The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE: A description to end myths it is English. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=59366)

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-08-2011 02:08 PM

THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE: A description to end myths it is English.

Yes. The language called American really DOES exist. To those who may insist on calling the world’s most geographically, numerically, internetically and spiritually dominant language ‘English’…..my message is this:

Take a long hard look at your conscience.
Pray for guidance and read the facts exhibited here.

American can no longer be falsely claimed as a dialect of English.

In my capacity as Landover Baptists Church Linguistics Consultant to the Pastors I am in possession of the know-how, the know-when, and the know-why to elucidate on the language-hood of American, for many the newest official member of the Germanic languages.

Let’s look at the history of the language itself.
Linguists classify languages into groupings. The Indo-European family of languages is just one of many which God created in his anger at Mankind’s audacity and disrespect in the ‘TowerofBabelgate’.

Genesis 11:9Therefore is the name of it called BABEL, because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad vpon the face of all the earth.

God subsequently divided the Indo-European languages into groups called Celtic, Germanic, Greek, Albanian, Slavic, Romance (including Latin), the ‘Stani’ Muslim languages and a whole host of other groups of little importance to Christianity.

The Anglic Languages
http://indoeuro.bizland.com/tree/germ/norteur.gif
Within Germanic, God created the Anglo-Frisian group consisting of Frisian, in northern Belgium, and on the later to be sin-riddled island of England he put the Anglic languages; English and Scots. English and Scots developed separately: English became a rather gay sounding dialect far removed from its macho Germanic and Viking ancestors and equally unsuitable for the purposes of Jesus our Saviour who really could not be party to anything which His Own Book condemns with death. Meanwhile, Scots, like Dutch at least preserved a bit of manliness about it.

http://www.military-art.com/mall/images/dhm4129.jpg

Scots continued to be a far more suitable vehicle for communication of God’s Word, with its peak as the native tongue of King James VI (the Scotch king who took over England and wrote the KJV1611 – the only Bible fit for use.) despite Scotland’s dabblings with Calvinism. Nevertheless both English (naturally) and Scots (unfortunately) fell by the wayside of God’s approval with the eventual extinction of Scotch and, with His designation of America as the Promised LandTM, American was born.

John 15:16Ye haue not CHOSEN me, but I haue CHOSEN you, and ordeined you, that you should goe and bring foorth fruit, and that your fruite should remaine: that whatsoeuer ye shall aske of the Father in my Name, he may giue it you.

Since then, American has exceeded all expectations and superseded its ancestor English not only in number, importance and spirituality, but God Himself has seen to it that its evolution into a world language has seen it become a language dominant in pure, self-explanatory logic. It is the language King James dreamed of so long ago. It is the language of all world communication. Or at least all communication that matters. It is the language of America, of Reagan, Of Bush, of True ChristiansTM and of Landover Baptist Church.

1 Chronicles 28:4Howbeit, the Lord God of Israel chose me before all the house of my father, to be king ouer Israel for euer: for he hath chosen Iudah to be the ruler; & of the house of Iudah, the house of my father; and among the sonnes of my father, he LIKED me to make me king ouer all Israel:

The fact that American is a now a separate and distinct language in its own right (and cannot now be classified as a dialect of English) does not mean that English and American have gone their separate ways. Quite the contrary. And the opposite as well in fact.

American really has taken off. With the help of the Lord it has beaten limey English totally into submission, so much so that rather than being an endangered language, English has simply rolled over to become American’s willing, and rightly submissive concubine. This is, of course, in perfect accordance with Scripture. And thus, English is now the sponge God has chosen to absorb American. There’s little left of real limey English now too. No-one is mourning its passing either.

Job 38:17Haue the gates of DEATH bene opened vnto thee? Or hast thou seene the doores of the shadow of DEATH?

Let’s look at how and why American is using English as its alternative Biblically permitted bed-mate and filling it with Godly essence, impregnating it with the seed of God’s favorite language that will not be spilled in vain. English’s own native vocabulary, once proud, independent and ‘ruling the waves’ is of course, being hounded out of England by new American words and grammar.

This is not surprising. American grammar and vocabulary are far superior for the ways of the Lord to reach His people.

Let’s look at the proof.

Vocabulary.

To take one example, the now obsolete, British English ‘pavement’ has been replaced with ‘sidewalk’. The beautiful simplicity of ‘piece of the planet next to the road for WALKing on’ is more than just intelligently designed from on High, it makes learning the world’s most important language so easy that even Japanese and Wetbacks can learn to use it! (Shout Gloooooory!:hi2:)

But of course, one swallow does not make a summer, so here are some more of the 10,000 points that prove American is a language in its own right.

Some basic characteristics of this, the newest and final development of the Germanic languages, the language to end the pointfulness of all others bothering to develop further, can be briefly summarised as follows:

1) Pronunciation. American actually conserves, along with its moribund sister language Scots., the faithfully preserved vowel sounds and beautiful ‘R’ of times when the KJV was being written, subsequenty lost in England. Scots preserves to this day the sounds, grammar of the period, that same ‘Mither Tuingue’ of the KJV’s author, King James (God bless him in Heaven, surely playing boules and smoking his ivory pipe and swapping hunting stories with Jesus Himself right now), and that, let’s be honest, is as we know it should be.

American, on the other hand preserves many of the original sounds of ‘ye olde Englonde’ whilst England has abandoned them. England was God’s chosen kingdom for his author here on Earth and should have made its language superior even to Scots. Sadly for England, it didn’t. The sinfulness of that Kingdome led God to create America and American.

2) Grammar: although similarities exist between English and American, the differences are overwhelming. American has restructured its grandmother language to maximize grammar optimization. Past events?

American is far more accurate and straight to the point. And, like God, neither does it pussyfoot around with what it's trying to say.

Why bother saying as they do in England; ‘Ecktually old chap, I have, by pure chance, just seen your good lady wife having tea with someone who is, shall we say, not you.’

When American provides one with ‘I just saw (Past Simple tense – simpler, more to the point) with some guy.’

For learners of the language, the beauty of American grammar can
have some practical value too. Complex Verb Tenses for past

situations (I went, I have gone, I should have gone, Might I have gone, I

was going, I was about to go, I had just gone, I was thinking of

goingetc etc)? Just use the simple past, or, if black or Messicant just

use the present tense (I do it) and add yesterday/10 minutes ago/’fo’ da cops arrive dude/already/. and the meaning will be perfectly clear.

3) American has also preserved the original meanings of many words as God intended them to be used whereas in England they have either changed meaning or disappeared. This liberal attitude to language is not at all what Jesus approves of, as with other aspects of daily life. Jesus hates a homer just the same as he hates an Englishman messing about with the American Language.

American conserves original words like Rooster (English replaced this lovely word with C*ck…), Get Mad, Fall (instead of the now current English Autumn), Democracy (English swapped it for ‘Monarchy’) among many others.

American also sensibly uses ‘regular’ in its proper sense: ‘normal sized’ – as in ‘a regular coffee’. English has changed this for ‘coming at intervals’ so that where buses are regular (3 come at the same time). No wonder they have no idea what a regular coffee is!

4) Expressing Excitement. American wins. Hand sdown. And hands up for that matter. E.g.''Yaaayyy - Way to go!'' At a sporting event is far more encouraging and expressive than the thoroughly Neandertal ‘Yeeeeeeeeeeees, ***** Yeeeeeeessssss, koom on koom on, etc’ you will hear in Britain until a goal is scored.

The American ‘Alright already!’, - I mean, it can express so many emotions all at once whereas English can only resort to typically uptight, pole-up-one’s-bottom-English euphemisms such as, ‘Euw, I say ratheeeer, jolly good show old chap’ and the like. (The English national sport of football hooliganism, of course, is an exception to this pussyfooting in interpersonental communication. They simply apply a more direct approach)

5) American has easier and more eloquently melodic vowel harmony. This is why American accents are nice to listen to and other accents are not.

6) The ‘R’ in American when accompanying vowels is far more pleasant than the surviving vestigial ‘R’s of England. This feature of English is thankfully moribund. Their problem with their ‘R’s is best laid to rest once and for all.

7) The Importance of American: It’s God’s favourite country, internet, invented by an American (now in Hell, true but even a Hellbound American was deemed more worthy than the most pious Brit.) Had America been properly discovered before 1611 the KJV would’ve been written by an American and the New World discovered by one too! The Lord works in mysterious ways.

8) English today: the fate of English today is quite simple. It is being gradually replaced by American. English folks today talk about commercials instead of adverts, order regular coffees and ‘download from internet’ instead of the traditional native expression dating back to the late nineteenth Century of ‘‘Go down to’t shops.’’ As one can see, the preferable version is glaring us in the face. God Bless America. In fact God Bless God!

And there we have it. The American Language. A brief description. Feel free to add Brethren.

Lycia The Repentant 02-08-2011 02:44 PM

Re: THE AMERICAN LANGUAGE: A description to end myths it is Engli

You've made so many Godly points here, Brother LSM! Allow me to ask a quick question for any unsaved trash who wander in here.

If American wasn't the best language in the world, then how come when I walk into a bookstore all the so-called "literary classics" there are written in American? For example, if people like Rabelais, Voltaire, Hugo, Maupassant, Proust and Camus liked their heathen French so much, why are all their books in my local Barnes and Nobles in American?

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-08-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 691192)
You've made so many Godly points here, Brother LSM! Allow me to ask a quick question for any unsaved trash who wander in here.

If American wasn't the best language in the world, then how come when I walk into a bookstore all the so-called "literary classics" there are written in American? For example, if people like Rabelais, Voltaire, Hugo, Maupassant, Proust and Camus liked their heathen French so much, why are all their books in my local Barnes and Nobles in American?

Simple really. As the world's foremost language these authors have to get their works translated into it to escape the limited parochial spreadability they'd be subjecting themselves to if they only published in their local languages.

Why has no-one ever heard of Miguel Fernández? He only published in Spanish.

And Sorlaidh Mac Gill' Eathain? He only published in Scottish Gaelic. Only losers do that.

American is a MUST for reaching the masses.:thumbsup:

Bobby-Joe 02-08-2011 04:59 PM

Excellent discussion of this topic Brother Lost Sheep. The question I have will someone finally do a google translator for Canadian-English and English-English?

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-08-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby-Joe (Post 691243)
Excellent discussion of this topic Brother Lost Sheep. The question I have will someone finally do a google translator for Canadian-English and English-English?

Canadian is really just a dialect of American spelt wrongly. As for English-English it's days are numbered. I suppose someone could make one for the few years it has left before extinction. Interesting idea.

Brother Enoch 02-08-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 691250)
Canadian is really just a dialect of American spelt wrongly.

What are you talking aboot, eh? :glare:

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-08-2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 691256)

Read the first post brother.:)

No offence meant either by the way. Think of poor old me - I not only speak a near dead language, but one that no-one can make head nor tail of.:(

What you speak is American with a few typos, that's all. God's happy with that too.

Benedict A. Davis 02-08-2011 07:23 PM

If American wasn't the proper English of modern times do you think those who distribute information around the world,Fox News for example, would use it. I mean it is only BBC and Al Jazeera that use ''The Queens English'' or as it is more commonly known..... homersexual speak.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-08-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benedict A. Davis (Post 691322)
If American wasn't the proper English of modern times do you think those who distribute information around the world,Fox News for example, would use it. I mean it is only BBC and Al Jazeera that use ''The Queens English'' or as it is more commonly known..... homersexual speak.

Its end is nigh Brother.

Here's a typical moaning Brit outraged at his language smiting in the boudoir of American:

Americanisms swamping English, so wake up and smell the coffee | Mail Online

Quote:

It happened early this month, shortly after the first cuckoo. I heard it, I swear I heard it. The first get-go of spring. It was on the BBC Breakfast programme on May 11: a presenter was wittering, and distinctly said that something-or-other had been clear 'from the get-go'.

From the what?

Actually, I know all about the get-go or, worse still, the git-go. It's an ugly Americanism, meaning 'from the start' or 'from the off'. It adds nothing to Britain's language but it's here now, like the grey squirrel, destined to drive out native species and ravage the linguistic ecosystem.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...99_233x423.jpg The British have been borrowing words from America for at least two centuries

We have to be realistic: languages grow. The success of English comes from its adaptability and the British have been borrowing words from America for at least two centuries.

Old buffers like me have always complained about the process, and we have always been defeated.

In 1832, the poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge was fulminating about the 'vile and barbarous' new adjective that had just arrived in London. The word was 'talented'. It sounds innocuous enough to our ears, as do 'reliable', 'influential' and 'lengthy', which all inspired loathing when they first crossed the Atlantic.

But the process gathered speed with the arrival of cinema and television in the 20th Century. And in the 21st it seems unstoppable. The U.S.-dominated computer industry, with its 'licenses', 'colors' and 'favorites' is one culprit. That ties in with mobile phones that keep 'dialing' numbers that are always 'busy'.

My dictionary (a mere 12 years old) defines 'geek' as an American circus freak or, in Australia, 'a good long look'. We needed a word to describe someone obsessively interested in computer technology. It seems a shame there was never any chance of coining one ourselves.

Nowadays, people have no idea where American ends and English begins. And that's a disaster for our national self-esteem. We are in danger of subordinating our language to someone else's - and with it large aspects of British life.

Enlarge http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...00_233x481.jpg
Yet no one seems to care. The stern old type of English teacher has died out and many newspapers cannot now afford 'Prodnoses', the last-line-of-defence sub-editors who used to guard the language with a thick pencil.

Sometimes, the language can be improved by the imports. The British would never be able even to define the deficit had we not adopted the American billion (a thousand million) to replace our old hardly used billion (a million million).

I accept that estate agents find it easier to sell fancy apartments rather than boring old flats. And it's right that our few non-passenger trains should carry freight not goods, because that's a more accurate description of the contents.

But the process is non-selective and almost wholly one-way. And it works very strangely. Almost all the parts of a car have different names in America, yet there is no sign of hood replacing bonnet, or the trunk supplanting the boot.

Meanwhile, the most improbable areas of activity are terminally infected. Take the law. Ask any lawyer and they will explain: witnesses in British courts do not testify, they give evidence; nor do they 'take the stand' to do this, they go into the witness box. They do things the American way in media reports of court cases, though - day after day.

We are witnessing a transatlantic takeover in politics as well. This month, Britain acquired a National Security Council. Last year, it gained a Supreme Court. There is talk that the House of Lords will be renamed the Senate.
It also used to be understood that, while American politicians 'ran' for office, British politicians always 'stood'. I liked that: it implied a pleasing reticence. Now in Britain both words are used interchangeably and in this month's General Election candidates stood and ran at the same time. No wonder they kept falling flat on their faces.

Then take sport, where Britain's national tastes are totally different from those of the Americans. I happen to belong to the .0001 per cent (approx) of the British population who count as baseball fans. This makes it even more offensive to me when politicians parrot phrases such as 'three strikes and you're out' although they haven't got the foggiest idea what it means.

Technical baseball terms are everywhere. We constantly hear about people 'stepping up to the plate'. For some weird reason, cricket coaches are especially fond of this one. And ideas keep coming from the baseball position of 'left field'. Wouldn't silly mid-on be more appropriate?

And so, hi guys, hel-LO, wake up and smell the coffee. We need to distinguish between the normal give-and-take of linguistic development and being overrun - through our own negligence and ignorance - by rampant cultural imperialism.

We are all guilty. In the weeks after 9/11 (or 11/9, as I prefer to call it), British journalists, and I was one of them, solemnly reported that the planes had been hijacked by men waving box-cutters, even though no one in Britain knew what a box-cutter was. Very few of us bothered to explain that these were what we have always called Stanley knives.

But it is time to fight back. The battle is almost uncertainly unwinnable but I am convinced there are millions of intelligent Britons out there who wince as often as I do every time they hear a witless Americanism introduced into British discourse.

Stand up and say you care. Feel free to write with your favourite horrors. Come out of the closet. Or better still, the cupboard

Get used to it little lady!

Ruth Elizabeth 02-09-2011 01:48 AM

A most interesting read Brother McUinnean. In my local library there is a very large book titled Webster's Dictionary of the American Language. A quick search reveals that this book was first published in 1828, proving that American has been formally recognised as a separate and distinct language for over 180 years.

Part of the problem may be that software such as Microsoft Word refers to English (US) rather than American. Perhaps Mr Gates could be persuaded, in the interests of patriotism, to change this.

Australia still uses British spelling, and habits die hard, so I hope I will be excused for writing colour, etc.

BelieverInGod 02-09-2011 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Enoch (Post 691256)

Timbits
Toque
Nanaimo bars
Mukluks
Our love of the letter U
Loonie
Double Double
2-4
Chinook
Chocolate bar
knapsack
"Zed"

You don't know how difficult it has been to Americanize my speaking. Every once in a while someone will look at me like I'm speaking a completely foreign language. I need to use American spell check to make sure I drop my 'u's in written correspondence because colour looks completely normal to me.

Although Canukistan is nowhere near as bad as British. I have a better chance understanding those click-click African languages.

Lost Sheep McUinnean 02-09-2011 01:50 PM

Thanks for the input friends.

Here are some more examples of the superiority of American which is extinguishing English once and for all.

English: flyover, American: overpass
If God had intended cars to fly He would have intelligently designed engineers to intelligently design them with wings to able to do so. Until they manage this, then overpass is the only option with any logic.

English: dustman, American: garbage collector
The American term is transparent and logical. The English word..well, what the heck is that!? Someone covered in dust? A bedouin in a sandstorm?
http://www.solarnavigator.net/www.ar..._camp_fire.jpg

English: wellingtons, American: rubbers
Rubbers. Of course! Footwear made from RUBBER! How accurate. But the English word!? Wellingtons? Where is the logic in that!? You can't put these on your feet!
http://llangrove.org.uk/files/7612/5...ton-bomber.jpg
English: nappy, American: diaper
A nappy would imply something you sleep in! American takes the Latin 'per' and cleverly takes the first syllable from that liquid human waste often ejected at speeds approaching Mach 2 and prefixes it to the Latin suffix to give a word that does what it says! A thing for Diarrhea!

English: queueueueu, American: line
It's a line dammit. That first word just has too many damn vowels. What is that - Hawaiian?

Just a few examples to serve as proof.:thumbsup:

Rev.shields 02-11-2011 01:16 PM

Real English is more widespread than "american" particularly since Britain had an empire and taught people their English. Although the usa influences other countries with their evil media control, it's only really used in the usa and japan.

Brother Enoch 02-11-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost Sheep McUinnean (Post 691261)

What you speak is American with a few typos, that's all. God's happy with that too.

True enough, now that I think about it. As Sister BelieverInGod points out, 'Canadian' does have some weird idiosyncracies (calling the letter Zee Zed, and adding a 'u' to words like color, favorite, honor etc. being the most annoying, personally). But I can easily understand American. When I watch the O'Reilly Factor I understand every last word. Whereas when my wife watches that awful Brit show Coronation Street, all I hear is unintelligible, screechy babbling.

There's no way American and British can remotely be considered the same language anymore. Long live Godly American!!

Larry Lee 02-11-2011 08:23 PM

Well, this is a hum dinger of a topic but one which, as a native-speaking American since I was a wee lad in my ma's womb, I cannot add muckle to this discussion, except to say I was only barely aware that English was even spoken anywhere, except for one little island lying somewhere to the west o' Europe.

Still, I can tell you about the pain it causes real Americans to hear Canadians blather. OHHHHHHHHHH! Make them stop! What they do to their vowels causes Jesus to grind His wallies.

Maestus 04-05-2011 12:24 PM

There is no such thing as British, and there is no such thing as American.

There are different branches of each language, for example Texan is different to lets say, Queens NYC, and in England, people from the Liverpool speak differently to people in Leeds.

Regarding the original poster, I have lived in England for 19 years, and have never heard anybody speak like that. You sir are ignorant.

Also, please find the word, "America" in The Bible.

One other thing, you talk about other countries like they are to be looked down on, yet, "Jesus" was from the middle east, and was a Jew.

But its ok, I can say all of this because, "God" made me this way, you can't punish me for he himself will punish me. If you don't like Gods creations I think you need to find a new religion.

Brother Alex 04-05-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestus (Post 725747)
Also, please find the word, "America" in The Bible.

If you need more information about America in the Bible, click HERE!

Quote:

One other thing, you talk about other countries like they are to be looked down on, yet, "Jesus" was from the middle east, and was a Jew.
Jesus is NOT a damn joo! :rtfm:

Maestus 04-05-2011 12:45 PM

Bamah refers to a place people from Ancient Israel would go and worship...

If god or jesus really meant Alabama, it would be written Alabama.

Also, Alabama doesn't have a H in it.

Dr. Isaiah Jones 04-05-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maestus (Post 725767)
Bamah refers to a place people from Ancient Israel would go and worship...

If god or jesus really meant Alabama, it would be written Alabama.

Also, Alabama doesn't have a H in it.

If you have a need for expressing your unsaved opinions about Alabama, click HERE!

Maestus 04-05-2011 12:57 PM

Right... I'm getting confused now, are you guys actually being serious about all of this? Or is this just a forum for trolling and joking around, because some of the stuff I see that you people believe on here, is hilarious.

"People used to have Dinosaurs as pets" - Unlikely as humans hadn't evolved at that point.

"T Rex is in fact a giant kangaroo, and was a herbivore" Ok, ill give you the bone structure is semi similar, but if you look at the teeth of a kangaroo, or any herbivore, they are flat, which is used to grind down vegetation.

If you look at the teeth of a T Rex or any other carnivore they are pointed for tearing and cutting through flesh.

But of cause you will give me a 1 line answer saying, "Jesus told me" and give me an "Infraction" because I am proving you wrong and it hurts your tiny brains.