View Single Post
(#20)
Old
Fourm Member
Forum Member

True Christian™ Heaven Bound True Christian Caucasian True Christian Homemaker True Christian Lady Christian Love 1st Year Bible College Real American™ The Lord’s Witness Wound Heaven Bound Cleanest Kitchen Best stoning bucket Mother of 2 boys or 5 girls Bronze Tither Best Pie One Year/1000 posts Friend of Jesus Flat Earth Most Obedient 2nd Year Bible College 3rd Year Bible College Mama Grizzly Persecuted The Al E. Pistle Award for Excellence in Rebuking Pro-Life Punched the most queers True Republican

BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.BelieverInGod is under investigation -- suspected to be Unsaved Trash.
Default Re: John 2:20 - How old was Jesus? - 03-03-2013, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilissa View Post
Thank you Pastor Rune Enoe! Your evidence is straight forward and convincing!

Random question: does anybody know how/when did this belief start?
Well first of all is the Catholic assumption that the current Calendar is based on Jesus birth. They know better than that. It was started by Ceaser and then edited a few times. There is no proof that Jesus was born December 25, 1 BC, but don't tell the fuzzy bunnies that.

According to Luke 3:23 Jesus was baptized when he was "about thirty years of age". Somehow people forget that "about" part, and demand that he was baptized on his 30th birthday or something like that.

It also seems that people take the quote that Pastor Enoe posted above to mean that Jesus visited the temple in the 46 year of its existence even though the next verse clearly states that Jesus was speaking about the Temple of his Body.

As you can see, this is the problem with fuzzy bunny Christians. You take a scripture here and a scripture there, glue the parts you like together, stand on one leg, and squint real hard and there, the Bible says exactly what you want it to say.

Don't feel bad though. I'm glad you brought this up. I was under the 33-year-od delusion. I'm embarrassed to admit that I had completely missed this post, or if it was ever mentioned in a sermon.

Drama queen