View Single Post
(#4)
Old
Unsaved trash, sheep lover

Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.Eddie James is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Wink Re: Concerning nonbelievers - 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor View Post
The Bible explains that God made the world, all the animals, various other things.

"Oh, really?" declares the scoffer.
"Where are these things God supposedly made?" sneers the atheist.
"Faith is no explanation for me," parrots their secularist bedfellow. "I need evidence!"

OK, I can see that you need evidence since you have no faith, and I don't need The Bible to provide it.

Just say I claimed I'd made a gerlfjthmsuencxi. Where is it? What does it do? Have I hidden my gerlfjthmsuencxi so that no-one can see it? So that only persons of faith will accept its existence? Perhaps I say it's invisible ..but ..it is there ..really

But in reality there is no gerlfjthmsuencxi, I didn't make one at all indeed, there is no such thing.

God is not like that. Not only has the world He made NOT been hidden but it is rather obvious. By looking around, I can see those trees. The animals are actually there. At night I can see those stars He told me He'd made. That is hard evidence. What The Bible explains is born out by observation. And every detail is exactly as claimed.

Even the travail of childbirth is just as God predicted it would be and the bite of the serpent, all those years ago.

But God isn't real,
Reality exists through empirical evidence, we can't see god, hear him or physically touch him, therefore he isn't part of our reality. You agree when you say he's supernatural.
Ironically if he indeed could be seen or heard or interact with us, he would become part of our reality, and would be bound by the laws of science.
Any old fool can claim to be god and many do. Doesn't mean they are though.

If your saying that god created everything we see, then who created god?
It's an oxymormon to assert the necessity of creation to complex organisms and then dismiss the same for a deity, who as a creator would surly be more complex than us.

It's really very straight forward. If there really was a deity then he's unlikely to be accurately depicted and described by Iron Age illiterate shepherds, with no understanding of the natural world, more likely he is a myth, conjured by man to lesson their phobia of death or to assert order in society, and like the thousands of deities that have come and gone. I put it to you, that in just a few short years from now, Christianity will be dismissed by everyone, much in the same way Zues and Thor are now.
Separation of religion and state, is the way forward, understanding and acceptance regardless of individual positions is important and necessary for peace and tranquility. Many Christians can maintain their faith and still accept and respect the positions of others.
Why can't you?
I read a post by a "true Christian" on here, he said that certain texts in the bible shouldn't be adhered to, like giving all your money to the poor.
If you can dismiss that, then why not dismiss the homophobia and the misogyny? The fascism and the prejudice?
You seem more sadistic than religious I'm afraid

I don't believe in an afterlife, but I do believe in life before death.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done
abominable works, there is none that doeth good.