View Single Post
(#324)
Old
Forum Member

Calvinist is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.Calvinist is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.Calvinist is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: The Christian guide to TORTURING your children - 09-15-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missynine View Post
Well they didn't discipline me for "god" no they did it because i did something wrong, and i didn't feel fear or Obedience i felt anger, and i acted out because of it
Interesting, so your parents acknowledge that there is right and wrong, but according to who? Are you an unbeliever, ones whose thoughts are nothing more than than atomic motion in the brain obeying the fixed laws of chemistry? Just curious as to whether you reject an absolute moral law giver? If not, how do you reconcile human responsibility when you're acting out of control?

Quote:
Yes I have, i even was one myself if you believe it or not and i got bullied and i did some bad things,i got very strictly punished for those things, i hated my parents for it, i don't want my child to hate me
Doesn't sound as though you're understanding the difference between love and hate. Doesn't matter whether you believe in an absolute law giver, just because you personally don't believe it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. See my question regarding "free thinkers" and the "byproduct" of fixed laws.

In regards to your children hating you, you're almost guaranteeing they will if they turn to Christ, so by the sounds of it you have committed yourself to bringing up your children as an infidel? Are you putting them in a place and attempting to wire them according to your own lifestyle, seems to me that your ways are going to sincerely hinder your children.

Quote:
I am pretty tolerant but this is borderline if not just Domestic Violence that is being talked about and i am More Tolerant than you
The question is tolerant of what? I am highly prejudiced for example because I believe in law. And I exercise tolerance whenever I walk out in the garden and pluck a weed from the soil. Question is, is my intolerance more of a virtue than your own personal tolerance?