View Single Post
(#18)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Louise1987 is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: Att. ATHEISTS: What is the Purpose of your SAD,Sorry lives? - 01-21-2011, 11:19 PM

Yes, you have a constitution. SURPRISE!

Hey Temperance. Thank you for answering the way you have, that's pretty neat.

1) Says you. Your Bible says it, but only you believe it. Muslims belive their religion is the correct one, too, and so do many others. What makes YOU right?

2) Once more, according to YOU. According to islam, YOU're hellbound. According to ALL RELIGIONS I'm hellbound.

Luckily I don't believe in hell. I don't see why anyone has the right to decide my fate.

3)

According to your book God made the rainbow. According to science, religion exist because science was inadequate at the time and couldn't give the needed informations. So what science couldn't prove was found to be work of god. As we move religions have adapted due to undeniable proof of several things.

The catholic pope has admitted the Big Bang existed. However, en claims god did it. Still, they progressed.

4)
Dude, I don't kill people because it doesn't benefit me. Not at all. I'm working with a telephone company where I get extra paid if I get people to join. I don't lie, still, despite it benefitting me. Truly, I don't. I try to see if people can benefit and if they do, it's good for me as well, but otherwise I'd never sell based on my own needs.

I often talk with a friend about how people can't drive. It's terrible. But just because everyone else drives like shit doesn't mean I should, because I wouldn't help the problem that way.

Have you ever spoken with non-religious people? And dude, have you EVER seen those channels who claim they can cure you through the television? Have you seen the guy who sells "miracle spring water"?

Not too long ago there was a religious man who was calling people out in his church, saying their names and people were exited, until they realised that his wife was talking to him through an ear-piece.

Don't claim innocence, we don't claim it either. We're all guilty of something, religious as non-religious.

I adore Hitchens, he's very insightful. He's really curious about things as well, adopting the religions to understand them. Cool dude.

5)

So... Catholics are OK with molestation when they get away with it... so that makes it ok?

Ofcourse not. Thieving is never ok. Someone who worked their butts off have lost something because some guy is an idiot. It's not ok.

You can argue that it's understandable, however, in some poor countries, but in a place like the west, where we have our needs covered mostly, thieving is not ok. Take charge of your life, be your master. Stop whining about how you were poor as a child.

I grew up with an alchoholic mother. I am on my second education right now. I don't use my past as an excuse.

6)
If someone made an argument towards something I might do it. Depending on topic. If you were a trained sniper and you were told to kill Bin Laden, would you do it? If you were the only one who could?

Who should be saved? A man or a criminal?

Most of my morals come from logic, but it doesn't mean I'm swayed by a good argument. There's more to it than that.

But let's face it: I don't see the point in doing something when someone proved to me it's incorrect. Like... I dunno... Point is, why should I keep doing A when it turns out B is better? I don't just jump on it because of a good argument, I search afterwards to see if it's true, to know the facts.

Like a story with my sister regarding Soya Milk and regular milk. She doesn't like regular milk because there are too many hormones in it. So she used soys. Fact is, soya contains hormone-like substances, which are just as bad. So know she knew and could find something better, something healthier.

6) Does this mean you don't want to be operated in case of sickness? Does this mean you don't use penicillin? Way to go for you, I bow for that. Don't just ignore some science, but all of it. I can accept that. I don't like those religious people who just pluck what they feel is right and then claim holy.

Of course, at the same time I honestly think people who ignore medical advice for some psychic/homeopathic/holistic nonesense is utterly insane and should never allowed to put their children at risk. Medicine and science cannot cure everything, but start there before you attend someone who has a "feeling". Too many children have died because their parents faith didn't permit them to be saved. But then again, the parents supposedly believed their children would be saved in death.

But what if the children believed otherwise, who are the parents to force their faith on others? It's it our right to choose?

7)
How do you know what we do and don't? I don't pretend to not believe in god. But I believe you pretend to believe in god because you're afraid.

Now, this is mud-throwing and utterly pointless, since you cannot know what I believe and vice versa. Calling an entire group for liers is something we both can do and should be stopped now, as it's unproductive. It's obvious I believe you're deranged and you believe me to go to hell when I die, so it lies within the context.

8) the bible wasn't made in US... And so you think your religion is the trumph card, right? Does that mean you drive the way you want in traffic? Does it mean you rage war on your non-religious neighbours, force them to convert or else?

No, you abide by US laws (if you reside in the US, ofc.)

9) I wasn't adding my mail to bitch about you, more to discuss his/her religious views without doing it through a comment.

But I'm not verified, so I cannot reply to msgs and I cannot make any. Which means I cannot defend myself against the accusation laid before me.

But then, that's religion in a nutshell, right? Don't bother defending yourself, you've been judge already? How would YOU feel if you were in my situation, where a whole group bitch about me just because I present a different view or ask questions? I was infricted without ability to defend.

And soon I will get yet another one, where I "whine about infriction" once more and you will have a wonderful way to get rid of me. So hey, grats to you. Let's just push away the different views and live in our own bubble.

Anyways, have a pleasant evening. I am off to bed now, I reckon