View Single Post
(#17)
Old
Forum Member
Forum Member

Protected by JESUS

X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.X-treme Zealotry has got mom and a couple of family members to click the rep button.
Default Re: Why does God sometimes reward evil people - 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM

I think it's because God is totally righteous and likes doing nice things for people when He feels like it.
Not His fault they abuse his graciously dispensed gifts.

One day all these "Well-Off" sinners will approach the throne and God will say, "I gave you a million dollars, an Aston Martin, and a swimming pool, and you STILL screwed this up?"

For another perspective, check out Matthew 6:2 - "Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. "

There is a similar principle at work here. The wealthy sinners on earth have their "reward", such as it is, but it's all they will ever get and it will one day fade away, whereas heaven is forever. The decay of their material wealth glorifies God in his permanence.

It's the same deal as why Christians face persecution whereas sinner "fit in".

"An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded."