View Single Post
(#4)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

zMuffinMan is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: DEUTERONOMY 22:28 If a woman is raped, she MUST marry her rap - 04-28-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Billy-Reuben View Post
Amen, Brother!

I have to admit that, before I got saved, I did not like this passage one bit. To the unsaved mind, rape seems to be a horrible crime, and it seems excessively cruel to force a rape victim to marry her rapist.

I thank the Good Lord every day that I am saved now. Now that I am saved, I can understand God's word.

Because of what the Bible teaches us through the Old and New Testaments about the role of women, I understand that the woman's feelings are simply unimportant in this matter. It is the father who now has damaged goods on his hands, a humbled daughter who cannot fetch a proper dowry.

Even to this day, even right now at this very minute, I can still hear Satan whispering to me inside my head, trying to trick me into rejecting the Word of God -- but what did she do to deserve this? she has experienced one of the worst things imaginable, and now she has to submit to this a**hole for the rest of her life? how is this justice? he should have his n*ts hacked off with a dull blade instead -- but I am not fooled. I can always recognize the voice of Satan, because he always tries to get me to ignore scripture and follow my own sinful mind.

If I sing hymns is a loud voice for long enough, the Devil usually gives up for a while.

Pastor Billy-Reuben
Ok, so hypothetically speaking if someone(say myself) were to rape your own daughter, i presume you would let me marry her after i pay you 50 shekkels of silver or the equivelant in some form of payment? After all she would be just be damaged goods and it would simply be unfair to give her off to someone else.