View Single Post
(#33)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

ChurchofChristMember is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: My Little Pony - Satan's Newest Recruitment Vehicle - 12-01-2011, 08:29 AM

Hello all, I found this post from a friend of mine on Facebook. I am not a Baptist, so I hope that without much clashing between faiths I can get my point across well.

I am a 17 year old Nebraskan boy who has been raised in the church, baptized at the age of 15 and been praising our lord and savior my whole life. I started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic around February of this year. I was instantly taken in by the wonderful voice actors, vibrant colors, and most importantly morals it teaches. Yes, I know that some of tropes in this series conflicts seems to conflict with some scriptures, but I don't think because Twilight Sparkle can lift a book, or teleport means that Witchcraft is being forced upon us, or even encouraging its use in everyday life. With your case of Furry Fandom and Bestiality being encouraged by the series, I will say you have both hit and missed. Furries will always be where "Animal Cartoons" are, but I do not believe the show itself encourages any such thing. People take what they see differently, we are all different people, God made us this way. I have also seen the video where you captured the picture of the two Gentlemen in the Fursuits "engaging in sexual intercourse". I am afraid that is the furthest thing from the truth. They are in fact hugging. You can find the video by searching it up on youtube. Unless we have changed the meaning of embrace to coitus, let me know.

On another note, the morals in the show are almost identical to our Christian values. In one episode, Pinkamina Diane Pie, also known as Pinkie Pie, has a sixth sense, in which Twilight Sparkle deems it as impossible. Pinkie keeps telling Twilight to have faith, and sometimes you cannot explain everything that happens in your world. Initially Twilight is skeptical, and tries to find way after way to disprove this Sixth Sense, in the end she cannot, and she has no way but to just acknowledge that Pinkie Pie has her faith, and she should not try and cross the line between that. By the end of the episode, Pinkie has actually taught Twilight the core essence of faith, which I'm sure you believe as well as I, you cannot enter heaven without the faith that Jesus died for all of us, and with the remission of our sins, we shall join him and the father in heaven.

I thought that I would throw in my two cents. If you took the time to read all of my opinions, I thank you. God Bless!