View Single Post
(#9)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Carpe Diem Jim is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: John 2:20 - How old was Jesus? - 11-20-2008, 05:20 PM

I have two questions regarding this post and an reply that was posted. Please forgive my ignorance if I am wrong in asking these questions.

I always bvelieved that Jesus began his ministry at 30 based upon Luke 3:23. The literal translation from the Greek seems to support this. I also believed that the many instances of people's "amazement" and the teaching and authority of Jesus, wa not only due to His awesome teaching but the fact that he was from Nazereth (can anything good come from here?) and that he was "young" in constrast of the Rabbis and religious leaders of that day. The last fact why I beleived He was 30 is that the assumption that a man could not have the intellect, wisdom, or ability to teach would seem to go by the wayside when one examines Luke 2:41-51. At the age of 12 He was teaching i the temple. NO NORMAL MAN could do this, but we knw that Christ was 100% man and 100% God at the same time. So surely the man who could heal the sick, cause th blind to see and raise the dead could teach with authority about His Father and the gospel AT ANY AGE.

My second question concerns a reply from a Pastor. I love and have memorized from the KJV my entire life. I am wondering how that the KJV translation of the scripture can be called "holy." The Word of God itself is Holy, but does stating that the KJV is holy mean that those who were involved in the traslation process were equally inspired by the Holy Spirit as the orignal human authors? Does this also mean that, for example, the ESV version (which upon my examination in all three langues is a VERY accurate translation of the original manuscripts) is not "Holy."

I am confused abot these two matters and would like some help. Thank you!