The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Auntie Flo's Prayer Shack for Women (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Birth and Naming Children (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=97346)

RebekahQuiverfull 02-27-2014 10:38 PM

Birth and Naming Children

Hello everyone! Many apologies for my extended absence! The duties of being a wife and mother simply did not allow me any time to come on here. I'd like to discuss the topic of naming children because on February 12th I welcomed not one, but two blessings from God! I now have thirteen children! For those of you who had not seen my introduction I previously had these children:

Boys: Joseph,Matthew, Abraham, Samuel, James, Luke, and Michael
Girls: Emily, Sarah, Hannah and Anne.

. Although we were very fortunate to be blessed with two children, only one was a boy child. I do hope my new daughter will prove to be useful. My new son is giving me such happiness. Originally, my husband had approved the names Catherine and Peter. But recently he had changed his mind and after searching up Biblical names, he approved and gave our twins the names Joshua Simon and Miriam Elizabeth. They were blessed with blonde hair but only Miriam seems to have been given blue eyes. I thank God for giving them desirable traits.

What do you ladies look for in a name for children? Do you pick the names or does your husband OR do you pick them out together? Personally I think of names since my husband is much too busy to do such things and I ask him for his approval of the names. Finally, what do you think of my children's names? Are they True Christian worthy?

Now onto the next topic, fellow mothers how did you go about your birth? What did you do with the placenta and how did you go about cleaning up the mess afterwards? We have a small private room in our home off to the far corner upstairs where only I am allowed to be. It is to give birth in only. I did my best to remain quiet, for the twins arrived early morning while my husband and children were fast asleep. It was just before six am I believe when they arrived. The labor was very fast and I thank God for that. I saw no use in going back to bed them since I had to clean up the mess and now take care of the twins. By the time I finished cleaning up the mess and the babies were content it was time for me to begin breakfast anyway, which I did using the placenta. Not only did my family have a healthy breakfast they also got to greet two new siblings!

Mother Of Seven 02-27-2014 10:45 PM

Re: Birth and Naming Children

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebekahQuiverfull (Post 1069440)
Hello everyone! Many apologies for my extended absence! The duties of being a wife and mother simply did not allow me any time to come on here. I'd like to discuss the topic of naming children because on February 12th I welcomed not one, but two blessings from God! I now have thirteen children! For those of you who had not seen my introduction I previously had these children:

Boys: Joseph,Matthew, Abraham, Samuel, James, Luke, and Michael
Girls: Emily, Sarah, Hannah and Anne.

. Although we were very fortunate to be blessed with two children, only one was a boy child. I do hope my new daughter will prove to be useful. My new son is giving me such happiness. Originally, my husband had approved the names Catherine and Peter. But recently he had changed his mind and after searching up Biblical names, he approved and gave our twins the names Joshua Simon and Miriam Elizabeth. They were blessed with blonde hair but only Miriam seems to have been given blue eyes. I thank God for giving them desirable traits.

What do you ladies look for in a name for children? Do you pick the names or does your husband OR do you pick them out together? Personally I think of names since my husband is much too busy to do such things and I ask him for his approval of the names. Finally, what do you think of my children's names? Are they True Christian worthy?

Now onto the next topic, fellow mothers how did you go about your birth? What did you do with the placenta and how did you go about cleaning up the mess afterwards? We have a small private room in our home off to the far corner upstairs where only I am allowed to be. It is to give birth in only. I did my best to remain quiet, for the twins arrived early morning while my husband and children were fast asleep. It was just before six am I believe when they arrived. The labor was very fast and I thank God for that. I saw no use in going back to bed them since I had to clean up the mess and now take care of the twins. By the time I finished cleaning up the mess and the babies were content it was time for me to begin breakfast anyway, which I did using the placenta. Not only did my family have a healthy breakfast they also got to greet two new siblings!

Welcome back, Rebekah. Congratulations on your new son.
There's a whole recent thread on placenta recipes. http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96422 Maybe you can add your recipes to it.
With names, my husband and I try to avoid Joo names. I would hate for my children to ever be mistaken for Joos! :fear2: You see, if Joshua has brown eyes, he may well be thought of as a Joo, even if he has blonde hair. All my kids have blue eyes, and non-Joo names, so they should be safe.

RebekahQuiverfull 02-28-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1069444)
Welcome back, Rebekah. Congratulations on your new son.
There's a whole recent thread on placenta recipes. http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=96422 Maybe you can add your recipes to it.
With names, my husband and I try to avoid Joo names. I would hate for my children to ever be mistaken for Joos! :fear2: You see, if Joshua has brown eyes, he may well be thought of as a Joo, even if he has blonde hair. All my kids have blue eyes, and non-Joo names, so they should be safe.

A joo?! I would never want that to happen to my children. Joshua appears to be having eyes of a more grayish-green color. All my children have some shade of blue or green eyes. But only Is that considered to be Joo? Unfortunately, only six of my children were blessed with blonde hair. The rest have a light shade of brown.I hoped my children's names do not sound Jooish, there were hand picked from the Bible, after all. Do you think the names sound Jooish?

Mother Of Seven 02-28-2014 12:13 AM

It's only a personal opinion of mine. Many True Christians ™ name their kids after Old Testament Joos. Sarah, Miriam, Hannah, Joshua, Jacob, Isaac etc.

RebekahQuiverfull 02-28-2014 12:16 AM

Oh I see! That is more comforting to know.

Naomi Ruth Lamb 02-28-2014 02:10 AM

Oh, I so hope you'll post pictures of your new son! I hope your daughter isn't keeping your man-child up all night. Girls can be such annoying things. Father and Mother just love your choices of names. It doesn't take much to see that I was named from the Bible; Father recommended it and Mother of course agreed, as she always does.

Marlon and Davide, two men that live a few blocks away (I think they're brothers) recently adopted twin boys. I'm not sure which one named the children, but they chose to call them Le Braun and Le Tigre. They have little rainbows tattooed on their son's biceps - it's the cutest thing.

I think naming would be one of the fun parts of having a child. Of course, I shall never know.

RebekahQuiverfull 02-28-2014 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naomi Ruth Lamb (Post 1069516)
Oh, I so hope you'll post pictures of your new son! I hope your daughter isn't keeping your man-child up all night. Girls can be such annoying things. Father and Mother just love your choices of names. It doesn't take much to see that I was named from the Bible; Father recommended it and Mother of course agreed, as she always does.

Marlon and Davide, two men that live a few blocks away (I think they're brothers) recently adopted twin boys. I'm not sure which one named the children, but they chose to call them Le Braun and Le Tigre. They have little rainbows tattooed on their son's biceps - it's the cutest thing.

I think naming would be one of the fun parts of having a child. Of course, I shall never know.

Oh thank you Naomi! If my husband permits me I shall post pictures of the twins promptly. Miriam surprisingly has been sleeping quite soundly and Joshua the same. They are very well behaved infants. Although they will cry occasionally, I try to quiet them as best to my abilities. I adore naming the children and will accept whenever my husband finds it suitable to try again to produce more little soldiers for God. And don't fret! Perhaps The Lord is saving someone special for you!

Mother Of Seven 02-28-2014 03:48 AM

Rebekah, have you added your recipes to the placenta thread? We ladies always love new and exciting recipes.

Mother Of Seven 02-28-2014 04:06 AM

Rebekah, I've popped a couple of these in the mail for you
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...18b831f311.jpg

RebekahQuiverfull 02-28-2014 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother Of Seven (Post 1069557)
Rebekah, I've popped a couple of these in the mail for you
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/73...18b831f311.jpg

Oh thank you! So lovely! I will pop by the placenta thread once I have gathered the appropriate recipes together :).

ProudPervert 02-28-2014 04:56 AM

Michael is a cute name, I like it. Japanese names are also good, they're very exotic, french and italian names have some style, some parents even invent their own names for their children

Zechariah Smyth 02-28-2014 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudFugoshi (Post 1069572)
Michael is a cute name, I like it. Japanese names are also good, they're very exotic, french and italian names have some style, some parents even invent their own names for their children

Who are you? You write like a messican but you've got a chinaman name.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

ProudPervert 02-28-2014 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zechariah Smyth (Post 1069575)
Who are you? You write like a messican but you've got a chinaman name.

Yours in Christ,

Z. Smyth

"Messican" is some kind of insult for you? Because is written "Mexicant", and no, I'm not from there. And my nickname (Fugoshi) means I'm a loli fan

Witch Hammer 02-28-2014 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudPervert (Post 1069582)
"Messican" is some kind of insult for you? Because is written "Mexicant", and no, I'm not from there. And my nickname (Fugoshi) means I'm a loli fan

sigh....I'm getting tired of trying to save fags from hellfire...but if you head over to the introduction forum, you'll get the scripture required to turn you from the path of sodomy and damnation...see you there.

ProudPervert 02-28-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witch Hammer (Post 1069608)
sigh....I'm getting tired of trying to save fags from hellfire...but if you head over to the introduction forum, you'll get the scripture required to turn you from the path of sodomy and damnation...see you there.

Why you think you have the right to decide who is going to heaven and who don't? The people here is so egocentric and so full of themselves that they don't understand they're like anybody else!

Mary Etheldreda 02-28-2014 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProudPervert (Post 1069650)
Why you think you have the right to decide who is going to heaven and who don't? The people here is so egocentric and so full of themselves that they don't understand they're like anybody else!

We don't decide. We read.

:kjv1611:

:clap:

ProudPervert 02-28-2014 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 1069670)
We don't decide. We read.

:kjv1611:

:clap:

I see. That's very esmart of you to look to God for wisdom. I should trys it sometime.

RebekahQuiverfull 02-28-2014 08:33 PM

Oh I could never use any names except ones from the Bible! They are the only good names!

Missyc 03-02-2014 07:25 PM

Hello Ladies,
I have some wonderful news, my pastor found me a husband we married on February 17 and I am now praying to The Lord that I am successfully carrying a Soldier of Christ.