The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/index.php)
-   False Religions and Cults (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A question for false christians (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=56273)

Lycia The Repentant 12-22-2010 05:03 AM

A question for false christians
 
One of the most common complaints about the Bible that both false christians and Godless atheists like to bandy about is that the laws regarding morality in the Bible were written for a society that existed thousands of years ago and have no relevance today. Atheists explain this away by claiming there is no God and people shouldn't listen to the Bible (right before He tosses them into the lake of fire), and True Christians™ know that those laws are still relevant because God never said they weren't. But how do false christians reconcile the fact that the Bible is the Word of God while they believe that a loving God would tolerate sinful behavior like homosexuality and heathenism?

True Christians™ know that Christianity isn't about sprinkles and sunshine, but is instead about doing what God wants, and sometimes God wants some pretty extreme things. Let's take a look.

"And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel." Deuteronomy 17:12

God wants people to kill people who don't listen to pastors. Right away that's about 99% of the Godmockers that post here. <_<

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13

God wants people to kill homosexuals.

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." Leviticus 20:9

God wants people to kill anyone who curses their mother or father. Again, that's roughly 99% of the Godmocking teenagers we get here. <_<

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." Leviticus 20:10

God wants people to kill adulterers. Don't forget that includes anybody who has looked at anybody else with lust, and possibly even the person who was looked at in lust!

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death." Exodus 31:12-15

God wants people to kill anybody who works on the sabbath.

"Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood." Jeremiah 48:10

In fact, God curses people who refuse to do so!

Of course, a True Christian™ reader will know that I didn't include the scripture commanding us to kill all sorts of other people, such as false prophets, heathens, atheists, fornicators, blasphemers, women who aren't virgins on their wedding night, etc., but I only did so for brevity's sake.

Aside from who God wants people to kill, there are many other things in the Bible that false christians refuse to accept, such as the role of women:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

"For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." 1 Corinthians 11:8-9

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing." Ephesians 5:22-24

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord." Colossians 3:18

"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;" 1 Peter 3:1

Oh, but I could go on and on all day about scripture false christians don't like to hear! However, as this is getting lengthy, let me get to my point.

Now, false christians, if you claim to believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that you follow its teachings, how do you reconcile the fact that so many of its teachings don't agree with your sensibilities? If you don't want to follow the scripture you don't like, why even bother following the scripture you do? What's the point of believing in God and Jesus if you're not going to listen to them?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
2 Timothy 3:16

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:20-21

Mistress Cookie 12-22-2010 05:36 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
All of what you're saying is so extremely important, Sister Lycia.

God™ bless you for taking the time to TRY to get some of the new-fangled (emphasis on FANG) false Christians to see the error of their ways.

Some of them can't help it,; it's how they were brought up, or they're young. But no one who's now seen your thread (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) can deny they've beheld The Truth.

Let's look at this Golden Oldie:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The Bible's already referring to an "old time" there, but is it then saying "So disregard it"? No. I don't see that there. What I see is an loving admonishment that those "old" words came from God™ Himself.

I just wish the new kids today could see how much fun it can be to follow the COMPLETE words of God™. And it's really quite rude not to.

It's like going to some glorious person's house who lays a sumptuous feast before you...and then you just pick at a few things on your plate, turning your nose up at the rest?? Disgraceful.

Rev. Jim Osborne 12-22-2010 05:47 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
That is a truly inspired point, Sister Lycia and Sister Cookie! You highlight the problem that cherry-picking false Christians face: Where do they get the authority to turn a blind eye to one verse in Scripture yet say that another one is Godly and we must follow it? If God is the creator of morality, and is the final judge for all of our actions, how can we determine, subjectively, if something God has commanded is good or not? By definition, whatever God commands is good.

Leviticus 20:27 tells us that witches are evil and to be stoned, and in Leviticus 20:13 homosexuality is said to be an abomination worthy of death, and if these laws are somehow "outdated", "irrelevant", or even "wrong", then why is Leviticus 19:18 which tells us to love our neighbor as ourselves "inspired", "Christian", "important", and "good"? Why do the "nasty" parts of the Old Testament get thrown out, but the "good" parts are perfectly fine?

If Jesus wants us to ignore the OT, then why does He quote it repeatedly (Mark 12:29-30 is a direct quote of Deuteronomy 6:4-5 is one example) and reaffirm that the law of the Old Testament is still in force (Matthew 5:17-19, Matthew 7:12, Matthew 19:16-17, John 5:46-47, etc.)?

The answer is simple: You either accept the Bible fully or none at all. You can either be a True Christian™ like us or not a Christian at all. There is no in-between.

Mistress Cookie 12-22-2010 05:55 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 659746)
That is a truly inspired point, Sister Lycia!

Ahem...

BelieverInGod 12-22-2010 06:02 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Still no false christians chiming in? Why am I not surprised :thumbdown:

Mistress Cookie 12-22-2010 06:12 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 659762)
Still no false christians chiming in? Why am I not surprised :thumbdown:

Like little scurvy-carrying rats, they scurry back to their holes when the True™ light of Jesus™ is shone on them.

Fundie123 12-22-2010 06:13 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
I agree. No more Nancy boy Christians on here!

Lycia The Repentant 12-22-2010 06:16 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Thank you everyone! :)

I just simply do not understand the rationale behind being a false christian. Even atheism seems to make more sense logically than being a cherry-picker. An atheist reads something they don't like in the Bible, so they choose to hate God and not listen to any scripture. That's extremely stupid of them, of course, but at least its understandable on some level.

But what does a cherry-picking Christian do when they read stuff they don't like in the Bible? Do they just forget that they read it? Do they think there's some criteria they can measure the Godliness of a verse (ridiculous assumption, of course, all scripture is equally Godly)? And if they're not going to follow the whole law, then why do they even bother calling themselves Christians?

"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law." James 2:10-11

Since the Bible is clear that ignoring parts of the law is equivalent to ignoring the whole law, then why do they even bother adhering to the laws that they do?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. :wacko:

Mistress Cookie 12-22-2010 06:42 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 659775)
Thank you everyone! :)

I just simply do not understand the rationale behind being a false christian.

These people lack any kind of protestant work ethic and cannot commit.

They probably joined their (false) "church" because there was a dance, or all their friends were doing it, or maybe they weren't very attractive and their (false) "church" was something to fill the long weekends with. Or they took too much LSD in college one night and mistook their roommate for Jesus™.

Sad, really.

Too, a great number of them are simply not ready to stop sinning (i.e., stop engaging in a sickular lifestyle)

They must be terrible employees. I'd hate to work with someone who forgot everything they read.

Johannes Kirkeholm 12-22-2010 05:04 PM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Praise! If any false christians read this post and still refuse to become a True Christian™ then I don't think that anything in the entire world can save their soul from the fires of Hell.

I might add that the minute a false christian claims that only some parts of the Bible are inspired by God and that Jesus speaks to his heart and tells him which parts are inspired and which are not he is basically saying that he knows God better than the people who wrote the Bible. He is saying that he knows the nature of God better than people who were divinely inspired! How prideful can you get?

Of course the entire notion that only parts of the Bible are inspired by God is totally idiotic. God is omnipotent and perfect so when He gives someone a Divine Revelation He doesn't screw up. He makes sure that His meaning gets through. In fact to say that the Bible is corrupted by man and that it isn't the exact Word of God is like saying that the Holy Ghost is an idiot who can't make people speak as moved by it without screwing up.

2 Peter 1:21
For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost

And if these people who claim that the Bible isn't perfect had actually read the Bible (whereby they would see that it is in fact perfect and free of contradictions) they would know that blaspheming against the Holy Ghost is the only sin that is unforgivable.

Matthew 12:31
Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Because of this it is quite likely that false christians are beyond redemption. But I think that every false christian should at least try to find Salvation™. Even if you are beyond redemption and don't get anything out of doing all of God's commandments personally the world would still be a much better place if everybody followed Biblical Law.

teep125 12-22-2010 07:26 PM

Re: A question for false christians
 
i dont get this

Billy Bob Jenkins 12-22-2010 08:02 PM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by teep125 (Post 660263)
i dont get this

Then I guess you are damned. :(

Brother Temperance 12-22-2010 08:52 PM

Re: A question for false christians
 
To be fair to the Hellbound scum, in the New Testament it does explicitly say that the dietary laws of the OT are no longer in effect (Acts 10:9-15). I'm sure we can all see how you might think that "This specific set of prohibitions related to unclean animals has now been repealed" was the same as "There are no more laws anymore, do what you want", right?

No, actually, now I think about it I can't really see that. It looks like false Christians are still both damned and very, very stupid. Nevermind.

DDM1985 05-31-2011 06:03 AM

Re: A question for false christians
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 659720)
One of the most common complaints about the Bible that both false christians and Godless atheists like to bandy about is that the laws regarding morality in the Bible were written for a society that existed thousands of years ago and have no relevance today. Atheists explain this away by claiming there is no God and people shouldn't listen to the Bible (right before He tosses them into the lake of fire), and True Christians™ know that those laws are still relevant because God never said they weren't. But how do false christians reconcile the fact that the Bible is the Word of God while they believe that a loving God would tolerate sinful behavior like homosexuality and heathenism?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant (Post 659720)

True Christians™ know that Christianity isn't about sprinkles and sunshine, but is instead about doing what God wants, and sometimes God wants some pretty extreme things. Let's take a look.

"And the man that will do presumptuously, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God, or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel." Deuteronomy 17:12

God wants people to kill people who don't listen to pastors. Right away that's about 99% of the Godmockers that post here. <_<

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Leviticus 20:13

God wants people to kill homosexuals.

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him." Leviticus 20:9

God wants people to kill anyone who curses their mother or father. Again, that's roughly 99% of the Godmocking teenagers we get here. <_<

"And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death." Leviticus 20:10

God wants people to kill adulterers. Don't forget that includes anybody who has looked at anybody else with lust, and possibly even the person who was looked at in lust!

"But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Matthew 5:28

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death." Exodus 31:12-15

God wants people to kill anybody who works on the sabbath.

"Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood." Jeremiah 48:10

In fact, God curses people who refuse to do so!

Of course, a True Christian™ reader will know that I didn't include the scripture commanding us to kill all sorts of other people, such as false prophets, heathens, atheists, fornicators, blasphemers, women who aren't virgins on their wedding night, etc., but I only did so for brevity's sake.

Aside from who God wants people to kill, there are many other things in the Bible that false christians refuse to accept, such as the role of women:

"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

"For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man." 1 Corinthians 11:8-9

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church." 1 Corinthians 14:34-35

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing." Ephesians 5:22-24

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord." Colossians 3:18

"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;" 1 Peter 3:1

Oh, but I could go on and on all day about scripture false christians don't like to hear! However, as this is getting lengthy, let me get to my point.

Now, false christians, if you claim to believe that the Bible is the Word of God, and that you follow its teachings, how do you reconcile the fact that so many of its teachings don't agree with your sensibilities? If you don't want to follow the scripture you don't like, why even bother following the scripture you do? What's the point of believing in God and Jesus if you're not going to listen to them?

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" 2 Timothy 3:16

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost." 2 Peter 1:20-21



Amen, sister Lycia! It is important to read the WHOLE Bible, and consider EVERYTHING it says on the topics it covers... which is, basically, everything. For example:

Gen 19
Exo 21:14
But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.
Num 15:30 But the soul that doeth oughtpresumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
Jer 2:8 The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.
Jer 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
Jer 10:21 For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.
Jer 12:10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.
Jer 22:22 The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.
Jer 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.
Jer 23:2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.
Mat 7:11If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
Mat 10:21And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up againsttheirparents, and cause them to be put to death.
Mar 13:12Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up againsttheirparents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
Luk 3:14 And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
Joh 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
Joh 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, NeitherdoI condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And suchweresomeofyou: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Eph 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbathdays:
Col 3:19Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
Col 3:21 Fathers, provoke not your childrento anger, lest they be discouraged.
1Pe 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Doesn't pay to just use some scriptures, when there are so many more to consider! This is a post I'd recommend everyone on this board read! Great job with it!:thumbsup:


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:18 PM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved