The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   For Sale: "One Night in Bangkok" (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=61155)

Born Again Bob 03-13-2011 04:18 PM

For Sale: "One Night in Bangkok"

Dear Friends,

I may have mistakenly bought the rights to Murray Head's 80s hit, "One Night in Bangkok" for $1.2 million. Video here. Any idea what I could DO with the rights to "One Night in Bangkok"? This is the LAST time I play "Drunken eBay Chicken" with Rupert Murdoch!

Yours in Him,
BAB :innocent:

Benedict A. Davis 03-13-2011 04:53 PM

Re: Help Lil' Ol' BAB!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born Again Bob (Post 710013)
Dear Friends,

I may have mistakenly bought the rights to Murray Head's 80s hit, "One Night in Bangkok" for $1.2 million. Video here. Any idea what I could DO with the rights to "One Night in Bangkok"? This is the LAST time I play "Drunken eBay Chicken" with Rupert Murdoch!

Yours in Him,

If you were thinking you have problems, you were right. Phelps over at Westboro suggests you keep quiet about owning the rights and hope somebody lampoons the song, then sue them especially if it were a Nike or Ford Motor Company. I honestly couldn't see where that song would sell shoes or pick up trucks though. Good luck!

Ezekiel Bathfire 03-13-2011 10:21 PM

Recoup your losses by investing heavily in Japan - shares have hit a low and can only recover.

HTannor 03-14-2011 11:33 AM

I've always found the name Bangcock to be very disturbing what with it's homeristic implications.

So disturbing, in fact, that I blocked it out on the world map I have on the wall in my law library.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...h/thailand.jpg

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-16-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Dear Friends,

Yours in Him,

Why not sell the rights to a Thai ladyboy sex trafficker tourism official for advertising purposes?

Bible Student 03-25-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Dear Friends,

Yours in Him,

Brother Bob, I'm sure you remember the maxim, buy by the acre sell by the inch. What I would do were I in your shoes is put it on the Interwebs and allow people to download it to play on those Pod things for 99 cents each. But first remove all the naughty parts. I realize that the song would then be mostly nothing but a continual hiss, but the resulting white noise will be a win-win situation. White noise tape cassettes sold about $100,000,000 worth. I imagine those seeking such a valued title as the one you won from the eBays should easily quadruple that.

Benedict A. Davis 03-25-2011 09:59 PM

I have really been giving your problem some thought and have come to the conclusion that what you need is some creative advertisement then a quick sale of your song. I am sure you know someone that is on speaking terms with Glen Beck, correct? Have Mr. Beck told this tale as I write it as I know you or he would ever knowing lie as that is a sin. What you will be doing is making use of plausable deniablity.
Ask Glen ''What would you say if I told you I had a friend who knows this guy who is a Chippendales dancer that worked Barak Obama's bachelor party''! Then you go on by telling him ''rumor has it your song was played 3 times during the evenings activities, at the future President's request no less''.
Knowing Glen Beck, he will have your song tied to satanists, nazis and democrats in less than 3 blackboards. Once the story is running on at least 3 talk shows you then resell the title.
Well, think about it, I have seen it work before.
YIC

Born Again Bob 05-18-2011 03:42 PM

Re: For Sale: "One Night in Bangkok"

Dear Friends,

Great news! As you know, I mistakenly purchased the rights to a certain 1980s song about underage Thai boys snorting cocaine off each other's firm, insolent, buttocks:

This was extremely difficult to sell given that I only travel in the most minty-fresh True Christian™ of circles.

BUT as the holder of the main copyright I also own all derivative works. It turns out that a dance band made of women made a completely innocent remix. Nothing sexual at all -- no man on man! I honestly don't understand what the video is about -- female empowerment? Exercise for ladies? Woman drivers? But it's not about sex because there are basically no guys in it.

So, all bidders can send me PMs or respond here!

Yours in Him,

Robert Adams 05-29-2011 02:26 AM

I don't know how that little picture started makin' sounds, but I don't think the librarian liked it.

The bangy cock thing sounded devilish. I wouldn't know what to do with it. Fer all I know, you could sell it to a person willin' to use it, but who would that be?

Er actually, my ol' uncle Ronald might want that fer the boys on his street.

Born Again Bob 04-28-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Adams (Post 757454)
I don't know how that little picture started makin' sounds, but I don't think the librarian liked it.

Dear Friend,

Unless you're writing from your own private library, I'm faintly offended at the prospect of your indigence.

If it is your library, by all means file the librarian under "justly flogged".

Yours in Him,
BAB

Roberta 04-28-2012 02:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Want to guess who composed this trash? This is why God absolutely abhors all Swedishers!

Jpagan 05-01-2012 03:09 AM

Quote:

Dear Friends,

Yours in Him,

As an 80s aficionado I love that song as well as the album Chess. Would you be willing to sell the rights? I'd love to use it as part of an 80s revival.

Jpagan 05-01-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberta (Post 877799)
Want to guess who composed this trash? This is why God absolutely abhors all Swedishers!

Thats Benny and Bjorn formerly of ABBA! I am a huge fan. But didn't they also work with that Flynn guy from ELO on Chess?

Elder Simon Young 05-25-2012 03:23 AM

You think you have problems ... I just invested all the congregations money in shares in the Fukushima nuclear plant.

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-09-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elder Simon Young (Post 889414)
You think you have problems ... I just invested all the congregations money in shares in the Fukushima nuclear plant.

Why (and how) would you invest in a single power plant, when it's owned by TEPCO?

Pastor Ezekiel 06-10-2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elder Simon Young (Post 889414)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 894131)
Why (and how) would you invest in a single power plant, when it's owned by TEPCO?

I still say this guy's a joo. :glare:

Rev. M. Rodimer 06-10-2012 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pastor Ezekiel (Post 894189)
I still say this guy's a joo. :glare:

I think he's just a nut case. Probably an atheist, too.

Levi Jones 08-21-2012 05:26 AM

It is going to need considerable changes to be usable. Might I suggest we call it, "One night in Branson?"

We could make it about a horseshoes tournament or something, since chess is UnAmerican now that Bobby Fischer is dead.

Integra-T 08-22-2012 04:50 AM

Whenever I think about asians it always makes me so sad that they were born in a place where its not normal to be Christian. But is maybe Jesus talking about good asians and such when he says this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by John 10:14-18
14 “I am the good shepherd;(R) I know my sheep(S) and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father(T)—and I lay down my life for the sheep.(U) 16 I have other sheep(V) that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock(W) and one shepherd.(X) 17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life(Y)—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord.(Z) I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”(AA)

If u are a good person (sheep) but not a Christian (this sheep pen), do u think that Jesus will give them a chance to go to Heaven with us?

Pastor Ezekiel 08-22-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Integra-T (Post 921768)
Whenever I think about asians it always makes me so sad that they were born in a place where its not normal to be Christian. But is maybe Jesus talking about good asians and such when he says this?

I spend lots of time over in the ornamental countries, boy, and let me tell you: The slants don't want to have anything to do with Jesus. They all worship a fat chink and burn stink-sticks all day long. And they never tithe, if you can believe that! :angry: