The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/index.php)
-   Focus on Family - Christian Parenting (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!! (http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=75865)

John Creeser 03-23-2012 05:39 PM

Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Friends,

We all know the only reason God will allow a divorce is if adultery is committed, there is NO other reason.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Well one such Godly Republican has been reading his King James version of the Bible too!!:thumbsup:

Quote:

In Wisconsin -- yes, the same state where lawmakers have introduced a bill penalizing single mothers for being unmarried -- a Republican state representative has come out against divorce for any reason -- even domestic abuse.

Instead of leaving an abusive situation, women should try to remember the things they love about their husbands, Representative Don Pridemore said. "If they can re-find those reasons and get back to why they got married in the first place it might help," he told a local news station.
Source

Look, a True Christian™ husband doesn't just smack his wife around for no reason, that would be wrong:nonono:. The only reason we physically punish our wives is because they did something incredibly stupid (burned the pie, used too much starch, accidentally flashed an ankle, etc). As with any sub-intelligent species, they need a physical reminder in order for it to truly sink in (unlike a male who just needs to be told once). I do the same thing with my dog.

So ladies, next time you are enduring your husbands blows, remember the things you love about your husband (think positive) and the reasons you two fell in love.:wub::thumbsup:

God bless you Representative Don Pridemore!! A True Christian Republican™ standing up for traditional Christian marital values:innocent:

Pastor Isaac Peters 03-23-2012 05:52 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Amen, Brother! Here's what else Our Lord said about marriage:

Matt. 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Are you going to tell the Almighty that He made a mistake in joining you together with your husband?

Billy Bob Jenkins 03-23-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
I would like to point out that it is fornication specifically, and not just any old kind of adultery, such as adultery of the heart which Jesus made up, that is to be considered grounds for divorce. So you broads can't just go and divorce your husband because he is in love with another woman, or because he is a gay. He has to follow through with the act.

shy Rita 03-23-2012 06:54 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
So... even if your husband is homicidal, you should stay with him? Something seems screwy about that. Can somebody explain that to me?

Titus Templeton 03-23-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
I had to beat my wife yesterday because she threw away bread. There was only a little mold on it.

Redeemed Papist 03-23-2012 06:56 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shy Rita (Post 862159)
So... even if your husband is homicidal, you should stay with him? Something seems screwy about that. Can somebody explain that to me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Creeser (Post 862128)
Friends,

We all know the only reason God will allow a divorce is if adultery is committed, there is NO other reason.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Well one such Godly Republican has been reading his King James version of the Bible too!!:thumbsup:

Source

Look, a True Christian™ husband doesn't just smack his wife around for no reason, that would be wrong:nonono:. The only reason we physically punish our wives is because they did something incredibly stupid (burned the pie, used too much starch, accidentally flashed an ankle, etc). As with any sub-intelligent species, they need a physical reminder in order for it to truly sink in (unlike a male who just needs to be told once). I do the same thing with my dog.

So ladies, next time you are enduring your husbands blows, remember the things you love about your husband (think positive) and the reasons you two fell in love.:wub::thumbsup:

God bless you Representative Don Pridemore!! A True Christian Republican™ standing up for traditional Christian marital values:innocent:

Now where did I see that recently?

shy Rita 03-23-2012 07:06 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redeemed Papist (Post 862164)
Now where did I see that recently?

I guess you're right. I apologize for wasting God's bandwidth.

John Creeser 03-23-2012 10:03 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shy Rita (Post 862159)
So... even if your husband is homicidal, you should stay with him? Something seems screwy about that. Can somebody explain that to me?

Well maybe you shouldn't be doing things that get him that mad. You're not terribly bright are you Rita?

OliveOilMom 03-27-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
I take offense to how they call it an "abusive" marriage. Abuse is something done out of hate. When a good, CHRISTIAN husband corrects his wife he does it out of love and obedience to the LORD! A man who is following scripture should not have the cuffs slapped on him by some liberal version of Barney Fife all because of an athiestic law! :o

I just saw this article too. http://http://shine.yahoo.com/love-s...232700220.html I wanted to post a thread on it, but wasn't allowed to yet, and lo and behold, a BROTHER in CHRIST had already seen it. I am so very glad that the brother was so much more vigilant than I was in catching up on National and world events, as it should be of course as I have a home to keep, a helpmeet to be, and the LORDS work to keep me busy with womanly things. :innocent: :thumbsup:


I PRAY that this is the first step in repealing those satanic "abuse" and "domestic violence" "laws". If the wife were a GODLY woman and doing her domestic DUTY, then her husband would not have to use violence to give her a RIGHTEOUS correction!

We are moving in the right direction PRAISE JESUS!! :jesus:

Good Christian Woman 03-27-2012 07:05 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Creeser (Post 862128)
Friends,

We all know the only reason God will allow a divorce is if adultery is committed, there is NO other reason.

Matthew 5:32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Well one such Godly Republican has been reading his King James version of the Bible too!!:thumbsup:

Source

Look, a True Christian™ husband doesn't just smack his wife around for no reason, that would be wrong:nonono:. The only reason we physically punish our wives is because they did something incredibly stupid (burned the pie, used too much starch, accidentally flashed an ankle, etc). As with any sub-intelligent species, they need a physical reminder in order for it to truly sink in (unlike a male who just needs to be told once). I do the same thing with my dog.

So ladies, next time you are enduring your husbands blows, remember the things you love about your husband (think positive) and the reasons you two fell in love.:wub::thumbsup:

God bless you Representative Don Pridemore!! A True Christian Republican™ standing up for traditional Christian marital values:innocent:

The abuse IS the reason I fell in love with my husband. :inlove:

Capt. Aaron Portway 03-27-2012 07:23 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Both of my unsaved whore ex-wives (they didn't start acting like unsaved whores until AFTER we were married of course!:thumbdown: )used bogus claims of "mental and physical cruelty" to take me to the cleaners when they left me.

During all three divorce trials (I married my first wife again after my second divorce :facepalm: ), the SICKular judges totally refused to let me use the KJV1611 Bible as justification for disciplining my own property!

So even though it's a little late to help me, it's great that a politician is looking out for put-upon True Christian™ husbands!:thumbsup:

Mary Etheldreda 03-27-2012 09:14 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OliveOilMom (Post 864063)
I take offense to how they call it an "abusive" marriage. Abuse is something done out of hate. When a good, CHRISTIAN husband corrects his wife he does it out of love and obedience to the LORD!

InDEED, Miss 'Mom!

Discipline is correction of chaos and we know our LORD is not a Lord of Chaos but of Order. Consider the orderly way in which He created the world:

Day One: God creates Light (Genesis 1:3-5)

Day Two: God creates Heaven (Genesis 1:6-8)

Day Three: God creates Land and Water (Genesis 1:9-13)

Then, our LORD goes to the trouble of DECORATING our universe!

Day Four: God decorates the Heavens (Genesis 1:14-19)

Day Five: God decorates the Land and Water (Genesis 1:20-23)

Day Six: God's masterpiece, he decorates the earth with MAN (and eventually, from his rib, woman) (Genesis 1:24-31)

Day Seven: God Rests to make Sunday Holy (Genesis 2:2-3)


How glorious it is that our LORD, a Lord of Order, has created the perfect system so that He speaks His Will to the Man who, in turn, tells the woman what to think do. (1 Corinthians 11:3) See how perfectly that works out? He is orderly, She is decorative!

Any woman who doesn't know her husband's responsibility is to rule over her is thwarting God's divine and perfect plan, (Genesis 3:16) and a True Christian™ Husband is only restoring it.

:thumbsup:

John Creeser 03-28-2012 08:36 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Now THERE are some decent True Christian women ™:thumbsup:

Preach it Sisters!!:clap:





....as long as you have all your chores done and your husbands permission.

juliet 06-28-2012 08:37 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OliveOilMom (Post 864063)
I take offense to how they call it an "abusive" marriage. Abuse is something done out of hate. When a good, CHRISTIAN husband corrects his wife he does it out of love and obedience to the LORD!

I PRAY that this is the first step in repealing those satanic "abuse" and "domestic violence" "laws". If the wife were a GODLY woman and doing her domestic DUTY, then her husband would not have to use violence to give her a RIGHTEOUS correction!

We are moving in the right direction PRAISE JESUS!! :jesus:

i totally agree. it's not abuse, it's a husband lovingly act of correction, and it is among his duties, as head of the family. And Christian women DO love to have this husbands' sign of love and devotion! we love to be honored by our Godly husbands' discipline! :wub:

a few years ago, my beloved Husband (who is a lawyer) started a petition for a new law that makes it legal for a husband to duly discipline his wife. In less than 3 weeks he was able to collect 12.000 signatures, and more than 65% of the applicant were women!

so why can't' we stop these shameful lies on abuse in Christian marriage????:thumbdown:

Adam Fag 06-28-2012 09:44 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
2 Chronicles 11:21 And Rehoboam loved Maachah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and his concubines: (for he took eighteen wives, and threescore concubines; and begat twenty and eight sons, and threescore daughters.)

I don't know why you'd put up with the wives......

FeminaziLesbian 11-03-2012 03:00 AM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
. . . how am I supposed to leave an Abusive Marriage if I can't get married? just throwing that out there. You arrogant wankers.

Pastor Ezekiel 11-03-2012 03:10 AM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeministLesbian (Post 945941)
. . . how am I supposed to leave an Abusive Marriage if I can't get married? just throwing that out there. You arrogant wankers.

First of all, this is NOT a debate forum. We're right and you're wrong, according to Jesus and the Holy Word of God. Please read THIS thread before making an even bigger fool of yourself. :rtfm:

Secondly, while the internets might seem to be "free" to you, this particular corner of the internets is a privately owned Christian forum. The rights you have on this forum are listed HERE. Please contact a Pastor immediately if you feel that any of your rights have been violated.

Finally, your unsaved opinions or tantrums are not even slightly of interest to us. We follow the Holy Word of God TO THE LETTER, and make no apologies for that. One of the most important commandments in the Bible tells us to avoid unsaved scum such as yourself. You wandered in here uninvited, and unwelcome .

If you want to debate people, THIS is the place to go.

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

James Hutchins 11-03-2012 04:45 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
My experience is any man can tolerate an abusive relationship.
Women need to get a back bone. God arranged things in such a manner as to be a give and a take. I give, my wife takes, in silent shame. I put up with her mistakes, inability to lift large weights (she can barely toss a bale of hay into the loft), lack of intelligence and cowering fear. Fortunately for me, I am rarely (no more than once or twice a week) put into a position where I have to get out of my chair and correct her sassieness with a sharp backhand. You never hear me complain.

Carl the wop 11-03-2012 05:19 PM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeminaziLesbian (Post 945941)
. . . how am I supposed to leave an Abusive Marriage if I can't get married? just throwing that out there. You arrogant wankers.

God sees you as an abomination, so any abuse you receive you have brought upon yourself.

Pastor Isaac Peters 11-04-2012 01:29 AM

Re: Wives!! Stay in your abusive marriage!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeminaziLesbian (Post 945941)
. . . how am I supposed to leave an Abusive Marriage if I can't get married? just throwing that out there. You arrogant wankers.

None of us told you to make that deathstyle choice. Just throwing that out there, you arrogant God-hater.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by Jesus - vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Landover Baptist Forums © 1999, 2009 all rights reserved