God or multiple. I don't see know one person can be so ignorant to think that there are no other possibilities in the world. Christianity, Anglican, Catholic, Muslim. All it is is categorising beliefs. The sign of a strong person is not one that follows the flock, but one that listens different views and makes up their own mind. I personally think that many people here need to grow a spine.

Banning me or giving me an infraction to this is just proving my point.
Just remember, it is better to attract people to your religion than turn them off and about now I am tempted to run

Religion is a 100% Faith in Jesus Christ. No other God/Savior will do. As a True Christian™ having belief in the words of the only TRUE Bible (KJV) I can only warn others of the terrible mistake of Worshiping False Idols and Monkeys.

PRAISE JESUS :jesus: