View Single Post
(#20)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Annalita Thrax is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: God literally impregnated Mary with sex. - 08-16-2011, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi Jones View Post
I'm just as shocked as you are by this statement. I couldn't believe it.

My search for this information started with a statement some angry atheist made on facebook.

It snowballed into something where I naturally assumed the daft atheist was reading the bible incorrectly. We as Christians know that the Holy Ghost just tapped Mary on the shoulder and she was pregnant after that, right?

I'm afraid not. You'll have to follow me here for a bit and understand how I came to this crazy, yet true conclusion.

My opening statement was that,

Matthew 1:18
Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together*, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

* came together. synerchomai συνέρχομαι

is completely different from

Luke 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee**, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

**eperchomai ἐπέρχομαι

They are completely different words, but wait.

The wording in Matthew of coming together. Root 1 σύν/syn accompanying coming with or more literally with Root 2 chomai/ἔρχομαι coming. (coming with consensual)

Vs. the way Luke 1 is written. Root one ἐπί/ epi
upon, on, at, by, before
2) of position, on, at, by, over, against
3) to, over, on, at, across, against
Thayer's lexicon adds the term a heavy breathing, but also says it is used primarily as upon.
Both of these words have the same root. ἔρχομαι which is to come.

Now, this is not big news in and of itself. It's all quite explainable up to this point. The same word is used as if the Holy Spirit has come upon you as a feeling or possessed you. The Bible Greek supports this position.

What the Bible hasn't said is that, the Holy Ghost literally comes over you. The same verb eperchomai ἐπέρχομαι, is used in the story of the Swan and Leda.

What do these stories have to do with one another? Nothing at all! One is myth and the other is true.

The thing is that they use the same verb (to come upon[ a variation of eperchomai) for the copulation of Leda and Zeus and Mary and the Holy Ghost.

The sad fact is, I have come to realize is that there is a literal copulation between God and Mary.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news on this one. I really am.

Pastor Jones, Your analysis leaves me speechless. So thorough, so solid. Your easy brilliance and pure Godliness have moved me. On my knees before you and God, I ask you to Bless me in His name, and pray for the lives of my father and my former betrothed and the soul of my dutiful mother.

Bless you,
Annalita

~