The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Creation Science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with science (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=64512)

María Gálvez-Villalobos 06-11-2011 11:01 PM

Re: Homeschool Science Lessons: Proving atheists wrong with scien

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timotjuh (Post 763473)
sorry for the bad english, i can talk to you in dutch, i can speak that flawless. but im sorry for the fact i'm not the best in english...
i wont talk about other lessons...

Don't you worry nothing for the bad english - people can perfect understand you no prblem I'm think. Is just that RevDr Jack can be very rude sometimes and he's no the brightest light on the crismas tree for understanding us foreigns, so don't you get youselve a complex for that, but I DO think you should be listening more to people like Mr Fagan and Albang, cos they ARE very clever men whit good advises, thanks, YIC, Mari.:)

Didymus Much 06-11-2011 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timotjuh (Post 763549)
oh wait... i didnt know there were eskimo's in france...

Not since those nasty Icelanders ate them all (from what I've heard). :thumbdown:

Timotjuh 06-11-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by María Gálvez-Villalobos (Post 763552)
Don't you worry nothing for the bad english - people can perfect understand you no prblem I'm think. Is just that RevDr Jack can be very rude sometimes and he's no the brightest light on the crismas tree for understanding us foreigns, so don't you get youselve a complex for that, but I DO think you should be listening more to people like Mr Fagan and Albang, cos they ARE very clever men whit good advises, thanks, YIC, Mari.:)

there are a few clever persons here on this forum... but i only think you are if you are not yelling me out because i dont believe in god...
if you believe(not in person) in god, i respect it, but please dont tell me i dont know where i am talking about...
so please, all be more like we are here: it makes no sense where you come from, we all god our problems and faiths... i seriously believe there are really no thing thats not explainable by just saying: god made it... and i want to prove it to myself.. we'll see at the end who was the clever one...

María Gálvez-Villalobos 06-11-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timotjuh (Post 763569)
there are a few clever persons here on this forum... but i only think you are if you are not yelling me out because i dont believe in god...
if you believe(not in person) in god, i respect it, but please dont tell me i dont know where i am talking about...
so please, all be more like we are here: it makes no sense where you come from, we all god our problems and faiths... i seriously believe there are really no thing thats not explainable by just saying: god made it... and i want to prove it to myself.. we'll see at the end who was the clever one...

uh....what?

beertyah 06-12-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timotjuh (Post 763530)
let god be with you, and leave me alone with my own cases... if i want to talk to him, even i think he doenst exist, i can do it to him, and ask him for any kind of answer...

If you want to be left alone and not talk about God.
Then why did you join this site that is all about praising our Lord?

Timotjuh 06-12-2011 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beertyah (Post 763685)
If you want to be left alone and not talk about God.
Then why did you join this site that is all about praising our Lord?

because:

dont try to say all the atheists are wrong... the most of them who did research for whatever, they dont do this for the fun, they want to know what is wrong in the bible and what is right...
well, we are now in the 21st century, we all god internet, we all got a television, and everyone is happy with it...
if there were no people around you who didnt believe in god, you didnt have all those stuff, because what i made with my own hands, couldnt be made by a god...

and you know that the old testament is almost the same as the jewish thora...
and animals, indeed, they are not all the smartest. but they are all together smarter than you think...
for example: pidgens: drop them somewhere on the world, and they fly in a straight line to their home..... you cant tell me he's that stupid he dont know else where to go... but no.

well if god is allmighty, why there is war? driven by american troops?
if america is the best, why did you kill every single previous citizen?
if the earth is flat... why wont crack the edges off by the huge mass thats pulling on it?

why would water disappear, if you sweat and irunate it all day out?
be happy we made water cleaning machines, and be happy we make everyday, all day long, electricity to hold your computer on. be happy we did this, because if there is a god, he gave it to us milleniae ago...

sorry for the bad english :innocent:

beertyah 06-12-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timotjuh (Post 763693)
because:

dont try to say all the atheists are wrong... the most of them who did research for whatever, they dont do this for the fun, they want to know what is wrong in the bible and what is right...

You are here because 'don't try to say all the atheists are wrong...
That's not really a reason, is it?

[QUOTE=Timotjuh;763693]well, we are now in the 21st century, we all god internet, we all got a television, and everyone is happy with it...[QUOTE]
If you really believe everyone in the world has tv and internet, you are greatly mistaken. Do you really believe all the poor people in the world have tv and inernet.
Also if you think everyone is happy because they have tv and internet you are mistaken as well.

Quote:

if there were no people around you who didnt believe in god, you didnt have all those stuff, because what i made with my own hands, couldnt be made by a god...

You can make things with your hands but you can not create things. You can take different materials that were provided by God and add them together to make something.
You can however not make something from nothing.

Quote:

and you know that the old testament is almost the same as the jewish thora...

Perhaps, yet almost and the same is not the same. Almost dead means you're still in live. Completely dead means you're dead.

Quote:

and animals, indeed, they are not all the smartest. but they are all together smarter than you think...
for example: pidgens: drop them somewhere on the world, and they fly in a straight line to their home..... you cant tell me he's that stupid he dont know else where to go... but no.

Which is of course an ability the almighty God gave them so humans could use them as messengers. Duh...

Quote:

well if god is allmighty, why there is war? driven by american troops?

Because the people they fight deserve it. The Bible tells us it is right to kill them.

Quote:

if america is the best, why did you kill every single previous citizen?

Because they are thieves that stole their land.

Quote:

if the earth is flat... why wont crack the edges off by the huge mass thats pulling on it?

Because God made the earth, you didn't think God would make something that could break too easily, did you?

Quote:

why would water disappear, if you sweat and irunate it all day out?

I don't know about you, but I don't drink my own pee or sweat. Yuck...

Quote:

be happy we made water cleaning machines, and be happy we make everyday, all day long, electricity to hold your computer on. be happy we did this, because if there is a god, he gave it to us milleniae ago...

Be happy God gave humans these possibilities. Be happy God gave us our brains so we could use them in inventing these machines and technologies. Be happy God inspired us in making them.

Quote:

sorry for the bad english :innocent:

Don't worry, I spea Dutch myself. :P

I hope I answered all your answers to your satisfaction.

YiC,
Beertyah

Timotjuh 06-12-2011 09:47 AM

[QUOTE=beertyah;763704]You are here because 'don't try to say all the atheists are wrong...
That's not really a reason, is it?

[QUOTE=Timotjuh;763693]well, we are now in the 21st century, we all god internet, we all got a television, and everyone is happy with it...
Quote:

If you really believe everyone in the world has tv and internet, you are greatly mistaken. Do you really believe all the poor people in the world have tv and inernet.
Also if you think everyone is happy because they have tv and internet you are mistaken as well.

You can make things with your hands but you can not create things. You can take different materials that were provided by God and add them together to make something.
You can however not make something from nothing.

Perhaps, yet almost and the same is not the same. Almost dead means you're still in live. Completely dead means you're dead.

Which is of course an ability the almighty God gave them so humans could use them as messengers. Duh...

Because the people they fight deserve it. The Bible tells us it is right to kill them.

Because they are thieves that stole their land.

Because God made the earth, you didn't think God would make something that could break too easily, did you?

I don't know about you, but I don't drink my own pee or sweat. Yuck...

Be happy God gave humans these possibilities. Be happy God gave us our brains so we could use them in inventing these machines and technologies. Be happy God inspired us in making them.

Don't worry, I spea Dutch myself. :P

I hope I answered all your answers to your satisfaction.

YiC,
Beertyah
all those reasons...
i only say about a couple there could be something int it thats true...
but the most parts i know they arent...
look: me as atheist want to know what is right in the bible and what is wrong...
i dont have to appologize to you about my way of thinking...
and the bible says:
they should not kill.
why do they kill then?
and, no one stole any land before 1000 years A.C.
oh, and another fact of the earht...
if it is flat...
how could it ever be possible to be for arount 3 months light on the norht and southpole?
the only explanation for that is, the earth turns around its own axis by the sun... because the sun there is the same sun here....
if you are standing there and watching the sun for 24 hours, you see its turning 360 degrees around you... what indicate its turning...
you cant see this at other places on earth, only north and south...
if god gave us oil, why there isnt an infinate resource of it? like water?
oh, and if you want, i can pay for you a single ticket to america... i got a job, so i can pay one...

James123 06-12-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 763285)
Okay so now I have received an infraction for my posts on this site?
Someone is just trying to silence me because their scared I'll convince their younger, less indoctrinated church go-ers.

Up until yesterday, when I found out about this site, I had never known that there were actually still people who believed that the world is flat, and around 6000 years old. This is total and absolute rubbish!

At the time the bible was written, it was common belief that the earth was flat. Later we discovered (just google images of earth and the moon PLEASE!!!) that the earth was actually a sphere.

To me, and anyone who has even the slightest bit of common sense, this is proof that there is AT LEAST one thing incorrect about what the bible says.

If 'god' created everything, and also wrote/dictated the bible, then HOW could he possibly have said that the earth was flat?
Oh I know, the bible was written by a man. No help from 'god' there. (Either that, or god made a typo of epic proportions.):lol:

Also, I HAVE read through this forum, from a neutral point of view, before ever posting something. I also saw numerous threads where people actually DENIED the existence of bacteria and virusses. Are you kidding me? They didn't have microscopes at the time the bible was written (by a man/woman!), so OFCOURSE it doesn't say anything about them. Back in the day, medical school students would practice their skills on rotten corpses, later to use the same dirty surgical equipment to treat patients! Many of those died or horrendous infections. And I'm pretty sure some of those patients were 'True Christians'.
I've studied microbiology, and I'm absolutely shocked that you deny their existence.
When you have human cells under a microscope, and you add a virus to their environment, the virus CLEARLY infects the cell (and often causes it to die)
http://www.dform.com/projects/t4/gif/t4.gif http://oceanworld.tamu.edu/resources...ageCartoon.jpg
Photograp taken through microscope. Schematic drawing of virus infecting a cell.

The bible doesn't mention them because HUMANS didn't now of their existence.

And about the Indians being stipped of their land, does the bible actually say ANYTHING justifying that? Normally you people quote the bible (not that it proves anything though...) to back something up, but I haven't seen any of this about the Indians.
The Indians that resided in the parts of mexico (Mayans) had already build huge pyramid-like structures. While we, caucasian people were still living like barbarians in tents (Read scripture from the Romans, who invaded what is now known as Europe and used US as slaves.) Christianity hadn't even 'reached' Europe back then!

ON TOPIC
And about the water thing... come on? It's also common sense that water gets recycled. If all the water you drank wouldn't be recycled, then we would all be the size of a hot air balloon by the age of 10. Imagine what we would look like at age 80! Clearly you must be mistaken.
When a sain person (I think you call it 'atheist') talks about the recyclement of urine, you flame them with 'golden shower' and 'pee drinking'.
Fact is, you don't drink the actual pee, as only the WATER (H2O) in it can evaporate. All the other things in it remain in the soil and act as nutrient to feed the plants that YOU eat for dinner. Do those taste like pee? :wacko:

The point of view for all of these things are 'IF the bible exists, then how do you explain this'

But now it's your turn, IF the bible doesn't exist, how can you prove that god is real?' Answer this for me please, WITHOUT simply posting quotes taken straight from the bible, as I could also quote Harry potter books, if I wanted to.

Still waiting for a response..!!:innocent:

Jack O'fagan 06-12-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack O'fagan (Post 763429)
If God decided not to give us the Bible then we would not know of God. We would not know of the existence of God so would have nothing to prove so your silly question fails, :wacko:

However God has revealed Himself and given us the answers in the Bible.

How about you? If you didn't have the books you cherish so much. If there were no books by Copernicus, Galileo, Lavoisier, Einstein, Darwin, Newton, Malpighi, Kepler,Rutherford, Brahe etc were would you be? Would you have come up with these ideas on your own? of course not. You have your 'facts' that you take of faith as much as you accuse us of doing.

Jack

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 763764)

You had a response yesterday.

beertyah 06-12-2011 03:40 PM

Well James, I followed your advice and used google to find pictures of the earth. This is what I found:
http://www.3dhifi.com/pics/earth_s.jpg
Obviously God was right about that one...

Next, I can't believe you don't believe in God, because you can't see him. But millions of miniscule life-forms that you can't see, you do believe in?
These so called micro-organisms are obviously the work of the devil, trying to confuse us. Why else would he have made them so small you can only see them through a microscope? At least everything God made can be seen by your own eyes, not by a machine.

There is a lot in the bible that explains the defeat of the Indians.
Remember how God promised Israel to his people. Well likewise America was promised to the Americans. The Indians that lived there had unrightfully stolen their promised land.
Anyway, if these primitive indians were so great, how come they were defeated?

On the water topic, of course you don't blow up, you pee. But you don't drink that pee, unless you are a perverted atheist...

Quote:

IF the bible doesn't exist, how can you prove that god is real?
What a stupid question is that? That's like an advocate saying: 'If you had no evidence, would you still accuse the suspect of this crime?'
You can't eliminate evidence just because you want to be right...

Alphonse Alban 06-12-2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 763764)

Me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 762683)
If you'd have any form of education, you would know this!!!

The bible was MADE UP by some delusional old man who really didn't have anything else to do

Source please. Better yet, can you back this up with scripture? Can you back this up somehow at all? Did you knew this man? What was his name?

James123 06-12-2011 09:12 PM

Seriously, go to a laboratory and look through a microscope. You WILL see bacteria.
The whole world of medicinal healing today, is based on the 'theory' (Fact) that bacteria virusses and moulds cause diseases. When you have an infection, don't you visit a doctor to receive antibiotics? You do know how antibiotics work, don't you?(LOOK IT UP) Or do you use alternative treatments to get cured, just like those 'primitive indians' did? How do you explain mould stains in your bathroom? And the green stuff that starts to 'grow' when your bread is past date? Also, disinfectant soap is a hoax? Riiiight. How does water, micex with grains turn into beer(with alcohol in it)? All these things have been thourougly tested and obviously micro-organisms are the cause for all these things. There's just no way around it, just like you can't deny the existence of birds.

I had already responded to your post in which you named all those scientists (galileo newton etc.) But it got deleted for some reason.
I there stated that every single one of the studies and experiments performed by those scientists, can be tested any time any where, and they will all turn out to be correct.
EXAMPLE: Darwins laws; Drop a ball of a cliff and you can calculate (Using some of his MANY formulas) exactly how long it takes for the ball to reach the ground, and what the velocity of the ball will be. Try it, and you will see that it'll be correct.
However, all these theories, that have been proven to be right, were assembled upon the assumption that the earth was a sphere and that it had a certain gravitational force (9.81 Newton/Kilogramme).

The bible says rainbows are the work of god, but in fact they're quite the opposite. I have posted this on another thread before, but I'll repeat myself this time.
When you're passing by farmer's land, and there's sprinklers to water the crops, if you look at the water vapor while the sun is DIRECTLY in you back, haven't you ever seen a rainbow-like effect (Colours of the rainbow) in the vapor? I don't live in, nor do I often leave a rural area, and even I have seen this rainbow effect. The rainbow-effect is caused by the diffraction of light --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diffraction

Now, is there anything in the bible that you can actually test to be true? I have read some of the other tests that claimed to actually prove it, but those were easily proven false through LOGIC thinking. Or is there any way that you can prove the scientists (Galileo Darwin etc.) wrong?

The bible isn't physical proof of anything, because there's no actual proof that it was written by god. If there is, other than 'HIS WORD', then please show this to me. Didn't the members of 'Peoples temple' commit mass suicide at Jonestown, because they BELIEVED that Jim Jones was some kind of saint? They were so indoctrinated that they actually killed their innocent children! And isn't suicide a one way ticket to hell according to the bible? Clearly they were no longer capable of thinking for themselves, just like you people are.:thumbdown:

James123 06-12-2011 09:21 PM

Whoops typo there, I meant NEWTON'S LAWS, not DARWIN'S LAWS for the ball dropping. :)

Brother Harold Porter 06-13-2011 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 763861)
Whoops typo there, I meant NEWTON'S LAWS, not DARWIN'S LAWS for the ball dropping. :)

A Freudian slip, no doubt. Your love of monkeys and desire to be related to them carries over into all of your so-called science.

This proves that your textual walls of conjecture, flim-flam and sleight of hand are just a mask for your iodolatrous worship of that carnival barker Darwin.

You are therefore incapable of being truthful.:thumbdown:

In Christ

eurobob 06-13-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack O'fagan (Post 762552)
Genesis 1

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

16And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

I've never understood this:

On the FIRST day, 'god' created light.

On the THIRD day, 'god' created the source of light.

How does that even work?

Cranky Old Man 06-13-2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurobob (Post 764164)
I've never understood this: On the FIRST day, 'god' created light. On the THIRD day, 'god' created the source of light. How does that even work?

You are not aware of concepts like improving and enhancing things? It's called progress. Also there is no need to really think about these things, all we have to do is listen to God and worship Him.

James123 06-13-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Harold Porter (Post 763931)
A Freudian slip, no doubt. Your love of monkeys and desire to be related to them carries over into all of your so-called science.

This proves that your textual walls of conjecture, flim-flam and sleight of hand are just a mask for your iodolatrous worship of that carnival barker Darwin.

You are therefore incapable of being truthful.:thumbdown:

In Christ

You're kidding me, right?
Instead of commenting the facts I wrote down, you comment a small typo I made?
I notice how you always reply to easy-to-answer comments, PLEASE REPLY to the rainbow thing, as I'm assuming I'm not the only one who has seen a rainbow pattern in a sprinkler's vapor.
Also, read some more about Prisms, they also create rainbow-like effects due to diffraction.

I don't like the idea that I'm 'related' to monkeys either, but it's more comforting than the idea god magically spawned us here. I'd like to see if he has more tricks up his sleeve!

Felicity 06-13-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James123 (Post 764281)
Also, read some more about Prisms, they also create rainbow-like effects due to diffraction.

Were you using drugs when you observed this effect? :)

James123 06-15-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felicity (Post 764296)
Were you using drugs when you observed this effect? :)

What...
Google images

And HOW, as a woman, can you be a part of this baptist group? You DO know that if you get savagely raped by one of them, you have to marry him or else be stoned to death? And that women are inferior to men, according to them?

Read some neutral, informational books Felicity, or have you turned to the 'Lord' because you have skeletons in your closet? Take this whole day, to think about your life. And you will find that you're wasting it by living your current lifestyle. What these men say is wrong, and you know it. The bible says all humans are equal.

Everyone else has seen the rainbow pattern in the vapor, correct?