Thread: Tolerance
View Single Post
(#42)
Old
Unsaved trash
Under Investigation

Nachodemon is fearful, unbelieving, a liar, a whoremonger, and abominable. Has a place in the Lake of Fire secured.
Default Re: Tolerance - 10-28-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycia The Repentant View Post
OK, first of all, the only version we use here is the KJV 1611, not the NIV. Secondly, it would be more appropriate to post that scripture as Matthew 7:1-2, so as not to confuse it with Matthew 7:12, which reads like this:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

Now, Matthew 7:1-2 should read like this:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." Matthew 7:1-2

Now, to REALLY get the whole picture, it helps if we look at the three next verses:

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Pay special attention to Matthew 7:5, because it is that verse that shows what is REALLY being said here.

Matthew 7:1-5, taken in context, is a prohibition against hypocrisy. For example, if I were a shoplifter, I shouldn't be judging people for shoplifting. If, however, I am NOT a shoplifter, then it is perfectly alright for me to judge shoplifters and inform them that they are committing sins.

Now, if you would like to read more, Rev. Jim Osborne has already posted an excellent sermon on this very topic!

So do you judge women for being open with their bodies to men, while you made a thread looking for a man and positively responded to a masturbation reference in the process, that a "True Christian" made?

And yes, I have read all of it, my apologies, I was misinformed on the quote, but it still stands that the bible never commanded judgement, just did not condone it.

Did you know Bestiality wasn't condoned in some American States until 4 years ago? It's one of those things you just don't do, same with judging other humans. For it is not our place to judge.

I forgot the verse, but:

“And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.”