View Single Post
(#135)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

drewwhiteddc is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Follow the Word of God, not your "conscience" - 12-24-2017, 01:23 AM

Alright, I had to comment on this. It is beyond unbelievably absolutely ridiculous. This must be a joke. Seriously?! The initial post made by Pastor Billy-Reuben is beyond ridiculous and offensive, and it totally misrepresents the bible. I have read the bible all the way through and studied it almost with obsession. I have also been baptized with the holy spirit and have seen that cessationism is not only a lie, but is not supported with scripture anywhere whereas continuism is everywhere in scripture. The Holy Spirit is alive and we can talk to Him as an extra guide that doesn't contradict scripture but rather affirms it (as far as I know there is no exception to this). This doesn't introduce error, but rather eradicates it, something I could explain later.

These are the points that I find untenable in the initial argument (I'll state them clearly and go into detail if need be). First off, at quick glance, I don't see Deuteronomy 29:19-20 as someone elevating their conscience above the law of God, but rather someone who willfully sins against God while knowing better.

Also, I think your arguments on men having dominion over women are definitely wrongly interpreted, based on the ancient Greek and the context. I can't believe your quotes after. Either you are joking or doctrinal error is so crazy here that I can't believe it. No one says that non-christians are all demons (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...12&version=KJV), the law of Moses was fulfilled by Jesus and we are not required to kill those who disagree. Are you kidding me? We are under grace. Where in the New Testament would you get the idea to kill those who proselytize unbelievers? Did Jesus or Paul kill the Pharisees? Did this happen ANYWHERE after the law of Moses was fulfilled in the New Testament? The sword Jesus brought was to put families against each other that is rather clear if you read the rest of that chapter (kind of like how Muslims have that happen today).

The rape of a virgin female in the Old Testament must be understood in context to their society, and that if the man continued being wicked, his life would probably be in danger with the rest of the law. The other rape things you say are not in scripture and are crazy! Numbers 31 never mentions rape, and Dt. 22:23-24 never mentions how loud she screams at my glance! We are to obey our conscience and not violate it as taught by Paul's words! Also, we re-educate our conscience according to scripture.

The problem is that many of your arguments are shown to be wrong in other places in the Word of God. Most often our conscience will oppose us in actions if we sense a seeming contradiction in other parts of scripture and God's will with what we intend to say or do. These objections of conscience are to be taken SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't take verses out of context! There is serious doctrinal error here. I think we all need to pray to the living, speaking Holy Spirit so that he can guide us to perfectly interpret scripture by his interpretation. That way we can all teach the same thing as Paul advocated (http://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/1-10.htm).

Cessationism is SUPER DANGEROUS! It has us interpret scripture with only our own minds instead of talking to the Holy Spirit and seeing His interpretation! He has led me to understand scriptures that I didn't understand before, and to be better than I could on my own! I will pray that all of the body of Christ can unite in perfect love and understanding of the Word of God.

God Bless!!!!!

Paul and Jesus address that in the new covenant no food is unclean when given with thanksgiving (outside of stumbling-blocks and issue of conscience), Obviously Jesus is not saying to hate our families but to not love them more than we love Him. How anyone could get a literal interpretation of that is beyond me when compared to loving your neighbor as yourself.