View Single Post
(#34)
Old
Confirmed Enemy of God
BANNED from Landover -- Aeternal Damnation Assured

Cherry-picker Full of it CAUTION - Underage Poster Fluffy bunny

realdemon is a sorcerer and idolater who follows false gods and will rot in Hell.
Default Re: Seven Easy Ways To Tell The True Bible From the False Ones - 05-24-2011, 06:28 AM

Dear KJV Only Advocate:

Greetings in Jesus' name.

We're sure you must have been wondering if we'd ever write you back! We have several reasons for the delay, but the primary one centers around the apparent futility of it. By this we mean that you seem unmovable, as we are, regarding this divisive subject, which you brought up and made an issue, that is, the KJV is the only reliable English Bible.

First, please note that we do not try to defend the sole use of the NIV (or any version) as the only reliable English Bible. This should be apparent by looking at our ministry catalog. It is our opinion that the best method is to study several different translations and have a Greek-English interlinear handy if possible. We have received great blessings from reading versions such as The Amplified Bible, The Wuest translation and Young's Literal.

I used to read the KJV for the first five years after I was saved. (By the way, I was saved by reading a Bible that wasn't the KJV! As a former Catholic, I would never have trusted any translation other than a Catholic Bible, so that is what I read and got saved through!) When I finally switched from the KJV to the NIV, my comprehension of the Word of God soared. What I struggled to understand from the KJV was now easily understood!

While reading the KJV, I had come across "unicorn(s)" (Num. 23:22; 24:8; Deut. 33:17; Job 39:9,10; Psa. 22:21; 29:6; 92:10; Isa. 34:7) and knew they were authentic animals and it momentarily cast a shred of doubt over me about the inspiration of the Bible! Thank God this did not stop me from continuing in the Scriptures!

The bottom line in all of this is that one must be able to understand the Word of God. In regard to this, there are at least 827 words and phrases in the days of King James that have changed their meaning or are no longer used in our modern, everyday English language, i.e., suffer, filthy lucre, quick, lunatick, wax, charity, gay clothing, etc.! This is just a partial listing.

The King James Bible Word Book by Ronald Bridges and Luther A. Weigle, published by Thomas Nelson Publishers, states the following on the inside jacket:

"Did you know that in the King James Version of the Bible the word 'advertise' means 'tell,' 'allege' means 'prove,' and 'conversation' means 'behavior'? That 'communicate' means 'share,' 'take through' means 'be anxious,' and 'prevent' means 'precede'? That 'meat' is a general term for 'food,' and 'anon' and 'by and by' translate Greek words which mean 'immediately'?
<B>

These words -- and many like them -- made perfect sense to readers when the KJV was published in 1611. But today, after nearly four centuries of changes in English, few readers know what such words mean. And most readers miss the riches of the all-time favorite King James Bible"
</B>

[emphasis ours].
A clear example of this shines forth by comparing the KJV to the NIV and NKJV. Heb. 2:18 in each translation reads:

"For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted" (KJV).

"Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted" (NIV).

"For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted" (NKJV).

Following Jesus To The End, Dan and Cheryl Corner

http://forums.carm.org/vbb/archive/i.../t-24171.html?

By the way, I have given you a link as to where I borrowed this information. It isn't plagiarism as I am not taking credit for it.